The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mafia Girl
Has anyone heard of there being a "The Thing 2"......i heard there was but then i heard nothing else about it...it really like John Carpenter movies and i enjoyed The Thing..i hope there is a second one! big grin

Tired Hiker
... That movie is actually a remake of 1951's "The Thing From Another World" by Howard Hawks and that movie in turn is based on the 1943 short story "Who Goes There?" As for another remake or sequel, I don't know.

mechmoggy
I heard from a friend that there was talk of another re-make, but I haven't seen any news of it myself.

The Thing is a class film in my book anyway. cool

BackFire349
i love the thing.

Killer
it looks pretty boring.. i watched a trailer of it off a site..

KidRock
the thing is with the big squid right??

ragesRemorse
no its a shapeshifting alien that infects your blood, i used to love john carpenter movies but his last couple have been pretty bad like his most recent vampires los locos or somthing like that

ragesRemorse
i think they pretty much wrapped up the whole movie in the video game which sucked as much as a sequal would. This is one of those movies that shouldnt be touched anymore, i mean yeah itd be fun and could be good if done well but its good enough as is dont you think?

Tex
The Thing is awesome, very gory, very atmospheric, total winter movie to watch at night with your friendsbig grin

ragesRemorse
yeah deffaintly

papabeard
One of my favourite films, story, location, ideas, effects. Very beliveable, its atmoshperic and claustrophobic. This is one film that should never be "sequelled".I also loved the game.

faradayslaw
I love this movie. It was the first horror movie I ever saw. When I got older, I had to watch the rest of John Carpernter's movies.

T.M
i loved this movie watched it by luck more than anything i borrowed it off a mate because i had seen all the rest of his movie lol and i knew i would be bored that night so i just took it thinking it would be horrible ( hadnt seen anything about it ) but i really liked it and i agree there shouldn't be a remake it would just spoil it IMO.

Originally posted by Killer
it looks pretty boring.. i watched a trailer of it off a site..

link please.... have a look for ourselves...

BREN
THE THING! what an awesome movie saw it back in 1982 on a bootleg i own it on vhs and sp.ed dvd ,killer there isnt 1 second of this movie that is boring its a rollercoaster ride from start to finish,allso i agree with what people are saying about carpenter gimme,assault on precint 13,halloween,escape from new york (not la that sux ass),the fog,the thing and forget most of his newer stuff,but any 1 who hasnt seen THE THING! should run and check it outnow! and forget some lame trailer,universal cant market movies for shit!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.