Parents of teenagers,answer me this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GroundedAgain
my mom and stepdad aprove of getting my tongue and eyebrow pierced but they ground me when they find out about my latest tatoos. what the hell is up with that?? smokin'

Stovenutts
well the way u say "found out" i imagine u didnt ask for thier approval like u did the piercings.maybe thats why?

GroundedAgain
i didn't ask for permission to get my tongue pierced but they heard me talk. and i did ask for permission to git a tatoo but mom said no and that has never stopped me before.

ChinaNiki
Maybe they figure one day you won't wnat the piercings and will allow them to heal up, but a tatoo is harder to hide

Kes
Well I'd say its because you can take a piercing off easely (sp) but a tat needs surgery to be removed.

Kes
lol hadn't notice your post China stick out tongue
Wanna know something stupid?My dad didn't say anything about my tat but got pissed when I pierced my ear! messed He's wierdstick out tongue

happy kine
kids these days... when your older the piercing will look ridiculous. as far as the tat goes if your under 18 don't do it... wait. i know too many people that don't like the tats they got as a kid. they are not overly dissapointed but you get the... well ya know i was young. as a matter of fact my little bro had a eyebrow piercing and then went to college... he came back without it... anywho... piercing are part of a uniform that todays kids like to wear... usuall you hear i'm just trying to be different... different would be to have no piercings these days.... oops i rambled again... anyway i'll just shut up now

finti
guess piercings can be removed easily while tatoos is an expesive task to remove

GroundedAgain
too late happy kine, i'm under 18 by a long shot and so are my friends with more than me

STARDUST
When you get older you probably won't want a tattoo and you can just take peircings out. That's what my parents say.

GroundedAgain
i thought bout the future before i got them and i had them all done on my back,shoulders,upper arms, and ankles. all those places are easy to cover up., trust me, i had to in order to play basketball

Stovenutts

GroundedAgain
nope, i got my 19 year old cousin ta take me to canada and sign for me. they were done by a professional.

GroundedAgain
what the hell happened to the Stovenutts message i just responded to?
it said my mom and stepdad got mad because a probably had my tats done by a 13 year old friend with a needle and ink.

Stovenutts
i edited it afer i read u go them all over your body. ive heard of people getting tats on their arms at home but never all over like that, so, i edited it cuz i knew ur friend hadnt done it or somthing.

GroundedAgain
that was close, i thought i was hullucinating again and just completely biffed spelling hullcinations, a little help please?

Stovenutts
haha sorry

Corran
I'd go with the others on this, you can easily remove the piercings, but without peeling yourself or getting lser treatment you cannot remove the tats.

For those at home do not try the peeling option.

GroundedAgain
so nobody is going to tell me how to spell hullcinations the right way?

LilMimister006
Hallucination

Stovenutts
no i guess nobody cares enough

GroundedAgain
well poop on you!! just kiddin!! that last person told me how and i will be sure to thank that person when i get higher that a D- in spelling next year

Spacey
Hey, Stovenutts, like your Jack Handey.

Stovenutts
yes, hes a genius

ChinaNiki
Hey Grounded are you better at other subjects, like math and science? lots of the time people good at math and science can't spell well.

Kes
Wasn't Einstein that couldn't read?

GroundedAgain
i'm a math super genius (honestly) but i didn't want ta tell ya'll and wreck my D- status. i have always had an A+ in math and am two years ahead of the other four people in my class. yes i said four and no it isn't a private school

GroundedAgain
i suck at science except when we git to blow things up

happy kine
they say math is the language of the universe... i'm not too sure about that myself, because math is still created by man to define his world as we precieve it... but i do like math. i mean who wouldn't. funny thing is while i was in school i never went... now that i'm older i enjoy learning and reading and the like. now i wish i went to college... instead, i'm doing a job that usually pays well but i don't get paid shit! if only i had a degree, i'd be making double what i make now. oh well... the perils of being a stoner. (i think that last statement sums it all up).

ChinaNiki
depends on the degree Happy. some degrees just require more education (higher degree) to get a job in your field

CaptainTrips
A tongue ring or other exotic piercing is easily removed and soon forgotten..a tattoo however requires surgery to remove and leaves a permanent scar. Regardless of how you may feel during your adolescent years, in most cases, your parents love you and when they lay down laws as it were, its usually because they are trying to spare you the suffering of mistakes they made when they were young. These are after all, the same 2 people who taught you to look both ways before crossing a street and to wipe your ass to prevent rashes. big grin

diegocala
Amen!

cermiestar
oh how cool you sound

CaptainTrips
lol..typical adolescent response..its not till you hit about 28 that you go.."oh sh**.....my parents were right!"

DemonicGambit
I'll try to remember that....

But I think I'm gonna get a tat of my name when I'm 30, though. That or when I'm 28... Somewhere between those years.

Tired Hiker
Don't ever let that stop you, happy kine. I have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Teledramatic Arts and Technology. I was stoned the entire time I was attending college.

AAStMichael
Hummmm.....maybe I missed one or two posts.....but...

I have a tat.....and my parents never said a word.....that was...many many years ago.

I looked into getting it removed...and not only is it expensive....but 20x more painful than getting one..

Aside from that fact......I know people who have died from ink poisoning with those things.....not to mention the dirty needles.

I think it may have been the fact that you could have gotten ink poisoning....and once it is in the blood.....they have no way to get it out.

Tired Hiker
I want to get a tatoo that says, 'I'm against tatoos'. Wouldn't that be ironic?

DemonicGambit
lol, that would be cool.

Irony is always a cool thing...its just so funny

CaptainTrips
technically it wouldnt be ironic..just stark sarcasm..which is nearly as effective..take note that nothing in Alanis Morriesette's song Ironic is actually ironic..they are just a string of bummers..check the definition of irony and you'll see what i mean..im an English and Literary Arts Major by the way....

Ushgarak
She actually admitted that. But as Greg Proops pointed out, that the song, being called Irony, has no irony in it despite attempting to is, of course, ironic!

He also used the example in the song "Like rain on your wedding day." Rain on your wedding day, he said, is only ironic if you are a weatherman and predicted good weather for it!

A tattoo "I'm against tattoos" would be ironic if, as it is presumably intended as a humorous statement, it then gave you poisoning that really DID make you against them.

Kes
It helps to do a little research about the place where you are having the tattoo made wink

cermiestar
in couldn't get a tatt........it's so permanent

GroundedAgain
you could cover it up if you ever got sick of it, which will never happen!!!

DemonicGambit
Depends, if you got when you where drunk or something then you might hate it. Considering you weren't thinking right.

GroundedAgain
i have only gotten 1 of mine when i was drunk, i mean "high on life" yup.ya like my cover up???

DemonicGambit
you are so-o inconspicuous

GroundedAgain
when i'm talkin to my mom and step-dad and cops i am. but that's in the flesh and i can't show emotion here. hey that last sentence makes me sound half way smart. COOL!!!!!!

Ushgarak
You talk to cops often, Grounded?

DemonicGambit
I bet Grounded does quite often, huh?

GroundedAgain
unfortunetly. i haven't for a good two and a half months now. boyfriend keeps me in line

Ushgarak
Good on him

GroundedAgain
yeah, kinda bad cuz mom likes him. the whole point of teenage dating is that your parents will hate who you're dating

Kes
No ofense Grounded but has it ever crossed your mind that you might get in troble just to get attention?

GroundedAgain
no!!!! i like to have fun, but i'm not good at gettin away with my kind of fun

Ushgarak
I almost hate to ask what your kind of fun is...

DemonicGambit
Well I don't! So what kind of fun?

Kes
You can have fun without getting into troble you know.

Celsius
unless its evil fun evil face

GroundedAgain
the kind of fun is fun that kids my age aren't supposed to get into until we're 18 or 21. there is a party here every weekend and that'sd about all teens do around here. you will not find a goody-two-shoes in my town.

diegocala
I have been up there...I believe it!! **shudder**

GroundedAgain
what shudder supposed to mean? it rock up here!!!

Kes
blink the only thing I can think of that I could not do before 18 is drive.

diegocala
Ok, sure

booniae
Isn't that all teens do anywhere? And you say stuff your not supposed to be doing till your 18-21. I dono about there but most my friend are going to the bar and clubs at that age. Not house parties. I could be wrong but it just doesn't make much sence to me.

Boo bunny

happy kine
i used to go to clubs and bars... now i'm a homeowner... and fun is beer doobs and horseshoes in teh backyard. woo hoo! i still goto bars now and again... but not clubs...

bigbadbike2
HK your a funny man.

Corran
I'm a parent and I still go to pubs and clubs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.