Luke's capture at jabba's palace.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
in ep.6, why did luke go through the whole routine of negotiating han and leias release? surely, with his jedi skills, he could have stole his way inside, freed his friends, then been out before anyone knew he was there. the only problem was that leia was secured to jabba.

happy kine
diplomacy first. jedi just don't go in and take things. he asked for solos life first, knowing that it wouldn't happen he had a plan b....

Rogue Jedi
but if he knew it wouldnt happen, why ask? the jedi didnt ask before storming genosis, did they?

happy kine
different case. jabba was not planning on starting a war, he was just a gangsta... while on geonosis they were trying to start a war with the aid of a former jedi and had already amassed an army

finti
diplomacy before hostile negotiations

Rogue Jedi
but luke knew nothing of the way of the old jedi. he was only familiar with what yoda and ben told him.

finti
When you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses
the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
At least Yoda told him that, and Luke must have forseen trouble since he hid the light saber in R2

Gundark
Luke had a pretty good back up plan.

Toss everybody overboard, blow up the sail barge and high tail it out of there on the only operational skiff left.

No such thing as luck, right ?

Baylin
Forgive me, but it happened the way it did because that's how the story was written... stick out tongue

yerssot
because it was the will of the force baylin, the will! stick out tongue

Baylin
My point exactly!

yerssot
my point! mine! mine I tell ya!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.