Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TedO
Post your thoughts on the venom movie here. Nothing big out yet, but I can't wait to see it... Venom owns.

dgpeslis
i didn't know there was going to be a venom movie. how did you find out and who is gonna play venom

DemonicGambit
Venom's getting his own movie? Alright!!!!
It's totally gonna kick @$$! Venom is one of the best character's out there.

borgasm???
shouldn't he fight spider-man in spider-man 3 first?

DemonicGambit
No, not techniqually. They might just do a background story of the Venom. Where it came from and why it drives people crazy

borgasm???
i guess then they can mix and match

borgasm???
it would be cool to see venom take on carnage in a movie of his own, but spider-man is an essential element.

DemonicGambit
um...don't carnage and venom work together? I mean I thought carnage was supposed to be a part of venom...right?

borgasm???
yeah, but venom still hates carnage. carnage was an accident. venom isn't even really a bad guy, except that he hates spider-man.

TedO
Carnage is actually the son of Venom... symbiote wise at least. I found it on the net while searching for Spier Man info (#3), but it didn't have a whole lot of info. I don't think it's begun shooting yet. The only thing they've done, I think, is decide he's getting amovie.

And I think that Carnage should have his own movie... or just have Maximum Carnage storyline a whole movie. That was awesome

borgasm???
they should give carnage his own movie, but it would contend more with "Elm Street" like movies rather than comic based mivies. Not many little people would be allowed to see it, and they are a huge chunk of the comic fan base. Maximum Carnage would be a sweet movie though.

Darth Vicious
I agrre that Spidey is very essential to Venom, i think maybe introduce him firs in SM3 then give him a movie kinda like Elektra in DD but i would just rather see it in a Spider Man movie because lets face it Venoms main enemy is Spidey!

Metroplex
Well it was Spiderman that got the Venom suit first and then "passed it on" to Eddie the current Venom. so i think they should do something like that.

DemonicGambit
Yeah that would make a lot of sense. Like Spidey gets it in 2, then we start to see the hostility between him and Eddie, then Spidey gets rid of it at the end.

TedO
I'm very curious to see how Venoms past is portrayed if they don't bring him in Spidey 2. Any ideas (besides a basic flashback), or do you think they will simply destroy Venoms comic book past and leave the web slinger out?

Metroplex
Well the reason why Venom has similar powers to Spiderman is because the symbiote based itself on Spidey. Thats why Spidey' spider sense never works o Venom.

DemonicGambit
Because it knows Spidey.

*whoo-ooh* Spooky, run little Spider, Run!!

Metroplex
Well Spidey always beat Venom in a fight.

DemonicGambit
Because Spidey has his brain power on his side.

In my opinion they always protrade Eddie as a big brainless lug. The prefect arch for Spidey, but sense they went and changed Spidey a bit. He isn't all super genious.

TedO
No, Spidye isn't this super smart dude in the movies, which means they may just make Venom a complete idiot in the movies. Which I hope not. He's actually rather smart, he just has a different perspective on life. Mostly since hte symbiote joined with ihm, but still.

BOPRecruit 16
wow, anymore news on the venom movie? this is the first time i heard of the possiblity that he's going to have one.

no way! carnage is not the son of venom, not really. eddie accidently got the symbiote on him after spidey got rid of it. then eddie became venom. than when he was in jail again and broke out, he left a blot of the symbiote behind on the broken wall. then it got on his inmate, Cassidy *whatever his first name is* and later he became Carnage. so, they aren't related the people, but their suits are in a way. but i don't think of them as father and son. i'm not sure how often they gang up to do crime together in the comics, but they do in spider-man unlimited. so they are more like friends then family.

i kind of agree with tedo. spidey isn't smart all the time. sometimes he acts before he thinks in a way. venom may not seem too bright because of the symbiote is messing with his mind. consuming his thoughts and actions, getting too attached. that's why peter got rid of the thing. but the comics with spidey wearing the suit are my faves!

if the movie decided to make more spider-man spin off for villans and such, it would get too crowded and overplayed. but the idea sounds cool all the same, go venom!

http://www.patelisentertainment.ca/forsale/comics/chaos/venom.jpg

Darth Vicious
You are partially right about ur commentsa on Venom/Carnage(Kletus Cassidy) while ur accurate as what happened when they were in jail they are far from friends, they hate each other and the reason is that Venom thinks that Carnage shouldnt have happened, it was a mistake and true theyve teamed in the past but they hate each others guts and the reason Carnage is more vicious is that Venoms; symbiote only got attached to Spidey and Eddie Brock, both reporters, Cassidy was a murderer already and with the symbiote he became more dangerous as senn in Maximum Carnage storyline!

TedO
I think they should make the Maximum Carnage storyline a movie (or a few movies to do it justice). It was one of my favourite storylines in comics.

BOPRecruit 16
in the comics, i haven't got to venom and carnage yet. what year/issues do they come in?

Metroplex
This happened a while ago. in 1994-1993 about.

TedO
Yeah, it was a long time ago. The Maximum Carnage series was done through the entire Spider Man titles (dunno how many there were at the time) in, like, 30 parts. Maybe more, maybe less, just a random guess stick out tongue. It rocked

Superman5452
I love Vemon. and yeah and spiderman was supost to make his webbslinger not just "poof" there it is. ha ha ha i just reminded myself of "Woomp there it is"

spideyfan
trust me guys this is definately worth taking a minute out of your lives to look at!

killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=415692#post415692

ragesRemorse
although venom is a bad ass villian he'd be bunk wihout spiderman even his solo comics died

cruoris
All right, I've come to settle this here and now. There will not be a Venom movie, at least not for a few years. Someone came up with the idea and it was shot down by one of the execs at WB. Venom and Carnage will make their appearance in Spider-Man 3, and possibly after that time there may be a movie of their own. Every thing hitting the web right now is nothing but exaggerated rumors.

Eidolon
Thanks Cruoris I was going to say what you just said more or less. A Venom movie has only been thought about and one script written but shot down. The guy who did the movie Blade supposedly wanted to do a Venom movie sometime after Blade (and before Spidy movie was even thought up). He had planned on making a Venom movie without having Spidy involved at all, and make Venom in a hero. And then there have been speculation to a Venom movie with the comic hero movie boom, but if there is one it won't be for at least a couple of years.

For the record I'd just like to say I'd love a Venom movie (if done right of course) but it'd only be logically for it to come after an apperance in a Spidy movie. Also for the record Spidy may have won in the first fights he and Venom had, but just barely and in the latest fights they've had Venom kicked Spidy's butt.

Linkalicious
SM3 would have to use the cartoon's reasoning for Spidey to get the new costume. The comic version would be much too difficult to describe in 1 episode. I am completely of the belief that Venom should be added to the SM series because he's crucial to it. The movie would be difficult to write because they would have to describe how Spidey got it, then show how it tried to bond with him and how it drove him somewhat insane. Then it needs to show him lose it and eventually to have it go to Eddie Brock. I think that they do some foreshaddowing for a future venom in Spiderman one when they mention him (eddie brock) in the Daily Bugle, but introducing the character would be very difficult.

venomfan
trust me if you stuck venom and spiderman in a box venom whould kill him,spidey is coll but he runs away from venom,the clone whent head on against venom and almost died in the same issue,venom gutted him and then the chick symbiote scream got involved(boo)but the movie would rock non theless venom should fight spdiey and the other bad guys from the first,if there still alive..

Linkalicious
Peter still got the science award, I'm sure that he's very smart, they just didn't portray him as a clark kent-ish nerd boy. And they did do a little foreshadowing on Spiderman when Peter goes to get a job at the Daily Bugle. That one guy tell J. Jameison that Eddie's been trying to get pictures for weeks. In the comics Spidey had to run off to the Secret Wars to pick up his new costume so i don't think they are going so far as to introduce the whole marvel universe (earthly) just to get Venom involved. It would probably be a script similar to the cartoon so that it could fit into 1 movie. And Carnage would be the best movie because it would have the best 2 characters in it (venom and carnage.)

Aesma
Movies are gonna be limited, life span of a title doesn't last much.

I agree with the recent comments.

If they're gonna have Carnage, might as well do it like the cartoon, and yes, comic book method of acquiring the symbiote was another big saga, so need to get into that.

If a Venom movie is going to come out, Venom has to show up in the Spider Man movie first. Really, not many know who the hell Venom is. Maybe somewhere along the movie, maybe close to the end, Venom helps Spidey stop Carnage, thus making him a "good guy", and perhaps good enough for a movie of his own.

Linkalicious
you don't have to be a good guy to get your own movie. Look at such "great" (begins laughing) titles as Escape from LA and the new Vin Diesel movie "The Chronicles of Riddick" I would love to go and see a movie where the bad guy wins.

Aesma
Yeah, but the movie makers are probably going to target teens, and more on children. So they'll probably make him a hero if they want him to have his solo movies.

Linkalicious
True, but i think that introducing him as a bad guy in the Spidey movies would work fine. Then they could spin off as a good just like they did with his own comics. I just don't know how they would end the Spidey movie so that Venom seems less like a baddie.

venomfan
well he is a good guy,kinda but still kills whoever he see's fit. but i think eddie brock is dead(which blows a big one). cuase he aint in run or shiver,just the symbiote

venomfan
ok never mind he aint dead, the symbiote is in alaska and Brock is on the run..

Linkalicious
you mean it un-bonded itself with him? god i wish i still read comics...i have the first 25 or so Venom comics but then i grew outta comic books. I imagine one day i'll get back into them...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.