Dvd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil-X
I'm new here so don't kill me if this has been posted several times.
But I was wondering why episode IV-VI are not on DVD?

Evil-X
I will never know huh?

Rogue Jedi
PM finti or ush. they are pretty knowledgable.

finti
It is rumored that the OT will be released on DVD after EPIII premieres, I guess closer to christmas that year

Evil-X
^^Thanx, but does anyone know, why such the long wait?

imhotep
The official news from George Lucas is that, when DVD become a hot format and everyone was asking for those movies to come out, he had begun production of the new series. Since he wants those DVD's to be the best he can make them with lost footage, documentaries from the time, better sound and image, you know, the works, he said he would only do it after completing the task at hand so as not to disperse too much. I think it won't be after Ep.III premieres, it will be some time after Ep.III DVD comes out. I'm guessing Summer 2006!!! Because Ep.III DVD should come out Christmas 2005.

I know, I'm desperate too...

finti
well guess that clears things up, nice one imhotep smilesmile

Evil-X
Thanx for the info

ToMacco
George Lucas is a marketing genious. He is causing a horrific supply/demand deal.

This is what he wants to do; He wants everyone to buy the new trillogy on DVD. Lucas knows everyone will buy up the OT on video, becuase that is the only format available. Once we all bought up the OT on video, he will come out with it on DVD. He will make twice as much money, for the same movie.

Lucas tries coming up with explinations for this, but the bottem line is money. "Oh, ahh. . . we need to properly format the extra footage to the DVD's," Lucas says. What a line of bullshit. Remember how Lucas said that Episode I took so long to come out on DVD, because they had to take care of the the bonus features? Well, why the hell did Episode II take 1/3 of the time to come out on DVD? They had the same features as the Episode I DVD.

It's ALL about money. Don't buy a word of Lucas' shit.

Evil-X
Yeah I was wondering about the whole episode I and II DVD deal. Episode took forever to come on DVD.

imhotep
I only said those were the official news. There are always some "conspiracy theorists" out there who think THEY, whoever They are, are only after us for the money.

He's probably right anyway...smile But, coming from a guy who bought the VHS Special Edition, I thought that came out before DVD started to get big. Anyway, if it comes out right I won't mind too much. And I'll also think that, everything takes time and money to be made, especially to be made RIGHT. If you think that people are going to have a lot of work making something without expecting a financial return for it, you are indeed very gullible (that's the right word I think)!

imhotep
About the time difference between releases of Ep I and EpII DVD.
When you have a basis to work on, Ep I DVD, and you know what to put on the DVD and how, well it's a whole lot simpler. In EpI they had to plan for a format and style that will span probably for 6 different movies. Don't forget that the whole franchise was in standy before he decided to start working on it again and those things take more time the first time.

Just remember your first time smile The second time you knew what to do right? It probably hapenned a lot easier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.