Lucas and the almighty dollar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthBorgie
While I am on the toy subject, what should we expect from the toy industries after May 2002? Heres what I want to see...

1.Video Games, hey, If anyone played podracer, it wasn't that bad, especially in the arcade
(by the way, where the heck is my Jar Jar game(j/k))

2.The 6" characters, I would like to see 3, Anakin(duh), Windu, and Jango

3.Models, I didn't see any from TPM, where were they, I thrive off them.

It comes before the movie, so prepare for it, the merchandise is coming faster then we think...

JediOasis
I would love another head to head fighting game, like Masters of Tersi Kai(sp?) It could have the Jedi Council members, Obi-Wan, Anakin(good and bad) and the Fetts, and the new Sith, Maul and whoever the new Sith is.

queeq
I want the Obi-Wan game for PC. But.... grrrrrrrrrr.... the .

queeq abides

Ushgarak
Doesn't this belong in the Expanded Universe forum?

But in any case, I agree with Queeg. Obi-Wan's cancellation on the PC is a disaster for your average PC gamesplayer. Word is, main reason it was pulled out is because it was rubbish. Difficult to believe from what we have seen, but if it is true then it is a sand reflection on Lucasarts, once kinds of the game market (they HAVE been making some really bad stuff lately). It does look like profit is taking over from quality there...

queeq
I heard they had some problems with adjusting it to the PC platform. Now it'll only be available on PS2.

queeq abides

Ushgarak
Adjusting? That game was a PC exclusive! It was in return for the PS2 getting Starfighter.
I'd heard it was jumping to the X-Box, though the PS2 is perfectly feasible. Still, what about the mouse-driven sabre fighting system they'd developed? It would be a shame never to see that.

DarthBorgie
This isn't EU, we are trying to only discuss merchendising dealing with new Star Wars Movies.

queeq
Well excuse me. The mods will move it when they see fit.

Yes, the mouse driven sabre control. Too bad. Well, I'm not going to buy a PS2 for it. Hope they get a good new game going before Ep2.

queeq abides

Darth Daft
I agree with JO, a new Episode II based fighting game should be made. I've never actually played Masters of Teras Kasi (or whatever the damn thing's called!) but I heard it wasn't that great, especially as the character's lightsabres didn't even clash. I think LucasArts should definately have another try at making a cool fighting game.

JediOasis
Have any of you played the game Star Warsbig grin emolition for the PS? I played it about a month ago and I thought it was terrible. The graphics were bad and it was kinda pointless.

Jedi Mercenary
Jedi Knight is the best SW game

queeq
True. Very true. But X-Wing Alliance is pretty good too. And Mysteries of the Sith.

COREWORLD
DarthBorgie, there were some model kits released with TPM, they included: BattleDroid on STAP, Naboo N1 Starfighter, Anakin's podracer and the Droid starfighter, although they have now been deleted, you may still be able to track them down.

DarthBorgie
I hope so, those things were so cool.

finti
At least this topic will get a PG rating.

DarthBorgie
why finti?

Jedi Mercenary
I think the coolest toy ever made was the Micro Machines Death Star that thing was the coolest.

queeq
Never heard of that. What did it do?

COREWORLD
Er...I think that i may have that somewhere upstairs...The Micro Machine Death Star that i have is a chunk of the Death Star with a flat underside, the top section lifts off to reveal a landing bay and gun emplacement, along with a plastic arm which you can affix any of the micro machines to simulate the tractor beam effect. When the top is replaced you can use the provided X-Wing to attack the trench and simulate battle damage with the pop off plastic plate. Not that i've ever done anything like this....Really!

P.S Or is it the 'Action Fleet' version you're talking about?

finti
Well DB take a look at the postings and you figure it out, if not... learn the word irony!!!

queeq
Ah yes, irony. laughing out loud

Well, CW, that sounds very exiting. Why didn't they have such cool toys in The Netherlands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.