Anyone watching the Olympics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Just watched the "Thorpedo" break the WR and win Gold in the 400m freestyle swimming. That Aussie is unbelievably fast.

Dim
Did you see the opening ceremony? was it cool or cheesy?..That's the part I always like to watch.

theEviljedi
That little girl had talentbut she couldn't act at all.I still like Atlanta's better for some reason.

Dim
Okay, I have no clue what you're talking about, but you're right...Atlanta's opening ceremony was beautiful, the best one I can remember. Too bad Salt Lake City's is going to suck.

theEviljedi
Did you seen the begining last night?There was a little girl.The end was cool though.I liked in Nagano when they used the bow and arrow to light the big torch.

Dim
I didn't...I don't have a TV so I haven't seen the last 2 Olympics...

Xizor
That girl was a little bizarre, but I was also starting up happyhour at the time.smile Salt Lake City had best be cool since I'm going be there. Atlanta was the best. I don't think I'll be watching much of the Olympics, I have little time as it is and I got Satellite TV installed so I can watch the Red Sox wild card chase. they are currently 1 game behind the Indians(UBH, I know you could care lessstick out tongue ).

theEviljedi
So could I.Dim how do you watch Star Wars if you don't have a tv?And how could you live with out one?

Dim
Well right now I can go down to my husbands apartment and watch SW there...but I haven't as of yet. I don't get anything done if there's a TV around. I have the attention span of a schizophrenic squirrel as it is.

Ratcat
Huh? Go to your husbands appartment? I don't get it. I thought married couples tended to live together or is this a part of American lifestyle that they don'y tell you about?

theEviljedi
There having a little time off to cool down.

Dim
We're seperated RC...But with 50% of marriages ending in divorce you might be able to call it an American lifestyle.

Ratcat
Actually I kinda got to think that was it earlier today. Sorry didn't mean for you to drag you personal life through the forum.

Dim
That's okay RC...drag away...My life (or lack of one) is an open book smile

Xizor
How 'bout those Red Sox?

Dim
How bout that Thorpe guy?....Sorry Xiz, I'd rather talk about the Olympics than baseball...What's you guys' favorite Olympic event?

Ratcat
Track Cycling, the Brits are doing quite well this year.

Dim
I like the bicycling and the equestrian events..I just saw a pic of Bill Gates at a ping pong event....PING PONG!...ping pong and curling have to be two of the dumbest events in the Olympics...

Ratcat
The only bit of Ping Pong I like is when those two asian guys start doing their showboationg bit and the end up playing each other from opposite sides of the auditorium from the seats in the audience.

I don't know if you've ever seen it but it's hysterical.

Dim
Nope...never saw it, sounds loony.

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how different Australia is from Utah...oh man...I think the 2002 Winter Olympics is going to be the most anal in the history of the games....

Xizor
I know she's not in the Olympics but Anna Kournikova is really, really HOT!!

theEviljedi
Yes she is.smile

silver_tears
eek! the ones from Greece are coming up eek!

§pearhead
Is that we they are this year? confused

silver_tears
in Athens cool

§pearhead
cool happy a classic site

Evy_O
I live in Athens! eek!

Neo_Version 7
Nai kala, Evy_O.

Sto Glyfada eipes.

Evy_O
Nai alla i Glyfada kai pali Athina einai stick out tongue
Apla oxi kentro big grin

Neo_Version 7
Nai kala.

yerssot
laughing out loud
according to Rogge yes, according to the guys that have to CONSTRUCT the stadia... around next decade wink

eleveninches
When is this years olympics starting?

silver_tears
August I think blink

Evy_O
Yeah, it's August big grin

What the f**k?

ksereis, den nomizw na ekane se kanena megali diafora an elega Glyfada giati PROFANWS oi pio polloi den tin kseroun roll eyes (sarcastic)

§pearhead
Vas? blink

Evy_O
Vas as in Was in german? stick out tongue
well, what I wrote was greek, you can't possibly understand it happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.