Stormtroopers.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
has anyone noticed that for all their training, the stormtroopers are really crappy shots? i was watching ep.5 as i posted this. leia, lando and chewie are on the run, trying to get to the falcon. the stormtroopers are firing and firing, hitting nothing but air!!!! chewie and leia have no trouble with their aim, even lando seems to be a good shot. what gives?

happy kine
the force is all around. plus tou just can't shoot a hero with a simple weapon in the middle of the movie... it has to be a glorious death... and that would not have been glorious.

Rogue Jedi
still, youve got to wonder. with so many stormtroopers chasing them, they all miss?

happy kine
luke on a subconscience level used the force to sway the shots... ok it really because its a movie and thats just the way the movie goes. if it was real life only 1 or 2 charaters would make it to the end of the first movie... and who wants that

finti
well hitting a moving target with a handgun/blaster is not an easy task. It is extremly difficult, and to the more filmatic scheme of things Stormtroopers are bad guys and arnt supposed to be better shots than the heros

Ushgarak
I think EVERYONE has noticed that the stormtroopers were rubbish.

Rogue Jedi
so, clonetroopers rock and stormtroopers suck? is that the general consensus?

finti
no

Ushgarak
Actually, in their opening ANH scene the Stormtroopers do quite well; they just go downhill from there.

finti
Bens words( Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise. )to Luke kind of looses its meaning

Rogue Jedi
finti, ush, good points. whats up with that? maybe the stormtroopers aboard the tantive IV were the varsity team and the ones on bespin were the jv team.

finti
no it is a classical bad guys good guys thing. Good guys always hit their target except A Team they wouldnt hit a barn even if they were in it

Corran
Hey don't dis the A team, they were cool. Crazy fooool.

I ain't getting on no plane.

Rogue Jedi
i pity the fool that disses the a team.(just kidding. i never could stand the show)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.