Wisdom- quotes and sayings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stovenutts
Got any wise quotes from great people?or maybe some sayings of your own?

"You might think that the favorite plant of the porcupine is the cactus, but it's thinking like that that has almost ruined this country."

Kes
If it wasn't for the gutter my mind would be homeless

Baylin
laughing out loud If it wasn't for the gutter I would be homeless!

Kes
lol Live fast, die young and leave a beautiful corpse!

Baylin
Make sure you keep on dreaming, cos with out dreams you dont have anything to aim for in life!

Kes - I'll certainly leave a corpse behind but beautiful?

Kes

Baylin
Reality is for those who cant hack drugs! blink

Stovenutts
If you're robbing a bank, and your pants suddenly fall down, I think it's okay to laugh, and to let the hostages laugh too, because come on, life is funny.

Kes
Reality is nothing but an illusion created by man.

Baylin
Man is nothing but an illusion created by unconscious thought.

Stovenutts
When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job."

Kes
Oh Finti is gonna love that one stick out tongue

-=Urot=-
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Benjamin Franklin

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Beware Of The Patriot Act!!!

Baylin
Freedom is a state of mind. If your mind remains unbroken then you can never be held truely captive.

G.P
Men build too many walls and not enough bridges
Sir Isaac Newton

-=Urot=-
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Abigail Van Buren

Corran
see sig,

-=Urot=-
"Present day statesmen are making the biggest blunder of the age if they believe that there can be any peace without equity and justice to all
mankind. Any attempt at disarmament when half the world oppresses the other half is but a farce, because the oppressed will make their oppressors get armed sooner or later."
Marcus Garvey: On the topic of World Disarmament.

mechmoggy
Don't eat yellow snow.

-=Urot=-
Never make fun of a monkey with an open cage. Because you may find yourself wearing a new shade of brown....

cermiestar
I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?

Ushgarak
I believe Red Dwarf has made two very wise statements over time.

"Right, so, you met a girl, you had a fantastic time, and then for some reason you don;t understand it all fell apart. Well, welcome to the human race, it's just you, me and everyone else!"

and

"It is impossible to pee into a urinal when standing next to someone two foot taller than you."

Stovenutts
"If you ever discover that what you're seeing is a play within a play, just slow down, take a deep breath, and hold on for the ride of your life. "

-=Urot=-
Never leave your children alone with Michael Jackson.....

Stovenutts
or never put urself into a situation in which u would need to leave ur kids with micheal jackson

-=Urot=-
LOL So true.

shadow_angel
-"Everyone has a God to kill for, they just all have different names."

Matthew Good, ya baby!

brownie
Life is what happens while your making other plans..

diegocala
No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all.

diegocala
A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail,
but your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying
"Man, we really f****d up!"

shadow_angel
Haha,that's goodbig grin

-=Urot=-
Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them! --Albert Einstein

Remember you cannot wash away blood with more blood. War was not, and is not the answer to our problems.

bigbadbike2
Hee hee laughing out loud

shadow_angel
Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't

-=Urot=-
Speak the truth, but leave immediately after. -- Slovenian proverb

ChinaNiki
"You know who you are" - roommate's mom after calling her the wrong name twice

Baylin
Life is like a being a pubic hair on the rim of a toilet - sooner or later you're going to get pi**ed off!

cermiestar
lol

Baylin
Before critisiing somebody you should try walking a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and they'll have no shoes. big grin

-=Urot=-
*** Spoken in a old scratchy voice. ***

You young kids dont know anything!! You complain about everything!! Why when I was your age I had to walk to school in the snow with no shoes!! We had to travel 200 miles uphill both ways to get there!!

So you kiddies don't have the right to complain!! Just deal with it, you slackers!!! laughing out loud

Baylin
Amen to that! big grin

ChinaNiki
Dad's wisdom after shopping with mom at super Walmart

"You know, they say married men live longer, but they use up all that time looking for their wives"

Dad's wisdom when I say I'm pissed off

"Well, it's better to be pissed off then pissed on." bunny

Phoenix
All men are animals, some just make better pets.

Phoenix
Life doesn't have a point. Life *is* the point

Phoenix
How many roads must a man walk down before he admits he is lost?

Phoenix
"Never have I seen a word as accurate as politics. Poly meaning many, and tic being a blood-sucking thing."

Phoenix
"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said" - William Buckley, Jr.

Phoenix
"The more I know about men the more I like dogs." - Gloria Allred

Phoenix
"Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the engineers are German, the administrators are Swiss and the lovers are Italian. Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are British, the engineers are Italian, the administrators are French and the lovers are Swiss"

Phoenix
If you cannot change your mind, are you sure you have one?

Phoenix
ok, i think thats enough for you to be getting on with... but i have more! LOTS more!

-=Urot=-

Baylin
If con is the opposite of pro, is congress the opposite of progress?

-=Urot=-
YES!!!

ChinaNiki
congress is DEFINTELY the opposite progress that's why this country is going to hell in a handbasket

burlyman
laughing out loud

carnival_junkie
"On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everything drops to zero."

"Give me a reason to smile, I'll give you a reason to cry. Give me a reason to live, I'll give you a reason to die."

"It's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything."

"Razors pain you, rivers are damp. Acid stains you and drugs cause cramps. Guns arent lawful, nooses give, gas smells awful, you might as well live."

"Everyone who lives will someday die and die alone."

"I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiled... the girl who always brightened someone's day. Even if I could not brighten my own."

"Why cant they realize my strength? How much it's taken to make so little of myself..."

"They turn skeletons into goddesses and expect us to learn how not to need."

"Self injury is a sign of distress, not madness. We should be congratulated for finding a way to survive."

"I know what it's like to want to die... how it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you cant. How you hurt yourself on the outside to kill the thing on the inside."

"Tell me you dont take that blade, drag it across your skin and pray for the courage to press down."

"I'm sorry if I hurt you, please dont think that this was easy."

"The three grand essentials to life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."

"You live for others and dont get why you are never satisfied."

"When you're hurt, it's natural to cry. It's part of the healing process. But if I've learned one thing about heartache it's that you cant heal forever. Dry your tears, pick yourself up and carry on. Love is out there waiting for you, go out and find it."

"Best friend means I pulled the trigger, best friend means you get what you deserve."

"Our father's were our models for god, if our fathers bailed what does that tell you about god? Listen to me, you have to consider the possibility that god does not like you. He never wanted you, in all probabilty he hates you. This is not the worst that can happen. We dont need him. Fu.ck damnation, man, fu.ck redemption. We are god's unwanted children with no special place or attention? So be it. Now, you can go to the sink and run water over your hand and make it worse or you can use vinegar to neutralize the burn. But first, you have to give up... You have to know, not fear, KNOW that someday you're gunna die. Until you know that you will be useless. Congratulations. You're one step closer to hitting bottom."

Your turn. post your favorite quotes.

Mane
"Eat shit."

big gay kirk
There's ten miles between "Should" and "Is..."

big gay kirk
Welcome death without seeking it... then you can fear nothing....

carnival_junkie
"I will not go silently. I will rage against my death, but in turn I will welcome it as well."

WindDancer
"Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge where there is no river." -Nikita Khrushchev

carnival_junkie
"Never give up on what you want in the long run for what you want now."

TheProgramSmith
"I just want to be me, and when I can, I will."

William Corgan

carnival_junkie
"Now they show you how detergents take out blood stains. That's a pretty violent image, dont you think? I think if you've got a tshirt with a blood stain all over it maybe laundry isnt your biggest problem... maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash."
-Jerry Seinfield.

PVS
"snakes have no arms. that's why they dont where vests"

carnival_junkie
"It's a good year for a mu.rder."
-Something Corporate || Me and the Moon

SlipknoT
"Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

silver_tears
Where is the everyone who dies die alone one from ?confused
sounds so familiar erm

D-Double
*kiss*
"That's good for ya. If you need more, call for refills."
-Buddy Love

silver_tears
anyone? cry

Syren
I just watched Good Will Hunting today, and this really made me, well, silent for a prolonged period of time.....

"So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my f.ucking life apart. You're an orphan right?
You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally... I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some f.uckin' book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief." - Sean

Goth_Girl
"I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived."

"Death is patiently making my mask as I sleep. Each morning I awake to discover in the corners of my eyes the small tears of his wax."

"It is possible to provide security against other ills, but as far as death is concerned, we men live in a city without walls."

Syren
"My Karma just ran over my Dogma" big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.