Re: Consequences for Posting Rude or Sexual Remark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Ok, I'm carrying this on here, in the right place cos I can't let a comment like that from Xizor go unanswered.

Xizors Quote: "Ratcat, you're a smary guy whose been around here a while, why don't you respond more often and outside of the SF?"

Not sure I like the term "smary", please clarify my "smary" actions, but I'll answer your query non-the-less.

Basically, I contribute to many forums both on and off of ezBoard and not just on Star Wars either. Also, as you can see from my sig, I have my own Episode-2 website and forum that takes my time as well but as I got into the forum thing pretty late in the day compared to this and many other sites out there.

Also I work, have a family and all the other stuff that just drags me from the PC so sorry if my 2-3 posts a day seem low to you.

UnknownBountyHunter
Xizor is only a college student, so family and work remain to have no meaning. J/k Xizor smile Also, I think he meant smart, considering y is next to t on the keyboard wink

Ratcat
That would be nice.

Jedi Mercenary
What's wrong with college students??

Dim
Nothing...they're great, but they (the majority) don't have some of the life responsiblities that others have because they're focused on getting their education. smile

Ratcat
Which is of course a good thing. Then you find you sundedenly have a lot less time unless you take a week of work like I have this week.

UnknownBountyHunter
College students, even though most aren't teens anymore but still can't be considered adults, because they don't necessarily have the full repsonsibilities smile

Dim
To clarify...what do you consider full responiblities?

Ratcat
Try children, a mortgage, a full time job and that's just for starters.

Now I know that some sytudents have some of these as well but I can still remember school and it's horrible to have to admit that all thopse who said that it was the best time of your life were pretty much right.

Dim
Please don't say that...If I've lived the best it's ever going to get for me I hope I get run over by a bus. Especially considering all the truely idiotic things I did in college.

I'd like a job (unemployment is horrid), and I've got a mortgage and I want some kids...I hate the role playing and petty expectations though.

Xizor
Well now, this all seems very fun. First I did mean smart, and second I felt that when you responded at all it was in the suggestions forum. I'm glad to see you are now giving us some of your star wars insight. As for responsibility: I am the Assistant Director in a summer camp in Mansfield, CT. I'm in charge of dealing with the lives of over 300 kids, plus talking to irate parents, dealing with the camps money, plus setting up field trips, camp events etc. I go to class at CU, which is almost like a career itself with all the studying and time put into it. I also have a job as a employee at an afterschool program at an elementary school outside Denver. Once again people have entrusted me with their kids lives. I owe rent on a house I share with 4 other guys, have to pay for my car and chip in on loans me and my roomates took out. AND I both spend time with and deal with the life of my girlfriend. Yet I also spend lots of time on this forum, so please you older guys(UBH,Ratcat) don't lecture me on responsibility, OK.smile

theEviljedi
What kind of things did you do Dim?I want to hear thissmile he he

Dim
Nope...You're too young and it makes me sound really bad...smile sorry...trust me..it's better for you not to know.smile

theEviljedi
Hey I'm not that young.What sex,drugs,what?People by where I live do that stuff so I'm used to it.

Ratcat
Easy Xizor, if you review you'll see that I never called into play any of your's or other students responsibilities. You are obviously someone who takes their role in life extremely seriously, based on your heavy commitments. However there are some who don't.

You're right, I had posted very little here. I didn't like to jump in full go before I had gotten the chance to get a handle of this forum and the people in it, plus there's all the other things I initially said about fourms and time, etc.

Just happens this week was a good one for me as I took a week off of work to laze around so I had plenty of time to contribute.

Xizor
Yes, I see that. Being in college is more or less the best time in my life. I don't have anyone to really answer to and my extra curicular activity shows that. I usually enjoy listing my responsibilities when I'm called on for being lazy. Sorry if I got defensive and presumtious. I'm sure I do all the same stuff Dim did and more...stick out tongue

Dim
Well, in an attempt to keep EJ somewhat innocent let's not list them shall we...(I could probably beat ya anyway stick out tongue )

Xizor
Poor EJ, You couldn't beat me Dim. I'm sure EJ will be in my shoes in 3-4 years, but for the sake of his innocent mindbig grin , I'll spare the list for now.

King Jedi
Well I have no responsabilities and don't really want any.

Ratcat
is THIS still going..........

Dim
Only because you added to it smile is there something you want to tell us RC?

Ratcat
No, King JK added so I just had to comment.

wink smile wink smile wink

UnknownBountyHunter
I can't believe how off topic this has gotten. And Ratcat, slow down on the smilies.

Ratcat
Sorry, too much sugar!

I see the posticons didn't last long.

UnknownBountyHunter
Nah!, considering the fact that none of us liked them, Raz disposed of the lil' boogers real fast.

Dim
Why would they have icons that huge and ugly? eck!

Ratcat
You can customise them and make them smaller if you wish. There are some nice SW ones that I use. But there is a time and place for them.

Dim
Oh yeah..TF.N used to have some cute little SW ones, before they switched boards. I used to always post a little ewok, or Yoda...I wish we had those.

JKozzy
What lil boogers? This seems like interesting KMC history... somebody should compile a history of KMC that's been around for awhile, maybe even Raz should do it (for obvious reasons.. big grin)

Gravity Kills
That would be nice thing to see "The Untold History Of KMS"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.