what do you think of the new metallica album?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
I heard lots of good things about the new metallica album,even heard it's alot like their old stuff even master of pupets calliber.so I borrowed it from a friend.I didnt think to much of it but it is really starting to grow on me. have any of you metallica fans heard it? what did you think?

BackFire349
the song i heard sounds pretty mediocre.

Baylin
I like it! It's a little heavier than the last couple of offering by them rock

The_Inevitable
devil I am very pleased with their newest Album devil

finti
its the best one sine the black album

ToMacco
I havn't listened to it. I'll never buy another Metallica album again, after they pissed and moaned about Napster.

badkittykitty
ouch, how could I forget the napster thing. they were pretty vocal huh?

-=Urot=-
Now I dont want to pre-judge their new album, but IMO Metallica fell off after the black album. Metallica is just a shell of a band, since jason left. It seems james and lars, have forgotten their roots. The only member I can say that is still true to the music is kirt.

Baylin
fair point!

finti
well they found their roots again on the new album

-=Urot=-
I may have to check them out....

Korri
i give it ***** big grin

ragesRemorse
ay it was just ulrich bitchin about napster hetfeild said he could care less, as far as there new album being a fan since load i was greatly greatly dissapointed and pretty much lost all faith in them, they offer nothing new, creative or original which mettalica has been known for. Many fans said they sold out with reloaded if it is at all possible for mettalica to sell out it was ST. Anger, reloaded was just an attempt to change with the times, i mean there basic statment of rocking till death was still apparent and there music was a little stifled from previous records it was nice tosee that metallica was attempting to stay on top be around for a while but ST. Anger is just repetitive crap i do like the new addition to the band hes pretty good not near kirk but still good someone needs to murder ulrich im sick of seeing him trying to market every damn thing that has the metallica name its just sickening to see, although this is just my opinion it just so happens i have taste

royal_jester
it sucked

DemonicGambit
I was torn I kinda liked it, but not enough....

crazy_rock_chic
I havent heard their nu alb but i like the black alb

ragesRemorse
master was probabaly thier best but my fav is and justice because it has to live is to die my favorite metallica song

diegocala
It's alright, but I don't like the way it was recorded, sounds like a bunch of noise.

crazy_c
Their worst album ever!!!!!

JRatT12

ragesRemorse
ive been a metallica fan for about ten years now, i love metallica. to me there the kings of metal or were i liked all there albums up to st.anger to me it was just recylced music of there previous albums, im one of the fans who even liked re load i thought it was a succesfull transition for them but i guess alot others diddnt feel that way. yeah DEFFAINTLY pick up there other albums its worth it, there harder and better musicaly coordinated, Masters is probably their most talented album,that whole CD is filled with classics, my fav is and justice for all though deffaintly get and justice and maters before ride the lightning, Garage INC. is also spectacular they show off there diversity in music in that album

my fav songs are ORION, TO LIVE IS TO DIE, SANITARIUM

whats the new guys name?

finti
Masters was awesome when it came out, I remember it blew us all away.
Considering at that time bands like Rat, Motley Crew, Poison, Night Ranger was considered the heavy kings sick

ragesRemorse
yeah and it still blows away most all of modern so called metal band albums

finti
yes

Slowhand
Personally, I think the album *sounds* like crap. I haven't listened to it enough to digest all the nuances of the arrangements and lyrics, but it sounds like they recorded the damned thing in a giant tin can. The drums sound like a cheapie set from the Sears catalogue and the overall tone is very reminiscent if Garage Days. While that was well and fine for garage days (being garage recordings and all) it cheapens Metallica to produce this awful sounding garbage when comparing it to the Black Album of Load and Rerload with thier nice, warm mids. Even prior albums produced by Fleming Rasmuusen(sp) in antiquated studios sound better than this crap.

IMHO.

ragesRemorse
dont waste your time listening to the rest, its depressing. after burton it all went down hill. There is no rock that compares to old metallica

finti
well that is just a matter of opinion, I can think of numerous bands that I consider far better than Metallica

ragesRemorse
yeah i can think of many bands i like and think are far more talented than metallica but none have done as much for metal and none never will

finti
well I think Priest and Maiden did just as much for metal as Metallica ever done and I aint no fan of either. they all have some good records but eveen though I was blown away about the Metallica once dont mean I like em too much

ragesRemorse
metallica brought diversity to the table though.

diegocala
They did that on purpose...and failed. Bob Rock went for the moon.

JRatT12

Slowhand
Yes, I understand that it was recorded this way by design, not by accident. What I don't understand is why? After 20 years of recording, why make an album that sounds like crap? The only rational explanation I can think of is that they don't give a shit. It is my considered opinion that this album will only sound good to a die hard Metallica fan. It sounds ametuer and juvenile and sales will ultimately reflect that.

Does anyone else think that the "Unstoppable Juggernaut" that was Melallica is now dead or dying? St. Anger is a damned shame.

robincooper
the new one is absoluteley awfull, yes they may have there heavines back but overall they have lost there escence

ragesRemorse
you think metallica's new album is heavy? damn its not hevy just repetitive shit, oh well metallica sucks any more and will suck untill they quit. People will rememeber when they were sitting atop the heavy metal throne though. They just forgot how to be hard rock

Fire
it isn't their best album ever but I like some songs on it, as with every Metallica album the fans are divided, some like it some hate it
I'm a bit torn some numbers like frantic are just good others are very bad

But I have every Metallica album so I also have this one.
I've seen them live 2 already and a 3th time next year smile
I saw the St. Anger tour this year
and the nothing else matters tour (tho it has a different name) a couple years back that was the best tour ever

Korri
the best mettalica song is deffinatley Master of Puppets

Fire
I still prefere don't tread on me

Korri
not sayin i dont like that song i just really love master of puppets

Fire
okie, np korri you dig what evr song you like

Korri
kewl wink

ragesRemorse
metallica is just reaching for somthing that is out of there reach, and with the departure of hammit they just shot themselves in the head and took all hope they had of ever releasing another good song and whiped there asses with it Someone needs to murder Ulrich, what a friggin prick

Mujaffa
it's incredable great...it rocks my worldsmile)))

Fire
agreed muja smile

worldindustries
I like there neww album But my favorite album is justice for all cuz it has one on it my favorite metallica song.

Happy Dance roll eyes (sarcastic) Happy Dance

Metallica # 1 band in the world

Happy Dance roll eyes (sarcastic) rolling on floor laughing

diegocala
It was over-produced
I threw it away...and I have NEVER done that with a CD

in flames
are you kidding me ?

go and get master of puppets its there best album..look il show you a list with my PERSONAL order of there albums best to worse

Master of puppets
and justice for all
ride the lightning
kill em all
black album
reload
load
st anger

ride the

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.