I Dont Mean To Be Stupid But...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_David
ARE MUTANTS REAL BECAUSE PEOPLE IN SCHOOL HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT SOME SPOTTED USING IT AGAINST MEN IN BINGHAMTON!

Kes
blink

verauko
What are you talking about?

And by the way... I wanna be a mutant hie hie lol big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Psylocke
I don't think mutants are real but if they are I want to be one!

ChinaNiki
Are you in New York Darth David?

verauko
And who doesn't want to be amutant?! Everybody are PRO!

DemonicGambit
Um...I don't think mutants are real....yet. But I believe it may be possible very very soon. That would be cool. Then mutants could ban together and build a really big mansion, and have cool secret levels, and fight against EVIL!!!

Hm. Or it could be the other way...fight the HUMANS!!! Nah, I like fighting evil, its cooler and better chance of winning.

verauko
And what's fighting for?! Nobody needs a fight! Why a fight already?! Can we just still live together without any quarrels?! Of course we can! Fight is needless here!

DemonicGambit
Relax like I said I don't see this happening for a while. blink Besides that's just the hope and dreams of a crazed fanfic writer.

verauko
I wanna peace! that's the best thing! big grinbig grinbig grin

Metroplex
I dont think there are any mutants. We evolve but to only things that we need. Example you are not going to evolve and have optic blasts just because we do not need it. For a clearer version:::The Neanderthals eolved into homo sapians because they needed to become more efficient in hunting, gathering foods, communicatin etc. Another example is the appendix. After the potato famine(i think) our body evolved and no longer need the appendix to filter out our foods. It is just a useless organ in our body.

G.P
ARGH !!! You're listening too much to Storm ....
Homo Neandertalensis (Neanderthals) & and Homo Sapiens (not us, we're Homo Sapiens Sapiens) lived together a hundred thousand years ago. Although his cranial volume was more important than Homo Sapiens', Homo Neandertalensis disapeared. We do not know if we are some kind of mix of the two breeds.

Kes
X-men stuff ppl not history messed

DBZFan
okay........Mutants could exist........But not in a million years.......hmmmm.

Metroplex
Well im trying to make a point and it is that we do not need any special powers therefore we do not need to evolve into mutants.

DemonicGambit
Well, what exactly do we need hair on our knuckles for, huh? Answer me that!

I think that mutants will/do exist. But I'm more leaning towards them existing in the future.

....and not fighting..confused..please don't yell?

verauko
What hair on knuckles?! hair is on whole body. hm.....

Darth_David
No i am in PA Not NY

DemonicGambit
I know hair is all over, I was just using knuckles as an example.

I still think that mutants exist or will!

Psylocke
I agree with everyone here saying that mutants will exist in the future!

*~PyrosLady~*
one eye

*~PyrosLady~*
Sure do Mutants exist! What a question...! stick out tongue Albinos for example are Mutants! wink No really! And Siamese-twins, too for sure! smile

DBZFan
no not really.The people born atached to each other would be mutants,but we shouldnt be worrying about mutants now,we should be worring about our futar with mutants!Thatll rock having a mutant for your friend rock!B)

DemonicGambit
Why should we worry? I mean I think that'll be pretty cool

verauko
I like mutants and I want to be one of them hie hie big grin

DBZFan
okay......(Steps away).But we could be supierer!

DemonicGambit
Yeah, but I just wanna have the powers!

Acid vision away!! Take that! And that!!

hehe.....yeah, I'm babbling out loud again.

tokyo_goddess
I'm sure I'm not the only one that wouldn't mind being a mutant, but have you tried becoming one by learning oddities...like telekinesis and telepathy like Jean Grey?...I see all these ways to learn it...but I'm not sure if it's possible...I'll try it though...I hope it works..

DemonicGambit
Yeah, I've actually read one of those books. Although I didn't actually read it for me...it's complicated.

My cousin wanted to learn but wanted me to teach him, so he bought me the book for my birthday...I still haven't finished it. hehe

tokyo_goddess
I was on this website where they said to do this project where you...well it's stupid and you have to stare at a string 20 minutes a day...it looks and sounds fishy...plus I'm to lazy to get the supplies needed to do the project.

DemonicGambit
I had to imagine moving a bottle cap using my mind!!

Maybe if I had continued to do it, I would be a mutant!! Or at least a psyhic!

tokyo_goddess
We could try, but where I was reading it said I'd have to keep it up for 6 months to a year!

DemonicGambit
I didn't read how long it would take...in fact I still have to finish the book, I've had it for about 2 years

tokyo_goddess
I was looking at a website...maybe I should go to the library...but I'm to lazy to...happy

DemonicGambit
lol I know the feeling, I can never get my self to go there. Even if it is only 4 blocks away, seriously! But if I do get there I can't stop reading, so luckily I got there a couple of weeks ago and practically read everything of interest to me

tokyo_goddess
Everytime I go there, I have to sign up for a new card! :rollseyes: argh! I won't even bother doing school assignments like summer reading...I just ask someone to borrow the book or get notes on the book! Now that's lazy! yes

DemonicGambit
lol I think I got 5 of those cards, then someothers somewhere

tokyo_goddess
I found one that's from when we moved here...like 8 years ago! blink...i hope/wonder if it still works...last time I was up there I was getting books on ventrilaquism...sp?

DemonicGambit
I think that they last forever, but that's just my guess

tokyo_goddess
It would seem so...only ritzy fancy or worthy places where they have to worry about people taking advantage of the merchandise...they have to be extra cautious with the cards they issue...what could someone do with a book...but then again...I know some sick mo fo's who've done degrading things to books...*shivers*

DBZFan
lol......

Paola
I think that we do not need optic blasts coming out of our eyes, but we need telekinesis and reading minds and all that stuff telepaths do..... 'cause what do you do when you're in bed about to get to sleep and want to turn off the TV.....yeah you're right you can use the remote.....but what if the remote is not on your bed....ever think of that??? You will need to OPEN YOUR EYES....TAKE THE SHEETS OFF....TRY TO STAND UP....STAND UP.....GO TO THE TV.....PUSH THE BUTTON......already tired, too many steps but if we could move things with our minds..............that would be PERFECT!!!
rock

DemonicGambit
You know Paola does have a point.

DBZFan
Yes............To much for me.I would go with Paola.

tokyo_goddess
increasement of laziness?...all that work could give me a headache? but that's just me!

DBZFan
Yes it is you!

tokyo_goddess
I'M A DELICATE FLOWER! LoL

the blob
i don't care if mutents are real or not, i would die/kill/do anything to be one hehe i would not be a good mutant thoe, because people would probubly make fun of me and stuff, then i would just use my powers to kill them or something

the blob
has anyone ever seen the movie unbreakable? if you have, is he a mutant because his bones wont break?

Havok
*Slap*
stop the nonsence mutans do not exist there just made up creatutres to either make little kids happy or scare them kinda like Michale Jackson

ÞÁØlå
eek that was one of my first posts stick out tongue

chrissyg
i think there is mutants out there but i wouldn't call them that i would call them sikic people there mutants in a way when i dream stuff after a week or so they become reality but thats not anything big or spectactolor but its kool

VållèjºKîd707
THERE ARE NO REAL MUTANTS!!

ÞÁØlå
why? cry OH GOD WHY?!? bawling

Emma718
not sure bout if they are real....it would be cool though....

Celestialgirl
Mutants do exist I am one, muah muah! Just kidding but I can read peoples minds sometimes.

Celestialgirl
I actually have a comic book were Illyana I think is wearing a T-shirt of Michael Jackson and he's black and you never know maybe Michael Jackson is a mutant, there just to ashamed to admit it.

njcowgirl3
They will exist in the future, but they also exist NOW! I am one of them and please nobody threaten me that u will kill me because i am a mutant.i have many mutant friends that will back me up, and trust me u don't want to be the only one going against many mutants. email me at [email protected] if u want to ask me anything.

Paola
^ blink

Huggy Bear
well, for long and gruling experiance...there are actuallty some people with "mutant" abilities. Like what you ask? whel, if you know things like i do, then you know that a polerguist isnt a ghost, but kinetic energy that builds up in a person, usually ages 12 to 20, and buffets around, colliding with other energys, causing crazy shiznit to happen.

i know people who can walk into a room and stuff falls out of cubbords or light flicker. Plus concentration and meditation can lead to a hiugher understanding of universel energies. i find that i can play with light just by concentrating on it.. NO JOKE! DONT MOCK ME!

so, any mutant ability just comes form energys.

Sage Tessa
...or, more precicisely, energies and matter interacting... wink

njcowgirl3
no, not all.

pr1983
what do you mean?

jenn624
if for no other reason than that would I love to have mutant powers...could I throw in the power to find lost stuff too?? That power would be awesome...no more searching for the stupid remote or the cordless phone, cussing at it because it wandered away again Happy Dance
Yes....what power I would have!! evil face

Prodigy
Anyone stop to consider all the radiation we get over the years? I mean, your computer screen alone is emiting who knows what into your brain... I think that could have an effect us lil humans. *nod-nod*

Paola
scared *turns off computer and hides under the sheets*

Prodigy
Actually, electronics emit radiation even when they are turned off... You need to unplug them to make them stop. erm Even then there are radio waves and such going through the air all the time.

Heh, I sleep with my laptop, plugged in. *turns rainbow colors*

crazyspinz
im a muntant...

gls
:/ well...if we start using the other 90% of our brains that we don't use right now...who knows what humans are capable of.
btw...does any one else ever walk by our look at a street light and then it goes out or turns back on? it happens to me all the time...lol

Huggy Bear
standing infront of your microwave could kill you...

jenn624
lol, i never stand in front of my microwave...there's a breeze that comes out of it. confused freaky

Prodigy
I watch the microwave... no expression At first Mom used to yell at me, but now I can get away with pressing my nose right up to it... *shrugs*

Prodigy
confused

Prodigy
My thoughts, as well. There's a lot of unused brain.

About the lights - well, do you mean like they flicker? Or do they just turn on/off and stay that way? Cuz I've looked at lamps, and then they are turned on, but I really think they were being turned on, since it was the evening... erm

I have had, however, some weird happenings with my computer.

X-Blade
If scientist's are working with cloning and stem cell research, Who's to say the government isn't already holding mutants in an underground base just toying with genetics and evolution?

Sage Tessa
Weapon X in the making... confused
Oh great, more Wolverines... rolleyes1

Prodigy
I dun think peoples would live through a Wolverine procedure. But I'm sure lots of deranged fans would be wiling to give it a try. =P

X-Blade

Prodigy
O.O Wow.

psycix
a mutant? i don't even know if it existed... could be...

X-Blade
kind of scary if you think what might evolve from that in 10 years, lol

X-Blade

X-Blade

X-Blade
The REAL X-Men

They have powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men or women. But unlike the characters of the comic book, these extraordinary people were quite real.
The movie version of X-Men was the hottest film in the theaters when it was released. Based on the enormously popular comic book, X-Men features a collection of human mutants - both good and evil - who were born with extraordinary and sometimes bizarre powers. With such names as Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto and Mystique, they bound around making blades spring from their knuckles, conjuring hurricanes from the sky or manipulating their environment through telekinesis. These characters, creations of legendary comic book author and illustrator Stan Lee, live only in the imagination, on paper and now on film.

Would you believe there are real X-Men? They may not be genetic mutants, in the strictest sense, and they may not be able to threaten or save the world with their strange and fantastic powers of the body and mind, but they are extraordinary... not at all like you and me. Here's our own gallery of real-life super-powered characters.

Lightning Man

When storm clouds gather, courageous Lightning Man stands in defiance of nature to draw deadly bolts of electricity from the heavens.

Roy Cleveland Sullivan was a Forest Ranger in Virginia who had an incredible attraction to lightning... or rather it had an attraction to him. Over his 36-year career as a ranger, Sullivan was struck by lightning seven times - and survived each jolt, but not unscathed. When struck for the first time in 1942, he suffered the loss of a nail on his big toe. Twenty-seven years passed before he was struck again, this time by a bolt that singed his eyebrows off. The next year, in 1970, another strike burned Sullivan's left shoulder. Now it looked as though lightning had it out for poor Roy, and people were starting to call him The Human Lightning Rod. He didn't disappoint them. Lightning zapped him again in 1972, setting his hair on fire and convincing him to keep a container of water in his car, just in case. The water came in handy in 1973 when, seemly just to taunt Sullivan, a low-hanging cloud shot a bolt of lightning at his head, blasting him out of his car, setting his hair on fire and knocking off a shoe. The sixth strike in 1976 injured his ankle, and the seventh strike in 1977, got him when he was fishing, and put him in the hospital for treatment of chest and stomach burns. Lightning may not have been able to kill Roy Sullivan, but perhaps the threat of it did. He took his own life in 1983. Two of his lightning-singed ranger hats are on display at Guinness World Exhibit Halls.

BeastMaster

With just the power of his mind, he can command animals to do his bidding.

Vladimir Durov was no ordinary animal trainer. As a veteran performer in a Russian circus, he claimed to use a remarkable method for communicating with his canine coworkers - through telepathy. Professor W. Bechterev, head of the institute for the Investigation of the Brain in St. Petersburg, decided to test Durov's claim. Bechterev created a list of tasks that he wanted one of Durov's dogs to perform in a specific order, without any time for training. After hearing or reading the list of tasks, Durov went to his fox terrier, Pikki, took his head in his hands and stared straight into the little dog's eyes - psychicly transferring his thoughts directly into Pikki's brain. Durov released the dog and it immediately went about performing the assigned tasks. Thinking that perhaps Durov was giving the dog subtle clues with his eyes, the test was repeated with a new set of tasks, but this time with Durov blindfolded. Pikki still responded to his psychic commands.

The Electromagneto Team

Charged like superconducting human batteries, they roam the countryside thrilling all they meet with the electrifying power at their fingertips.

There have been several documented cases of people who apparently possess inexplicable electromagnetic properties:

*For just a 10-week period in 1846, 14-year-old French girl Angelique Cottin's mere presence made the needles of compasses spin wildly; objects as heavy as furniture would slide away from her if she tried to touch them; objects near her would vibrate unnaturally.

*Jennie Morgan of Sedalia, Missouri could emit highly-charged sparks from her fingertips that were strong enough to knock people unconscious. Animals would shun her.

*After an 18-month undiagnosed illness, Canadian teenager Caroline Clare became so magnetized that metal objects, like forks and knives, stuck to her skin. The force was so powerful that another person was required to pull them off.

*Inga Gaiduchenko, a 14-year-old Soviet student was also highly magnetic. Before members of the Moscow Technological Institute, she showed how spoons and pens stuck to her hands. Even non-metallic objects such as china plates and books were affected.

The Amazing Kinetitron

With her thoughts alone, a steely glance or a subtle gesture, she can move inanimate objects at will.

Nina Kulagina became one of the most famous psychics in the Soviet Union in the 1960s because of her amazing feats of telekinesis or psychokinesis. In films smuggled out of the country, Kulagina was shown to be able to move small objects placed before her on a table. Under close scientific observation, Kulagina would hold her hands a few inches above the objects, and in a few moments they would being to slide across the table top. Wooden matches, small boxes, cigarettes and Plexiglas would all react to her intense concentration. At times, objects would continue to move even when she took her hands away. In the early 1970s, Kulagina was even recruited by the Soviet government to see if she could somehow help a sick Nikita Khrushchev.

Medictron, the Healer

With the unknown force emanating from his miraculous hands, Medictron has the power to heal all forms of injuries and maladies.

John D. Reese of Youngstown, Ohio never studied medicine. In fact, it wasn't until he was about 30 years old that Reese discovered his remarkable if latent power to heal. One day in 1887, an acquaintance of Mr. Reese had fallen from a ladder and seriously injured his spine - a "severe spinal strain" his physician called it. Reese, for some reason, ran his fingers up and down the man's back, immediately after which the man announced that his pain had ceased entirely. He got up and went back to work. Reese likewise healed Hans Wagner, a shortstop for the Pittsburgh Pirates, who had been carried from the field with a back injury; he also instantly cured a politician whose hand and wrist became useless to him from so much handshaking. Doctors had told him he needed weeks and weeks of rest. After his encounter with Reese, he has perfectly fine.

How do we explain the abilities of these astounding individuals? Are they conduits for some unimaginable interdimensional power? Are they mere tricksters and hoaxers? Or are they genetic mutants who, like the X-Men, might be forerunners of the future of the human race?

KurtWagnersgirl
I know is sounds vierd but i vas looking on zis vebsite and saw zat
you vere vondering if mutants are real vell zey are. I am one,i didnt vant to say it but i just couldnt help it.I hope you guys dont think im a freak zat im a mutant.

savannah

Mainstream
not at all dear child....I can feel your massive mutant power from my location as I type you this message. your Night crawler accent is very good by the way.

pr1983
doood...

Mainstream
I think it'd be cool to be a mutant..just as long as I looked human and could control mah powers.

pr1983
my sarcasm meter almost exploded that time...

but yeah, it'd be cool...

Mainstream
I'd want to be like Cable minus the techno organic virus.

pr1983
lol...

Mainstream

pr1983
too many powers to choose from...

Mainstream
just be Rogue and steal'em all!!!!!

pr1983
naw... i'd be cyclops or colossus

Mainstream
Why not fuse and be them both. A big metal guy with an optic blast.

pr1983
naw, that'd be greedy... i'd probably choose cyclops (assuming id' have a visor and shades)

Mainstream
You'd only be able to see the color red. I heard a rumor that Scott and Gambit were half brothers. They may have the same dad. Gambit was adopted you know.

pr1983
it'd suit me i think... my personality's practically the same...

that was supposed to be true, but the writer never confimred it...

Mainstream
What about Havok? YOU think he should make a 20 to 30 second cameo in X3?

pr1983
he'd need a bigger part than just a cameo imo...

Mainstream
Havok...I suppose..I still think Juggernaut could be a great Xman movie villain...i read somewhere that he may be in X3...something tells me not to get my hopes up though.

pr1983
juggs would be cool... though the chances are slim as you said...

Mainstream
you think if they got up to X5 he'd get is shot? I'm guessing X5 would be at least 5 or six years off though. the Xmen movies my become tired by then..then again with as many characters they have to play with ...they could go to X10 and still have a lot of fun with the movies..though by X10 everyone would have to be recasted with younger people though.

pr1983
yeah.. like u and me big grin

Mainstream
I want to write or direct not act...but being Gambit long lost half brother with the ability to become an energy being would be cool. or being a teenage Beast. I could be his son or something Martain Mccoy the teen beast!!!!

pr1983
u want to direct it? what would you write?

Mainstream
hell if I know...I know if I did an Xmen movie Cain would be my villian...but something tells me some big shot director would beat my ass to it. Lucky bastards. beer beer

pr1983
lol...

Mainstream
X4: Nothing can stop the Juggerant..A Mainstream production. blink geek wacko confused

pr1983
cool...

Mainstream
I wonder who could play the big unstobbable son of a b#tch? mad roll eyes (sarcastic) evil face evil face evil face

pr1983
arnie lol...

clarke duncan?

that guy thats meant to be the new terminator?

Mainstream
The kingpin dude? sounds different...and unexpected... ninja

pr1983
or this guy...

http://www.terminatorfiles.com/reload.htm?midden.htm?id=1645&zoek=

Mainstream
yes yes

KurtWagnersgirl
Nice you guys lol vhy dont ve all just say vhat mutant powers ve vant!

savannah

njcowgirl3
i don't need to i already have them. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing whistle

KurtWagnersgirl
Dude Njcowgirl3 its me Savannah and i already have the powers too i can teleport

Mainstream
KWG...Savannah Ga? then your not too far from my locale...cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

njcowgirl3
i know it's u savannah(Ms. Wagner). big grin wink stick out tongue

njcowgirl3
have u emailed eleccity yet? huh

Paola
this is not a chat room.

if you wanna have conversations with people, use private message system

wildfirecuttie
hi, i'm amutant too! nice to finally be able to talk out in the public with humans, once in a while, without them freaking out. ya know.

wildfirecuttie
instead now they just say u are lying or are crazy.

pr1983
so what can you do???

wildfirecuttie
ass holes.

wildfirecuttie
i can control electricity.

wildfirecuttie
why, who r u?

pr1983
i asked a simple question, why the name calling?

how did you develop that ability???

wildfirecuttie
i wasn't calling u that.

wildfirecuttie
i was calling everyone else that was saying mutants don't exist and that njcowgirl3(flare)was mental and stuff.

pr1983
oh, ok...

so tell me about it... what is the extent of your power???

wildfirecuttie
i got it when i was 10 and i was mad at my parents, so i ran away and hid in what i thought was an abandoned ware house, which turned out to be an old electrical plant.so when i tried to find the light swich i triped over the cord that held all of the electricity and there was a little explosion, and that is how i got my electrical powers.

wildfirecuttie
so r u a mutant?

pr1983
your explanation doesnt seem to be a mutation, more an accident, like spiderman...

yes i am...

wildfirecuttie
what is your power then. it was an accident, but i am still a mutant and so is njcowgirl3 and savanah.

pr1983
oh...

well i absorb solar energy... it doesnt do much at all besides giving me extra energy...

so how do you use your powers?

wildfirecuttie
i don't use them a lot except at our club meetings.

pr1983
ok... my wife is too...

why not use in public???

wildfirecuttie
well i did once and someone saw me, called the cops, and then i had to run from them and used my powers to get away. i was in the cops computer to capture with a lot of other mutants, so i hacked into their computer system with the halp of my brother microchip and deleted everyone, under mutant of course only.

Shadow_King

pr1983
you know thats a bad thing, you should be more responsible, if you use them in public you have to make sure your not caught...

Khellendros
Are there mutants? Humans with abilities that outreach the rest of humanity just a bit? Sure. Now they can't shoot beams from their eyes or lift dump trucks with their mind or heal from almost being gutted, but "mutants" are out there.

There was a berlin baby born with twice double the amount of a genetic mutation that produces incredible strength in mice and cattle as well. Then there is the Russian girl who has something like X-ray vision. She can actually see medical problems with a person's internal organs, like cancer. Russian scientists have been trying for some time to prove this is a hoax, but cannot.

Then, of course, you have the CIA who has been using remote viewers (psychics who can enter a trance and see people and place hundreds or thousands of miles away) for years for various missions. Their abilities are scientifically verifiable.

There are people who can feel your emotions and your pain. I personally know a lady who can make your skin feel like it's on fire just by touching you. Oh, and lets not forget the artist in Albuquerque who kills streetlights when walking outside and routinely disables electrical appliances in his own house without trying.

I hope you were looking for a serious answer, cause the fact is that this world is a lot stranger than most people think.

ragesRemorse
DRUGS ARE BAD

wildfirecuttie
where did that come from? huh

KurtWagnersgirl
Ya we are no different ve are normal humans.So i can teleport,wildfirecuttie can control electricity,Flares a mutant too big deal!
just because ve have special powers dosnt mean to treat us differently ya you know mabe i do have a tail so! I go to school i learn i can have a job i have a life all of us mutants do we are not evil we are just trying to show you that we are just as much a part of this world as human ve arent here to hurt you but to show you.

Savannah (Ms.Wagner) aka a Teleporter

Rave X
Could not agree with you more, though I hope we are wrong.
And if I'm not wrong, somebody asked wether telepathic and telekinetic abilities are things you can learn yourself. Yes you can. For those who are interested, look up something about magick (just dont buy everything they say) and for those who want to learn, get yourself books from Konstantinos.

wildfirecuttie
those who are human watch out, because there are mutants all around u and most of them are from the mmf club, which me, mrs.wagner, and flare are in. Actually Flare is the leader of it all. She started it to help me, then word got around to other mutants who joined. laughing Be afraid be very afraid!

KurtWagnersgirl
Dude thats sick who thinks like that?

Savannah

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>