the kid the one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sargoth7
there is no way the kid is the one
remember when trinity went to the oracle?
she said that Trinity would fall in love and that
man would be the one. She fell in love with Neo
and thus he was brought back to life and
became the One. the kid can't be the one.
Neo is. That's all there is to it.

Another_Smithy
You have a point there...but what if Trin is a hoe ^__^ Also you all have'nt took the quote very seriously even though you may think the reason behind it was solved...remeber when the Oracle said Neo was'nt the One? Maybe she just said he was'nt the One but he believed he was, also maybe that could tie in with when she says "You've made a believer out of me."

dgpeslis
another smithy is right in that. but i'm not gonna take sides on the theory of the kid being the one because i want to find out in november.

CrazyShady
We need more people on the boards like this. blink no expression

dgpeslis
i am just a keeper of the peace

sargoth7
nice graphic

dgpeslis
it is very cool where did you get it

CrazyShady
Found it some place, I dont remember exactly.

-=Urot=-
Now keep in mind that in the first film the Oracle told neo that he was not The One.

In the Kid's story & movie Neo tells the kid that he didnt help him. The kid freed himself from the matrix.

Agent_Smith
EXACTLY!!! i am sidin wit the kid bein the one.... Happy Dance Happy Dance

Crappybob
the kid is not the one you dopes! I hope you are all still posting here after revolutions comes out so I can rub your noses in the fact that you were way off. And all these people who say that the kid is the only one to ever free himself? Crap, it says in that cartoon that it is very rare not that he is the only one EVER to free himself. I wonder sometimes if you guys have even seen the movies and animatrixes?

Kes
I'm not saying that the kid is the one or not. I'll wait till Nov. but for sake of argumenet that frase can be interpreted (sp) in another way.
You wrote:
"fall in love and that
man would be the one. "
This could mean the one for her, has in a soul mate. Maybe this one is the one she's ment to be with. She also loves Ghost but has a brother.

SpikeSpiegel
I'm going to wait until november to see if the kid is the one but i hope he isn't.

happy kine
if the kid is the one then the meek have inherited the earth

SpikeSpiegel
I've just had a thought. If another one of the smiths theory is correct then that could mean that neo is still the one. He is the one that stopped the war, which is what the job of the one is. Then if the kid takes the archatects (sp) place he is not the one he is the peacekeeper, who keeps the machines and the humans at peace thanks to neos, the ones, job which was to bring about the end of the war.

Korri
awww hurry up and be november gawd damn it!!!!

-=Urot=-
Good point spike.

1st Question.. How much will power is need to free yourself from the matrix?

Remember Neo needed help. Then once he was found his body was a blob of jelly, because he never used it.

2nd question. When the kid freed himself. Was he able to use his body as soon as he was free? Or did he have to have his muscles rebuilt like like Neo did when he was freed??

*Side Note: I only saw a kids story once. I need to look at it again.*

Kes
You see at the end of kids Story Neo and Trinity rebuilding his muscles. We don't know how he wakes up we just know he does it by himself.

Ikobe
Hang on a second people.

Which is then followed by...

Contradictory speech there. It's a test, I think. Neo is the One and eventually he comes to terms with it and knows he is the One. It's like Morpheus says in the sparring program near the start...

And of course remember, there's a difference between a test and a choice - after being tested by the Oracle he makes a choice to believe he is the One. So there.

~AI (who is determined to be the youngest proper Matrix philosopher thingy *grin*)

-=Urot=-
Ikobe that makes sense.

Like I said before, I cant wait till Nov.

sargoth7
i think that if the kid really is the one, that's probably the worst thing the wachowskis could do to this trilogy. they have spent all this time building p that neo is the one, and he has inherited tremendous powers to fight in the war. the kid is a small annoyance in the big picture. i wouldn't be surprised if the wachowskis or somebody, just let this hint out in the open by "accident", to throw everyone off and the final surprise will be even bigger.

gabimr2
noo!! if the kid its the one!! i'll be very angry!!
NEO ITS THE ONE..thats all! stick out tongue

The Omega

gabimr2
wOww no expression that's a very good answear ..i like it! smile smile
a very inteligent answear I think stick out tongue stick out tongue

-=Urot=-
Omega that was very informative. Looks like the kid being the one is not a strong arguement. Good job.

Kes
This is a matter of interpretation.

This is a good answer big grin

Labyrinth
once again crappy bob is right, but like sumone said the oracle told trini she would fall in love with the ONE = neo CORRECT?????

Kes
Trinity say: "The Oracle told me that I would fall in love and that that man,the man I fall in love with, would be the one"
If not this than something really similar.

Metroplex
Its pretty ridiculous that the kid is the One. He freed his own mind from the MAtrix, butit proves nothing. Even the black dude from the Animatrix "World record" freed his own mind and is not the One.

gabimr2
Originally posted by Metroplex
Its pretty ridiculous that the kid is the One.

lol!! yeap I think the same!

AsthmaticZero
If any of you honestly believe that Neo is not the One, you need to go back and watch both movies again. It is not even a question. Your strongest argument? The part where the Oracle tells Neo he is not the One? She says that it looks like he is waiting for something. Perhaps another life. He then proceeds to die, get ressurrected, and realize his powers. He is the One, and there is no doubt of that. If you belive otherwise, you're wrong.

Sifer
Not to mention that the Oracle never said anywhere in both films that Neo isn't the One.

She says this:

Oracle: And I'm meant to say, hrmmm, that's interesting. And you're meant to say...

Neo: What?

Oracle: But you already know what I'm going to say

Neo: I'm not the One.

Oracle: Sorry kid, you got the gift, but it looks like you're waiting for something.

Neo: What?

Oracle: Your next life maybe, who knows?

Then in Reloaded she says this:

Oracle: You have to

Neo: Why?

Oracle: Because you're the One!

So that along with common sense and the points other people have made should rule out ANY possibility of the Kid being the One. Also, I actually can't remember if I have mentioned it before.

Well you know the above conversation in "The Matrix". Well have you ever looked at it from a different angle (approach etc) - You will find that the Wachowski's are clever, cunning little shit bags. The Oracle is doing the whole One see the Oracle routine. She has done it before, she is bored with it.

Oracle: Now I'm supposed to say..... etc

6th time she has done it smile Bet she is pretty pissed off...lol

AsthmaticZero
Sifer, you are one of the cool ones on this board.

SpikeSpiegel
Exactly and as of that they will make the one someone who is unexpected. This means that Morpheus is the one

Korri
yes i agree!!

Sifer
Why thank you! big grin

Spiegel: Neo is the One - He is carrying the anomaly! It's as simple as that - There is gonna be no twists concerning who the One is because:

A - It would be pointless, dumb and definately bad writing.
B - It would totally confuse people (alot more so than what the films do already)
C: Common Sense wink

SpikeSpiegel
I know that i was jking.

Ikobe
Yeah. I keep going to pick up on the 'next life' thing, then forget it when I go to write it down... bah. But yeah, that's it, basically.

But are there *any* reasons why Neo might not be the One? I figure one might be that there is someone else out there that Morpheus may have overlooked (perhaps in another hacker circle) that Trinity had never met and so still had the chance of falling in love with... you can see where my theory's going, I think. A Potential that was somehow left undiscovered.

~AI

pslice
NEO IS NOT THE ONE!!!!!! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ANYTHING!!!! DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WOULD END IT THAT EASILY??

SMITH IS THE ONE!!!!!

-=Urot=-
Thats funny.

Having consided both movies. I would have to say Neo Is the one.

gabimr2

Stovenutts
If that cookie that the oracle gave neo put somthingin him like the cake in M2 than the oracle didnt lie to neo. he may not have truly been the one untill he ate the cookie.

rysdigital
rofl!

anomolyifying super cookie stick out tongue

forumcrew
the oracle told neo he was not the one in the first one but she said maybe in another life.. smith killed him and then he came back to life making it Another life, one where trinity loved him so he was the one

Another_Smithy
So you are all saying that if Trin loved me and I got shot and came back I would be the One?

gabimr2
well..maybe smile

Ikobe
Worship the cookie. One of my friends is an oracle, and she makes cookies... dude. That makes me a One too!

Korri
c thats wot i was told but thats just not rite

n3m0
The hole cookie idea is rather interesting. There would be no real reason for the scene with the cake in Reloaded. Why should they show us that it is possible to write hacked code in the Matrix. Maybe to explain the code in the cookie. It is possible that the anomaly is inserted in a body with the right specs so that he will carry this anomaly and enrich it with his experiences and then reinsert it in the Source. Maybe the death of Neo is the trigger of the anomaly code.

Kes
Good one n3m0!

Korri
yeah wink

neo_dragon
the kid is not the one, maybe the oracle told him that because she felt that if becoming the one was a moment of self-realization, that it would help neo more than if she just told him he was the one. besides i think that if the kid were the one, they might have done a little more to develop his character in reloaded. and i think also that neo told him he saved himself to blow the kid off, not to be serious.

Kes
We see in the animatrix that the kid releases himself. We hear Trinity tell Neo that that has never happen before (or that its unheared of). Neo also tells Trinity that he saved himself when she says something about saving a life.(in Reloaded)
So no, Neo didn't say that to blow the kid of.

Korri
Neo is deffinalty the one no doubt abt it

DarkMage31
Threads like this annoy me. There is no way to find out the real answer to the question until Revolutions comes out! If the W. bros wanted the kid to be the one, they'll do it in Rev.! If not, it'll never happen!

Anyway, my 2cents:
NEO IS THE ONE.

I was just thinking about that conversation from a slightly different perspective.

Neo: "I'm not the One?"
Oracle: "Sorry kid. You've got the gift..."etc.

Possibly a double negative?

negative + negative = positive

Neo says, I'm not?
The oracle says Nope, as in saying to him that he is wrong in that statement.

She follows it up by talking about the gift and how he's waiting for something, as in he can't become the One until the thing he's waiting for arrives, but he still is the One.

Just my most recent reverse thoughts.
-DM31

Korri
ya!!!

Vim
Its a little bit of reverse psychology, like when you tell someone not to do something, in wanting them do it, and then they do it. Maybe, then again, all Neo had to do was wait for his next life? Smith killed him, and then BAM! Neo gets up and freaking kills an Agent! Make sense?

Korri
totally smile

The Omega

Kes
He actually takes a bite. But I read somewhere (can't remember if it's real and don't feel like watching the movie to see if it's true) that there are 6 cockies in the plate. Neo is the 6th. So it could be a sign for Morph. But Morph believes so much that I doubt thats necessary.

Korri
u r correct

Sifer
Yes, there is indeed 6 cookies on the plate smile And I can't believe this thread is still going big grin

Korri
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.