Legolas vs. Aragon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blackicedragoon
If Legolas battled against aragon who do you think would win?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/donatello.gif rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

undomiel
thats kinda weird because I dont think that they would ever fight

blackicedragoon
I know its just peoples opinions if they did fight

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif

undomiel
oh

P-NuT
is it close range or at a distance...?

At close range Aragorn for sure

At long range leggy can shoot Aragorn down real nice.

blackicedragoon
I'd say far away range and i think aragorn has a bow too.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif

Princess_Leia
Aragorn cud kick Legolas's ass!!!!

P-NuT
leggy would be way better with a bow. lets be serious

Dexx
these "what if" questions are rather silly.
We'll never know i guess....not that i'd have the curiosity of finding out either

cgtuna21
It is hard but aragorn would kill legolas easily in short range no doubt about it but legolas would beat aragorn in long range with his nice bow and arrows. I dont know aragorn could swipe them away but legolas would be too quick. I dont know aragorns awesome close up but legolas is good at long rage. But i dont know who would win.

chica16
hmm... i'd say aragorn probably

Bad Grima
Legolas would win

billyboyd4ever
wow that is way too hard...but i guess i would agree w/mostly everyone else by saying that aragorn would definetly win close up, but far away it would probably be legolas, even though aragorn isnt bad w/a bow

ilvorlandobloom
y would Legolas and Aragorn fight anyways??
oh, well...i'll just say Legolas cuz he never misses when he shoots his arrows... and i just know hes the best... and i love him wink

chica16
let's just say if aragorn came at legolas to attack him... thousands of screaming young teenage girls (including myself) would out of instinct take aragorn out

undomiel
haha laughing out loud

iluvlotr!
Legolas would kick some serious Aragorn ass!!!

Nefertite
They would never fight! I can sure you for this.

must_kill_Santa
i want to say Legolas because he has swords too but i think Aragorn would win

Smllfry247
Legolas or Aragorn! hmmm well... i dunno becasue they both use swords and arrows so there is no way to tell except legolas is better with arrows and aragorn is better with the sword but the both are pretty good so it doesnt matter!

Smllfry247
sure? what the hell does that mean!? it doesnt make sense! anyhow the person meant if they do fight, dumb dumb! read the thread b4 you reply!

Nefertite
This is sensless question. Why does blackicedragoon ask this ? IF they would fight?They would never fight and IF you have nothing to say only vapour away then shut up!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bangin.gif

BOPRecruit 16
i'm rooting for aragorn to win!

P-NuT
ffs its just hypothetical posing question of who has greater fighting skills one on one.

Smllfry247
Cool Down! Yes it is a senseless questio because they would never fight but i think what he is trying to say is which one has better fighting skill which i have already explained!

fini
NOW NO offense u Little girls in here, BUT a REAL man such as Aragorn would kick that fairy elf's BUTT to valinor and back

undomiel
ok hes not a fairy elf

billyboyd4ever
yea no offense but i agree w/fini

billyboyd4ever
even tho i also agree w/undomiel cuz he's NOT A FAIRY!!

Blue Angel_08
u sure?

undomiel
what?

Smllfry247
he is a Elf! get it stait1 do you see wings!? nope!

fini
Argh i didn't mean that he is A Fairy with wings.......i meant as delicate as a fairy......hehehe
Aragorn would rule anyways

chica16
well he is awful close w/ gimli and they sail off together in the end hahaha j/k

Laviera_j
Legolas would because he has two elvish knives, and he can do all these wierd acrobat flip things!

fini
good grief !!!!!!!!!! wacko

Anarion
Err... ok onto the topic. I'm betting Aragorn would win. Lots of reasons why. No offence to those who 'love' Legolas (or love Orlando Bloom). But, I think Legolas just looks like he can measure up to Aragorn because of Orlando's portrayal of him. Aragorn would win because if Legolas did get seriously injured by Aragorn, chances are, he would die. (For example, that elf in the fight from TTT.) But, if Legolas did a bullseye on Aragorn, chances are, Aragorn can still kill Legolas before dying or he would eventually recover after that.

billyboyd4ever
yea it is kinda true....aragorn is of the men of numenor, which were the strongest, stoutest men ever, and i have a feeling that if legolas shot him, he would keep fighting, just as boromir did in FOTR. whereas a good blow from a sword can kill more quickly, because it takes a little time for the effect of an arrow to sink in

chica16
not if legolas shot him between the eyes

undomiel
haha laughing out loud

chica16
hahaha these people are talkin like legolas is gonna shoot an arrow in aragorn's finger or somethin... if he wants to kill him he'd go for the head

undomiel
ya
haha laughing out loud

silentfaf
Legolas would easily win lets c aragon is great wit sword suk at bow but rember legolas has hundered n hundreds of years experine and is very more skilled with his bow n knives then aragon is with his sword fact is leggy would wipe his a@@

Cleopatra
Good lord!

www.dictionary.com
Maybe that will help your spelling?

Aragorn#1
I agree Aragorn would kick his a$$!

sakura_lite
rit... Leggy would kick aragon's A$$ for sure!!!!!! i agree wit silentfaf
and if aragon did kill Leggy, tons of girl will NEVER forgive aragon ^^ plus i love Legolas!!!

Orli'sElf7
amen to that sakura..its a toughie tho...cause legolas is all elf magical and crap, hes very agile, and has awsome depth perception (vision basically lol), and aragorn's just good with a sword

CandyKoRn
Aragorn is sexy too..

But Legolas is single.. and and and.. he's an elf..

and aragorn has Arwen stick out tongue

So Legolas wins.

Orli'sElf7
hahaha yea hes not bad is he? for a guy his age? i like him better in the movie than real life tho...hes got blonde hair in real life and it looks WRONG

CandyKoRn
just plain WRONG, huh?

I think he has a look about him that just screams "i'm totally shaggable, baby"..

I'd do him any day..

Orli'sElf7
lol WITH the black hair rite? lol...i like the scruff look hahaha

johnnys#1 fan
if they were fighting with swords than aragorn would totally WIN!!!

Pippin Took
ok.... here is my opinion....

for the ppl who say they would never fight: i agree w/ you BUT what if sauron posessed one of them to turn on another? then they would fight to the death.

AND if that happened i think that it would take a long time to take eachother out, but the winner would be....

Aragorn

Aragorn#1
i agree.... power of the pony's!!, sorry ,very hyper, Aragorn rules! but still it would never happen, Aragorn and Legolas fighting

CandyKoRn
They've had their tiffs....

hehe

blackicedragoon
LoL good job guys Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

sakura_lite
it doesnt mean that Legolas doesnt hav the strenth to kick aragorn's a$$, i mean Legolas isnt a bit suckier that Aragorn. The way Legolas fight is... COOL!!! so wut if he s an elf (dunt calll him fairy elf!!!) elves hav advantages too.

CandyKoRn
mmmm....yeaaa....

Arwenishott
Aragon would win.and silentfaf, who said that aragon sucks with a bow, you've never seen his bow skills. And plus, if you're fightin to the death, ur not gonna fight long range, and Aragon would definetly be able to deflect legolas's arrows with his sword. He's the greatest sword fighter in MIddle Earth.

Danielle1983
Legolas could kick Aragorn's ass any day.

Greenleaf_luver
Hey Hey ya guys! Who do you think would win in a fight, though they would so not fight: Legolas or Aragorn. I think they would both get the crap beat out of each other... embarrasment

Dark_Lord1389
if it was long range Legolas would definitely win
sniper blowup

BloomBabyGirl
welll aragorn is ill skilled with a sword but legolas is skilled with his two swords AND he neva misses with an arrow so at the end legolas would probably win

ladygrim
i aint sure who would win but it would be a messy battle ...

BloomBabyGirl
maybe legolas would actually get a bruise this time

Inuyashasbro
i think that bth legolas and aragorn are hot! eek!

Manôkhâu
Melkor would kick Legolas ass to Mandos.
Oh, I mean, Aragorn would KILL Legolas with Anduril; and without, seeing as he was raised as an Elf-child himself, being trained for years by the Sons Peredhil (Elladan, and Elrohir).
Legolas would win if it was Boromir.
Now, again, I'd say Turin Turambar would kick both their asses to Mandos, in mere anger. cool

BloomBabyGirl
i dont think so. i really think legolas would win. legolas is so in nature im sure hed find a way to use it

Manôkhâu

BloomBabyGirl
well ya....

Darth Sauron
THey wouldnt fight

If the did, it would be stopped and gandalf would smash them both up

LittleGilraen
or put them in time-out. big grin

BloomBabyGirl
naw hell be like "you shall not fight*grurnt* YOU SHALL NOT FIGHT!"

love teh sig laughing out loud

LittleGilraen
Gandalf: do i have to separate you two? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Legolas: HE started it! *points to Aragorn*
Aragorn: he pinched me!! miffed

laughing

§pearhead
stimulating............

Aragorn's more versatile, so thrown into a random situation, I'd put my bets on him...

BloomBabyGirl
but then again....in teh movie legolas never got hurt shifty

Darth Sauron
Thats because orlando bloom acannot be touched or he cries and walks off the set stick out tongue

Exabyte
laughing laughing laughing !

Darth Sauron
eek! Sean astin did that

when andy serkis pulls the hobbits back in TT he pulled sams wig off.

And sam stormed away

LittleGilraen
well every1 has their bad days..... embarrasment even samwise...
and it MUST have hurt, cuz those wigs were GLUED ON!! OUCH!!! i wouldnt want some1 yankin' it off! miffed

Darth Sauron
I would simply bring gollums death scene forward stick out tongue

LittleGilraen
laughing laughing
yeah that would serve him right! laughing

Darth Sauron
big grinstick out tongue

Degenerate
Well,that is a wonderful idea~and a hard question

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Legolas Vs. Aragorn...thats like..one of the hardest things on earth to choose from.

immortal_sim
aragorn would win!!!

ladygrim
even tho legolas is fit as ... aragorn has more of a man good look about him ...

Hiriledain
Aragorn! No! Legolas! No..ARAGORN...Erm..Legolas? Cheh. I dunno.

Elessea
depends...if its teh book we are talking about, its a hard choice, but Aragorn is a little better. and he talks in 3rd person stick out tongue

but in the movies its 100% ARagon yes

Lord_Andres
if they are fighting close I'd say aragorn but if they are not so close legolas would win for sure he can't miss, so it depends on the distance

Nazgul lord
From a distance i think aragorn loose to legolas, but in close range the proverbial table would be turned.

eezy45
yesyes

Jackie Malfoy
Strider always been my favorite since I read the books.THe others will they are ok but Strider is the best.
and the actor who plays him is cute and handsome too.So I am going to vote Strider!
Legos would win through if they did fight mainly because a bow and arrow would shut faster then a sword.Now if only Strider had a gun?JM rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance laughing laughing out loud

Nazgul lord
Aragorn is cool but from a distabce legolas would own him, however in close range aragorn would kick ass!!!!!

drunk_nazgul
I think it depends on what they're fighting for. It would give either of them an edge. Say, if Aragorn were fighting for Arwen's life, he would definitely win.

Nazgul lord
i c what your saying but fighting for arwens life isnt going give him the ability to deflect arrows, anyway all this is ireletive (did i spell that right?) cause A: they would never fight, and B: because the nazul are the supreme daddy's of all. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Mandos
Aragorn and Legolas would never fight no matter what happened. Aragorn is very good with the sword, a great king of men and I would probably root for him... but let's not forget that Legolas is an elf who has been living for hundreds and hundreds of years, learning to fight all the time. I might dessapointe some of you guys, but Legolas would definitively have an advantage, long range or short range.

Darth Sauron
Aragorn stick out tongue

You saw how many arrows a man can take
three to kill Isildur
three or four (?) to kill Boromir

Mandos
If Aragorn was fighting for Arwen's life, they he would probably win, giving all he got to protect her, like you said. But he would die after because Legolas would have inflicted him too much damage. Did you see how he used his elvish blades in Moria in the first LotR: The fellowship of the ring?)

KillTheLight
yes

Mandos
What does it have to do with what I said?

Saizou185
One question? will they even fight for no reason?

Darth Sauron
Yes, i will shave 'Aragorn' in legolas' hair happy

Mandos
haha

LittleGilraen
i'v always liked Legolas better in the books. he was wise. in the movies, he's just a pretty face.
book: Legolas
movies: Aragorn
big grin

Tilien
Guess it would have to be Aragorn...

Telperaca
MOVIES AND BOOKS : ARAGORN!!

(IN the books he was okay!!)

Thrain
legolas totally beacuse legolas is actually a sword master more than a bow in an encyclopedia written bye J.R.R tolkien and if legolas is as good as he is in bow he must be better at sword...but to make it simple LEGOLAS BIOTCHES!

ohbloom
this is a cool thread
and i would vote for legolas

Darth Sauron
well, in the end
legolas kills aragorn
boromir kills legolas
gimli kills boromir
merry and pippin scream no and attack gimli
gimli kidnaps then and is killed by the rohirrim
the rohriim are killed by the balrog when they go to moria to kill more dwarves
balrog is my friend
balrog comes home
sauron rules the world

eezy45
thats the easy way.

Mandos
It would happen like this too!!! laughing out loud

Discos
ah you missed out the eagles, you better add the part into your story where the eagles destroy saurons forces and such shifty

marlenne
well, I've read most of the replies and in my opinion aragorn would win.
not only because I love him, but also because he's excellent brandishing the sword and he also has arrows. If legolas thew him one he could skip it like he did in the first film when defending Boromir from the ruthless uruk-hai that killed him.

knocturnal
In terms of leadership Aragon definitely takes the ticket because when he takes over for the final battle he ran first to fight then the others followed in terms of agility Legolas rules the way he killed that beast in return of the king (enough said) cool rock

FrothByte
Legolas all the way. He has had centuries more of training than aragorn and he's an elf... which means he has heightened reflexes and speed. Notice how acrobatic and seemingly invincible he is?

In the movie, legolas seemed like aragorn's hitman. Everytime a difficult opponent appears, aragorn tells legolas to take care of it (like that huge elephant for instance). That's because legolas is simply better.

Final Blaxican
He's not seemingly invincible OR athletic in the novels, which are canon while the movies aren't. Tolkein, the man who created the flippin LotR universe, stated that Legolas did the least fo the entire fellowship.

Aragorn destroys him.

Forum Ninja
We cannot assume Legolas was the worst because he accomplished the least.

Mairuzu
Can't assume anything. Maybe we'll never know.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Forum Ninja
We cannot assume Legolas was the worst because he accomplished the least.

In a debate that makes it defacto. Absence of proof is proof of absence until proven otherwise.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
He's not seemingly invincible OR athletic in the novels, which are canon while the movies aren't. Tolkein, the man who created the flippin LotR universe, stated that Legolas did the least fo the entire fellowship.

Aragorn destroys him.

yes he was described as being incredibly athletic and agile in the books. he was described as being able to run on top of snow, while everyone else had to sludge through it (describing his light footedness). Aragorn had asked him to take a look at a dark cloud, which legolas then stated was a flock of crows... giving proof to his heightened senses.

There were a lot of other examples that tolkien described his feats, but I'm on vacation right now and i don't have access to my book collection, by I can guarantee you that legolas's heightened reflexes and athleticism was described time and again in the books. He was never injured in the entire 3 books (which makes him seemingly invincible), although if my memory serves me right neither was aragorn or gimli for that matter.

Besides, you say that tokien said that "legolas did the least for the entire fellowship".... proof please?

Morgromir
even at range aragorn would have a chance his reactions are excellent i think the elf would death would aragorn but than hed finish him in close

Morgromir
Originally posted by Morgromir
even at range aragorn would have a chance his reactions are excellent i think the elf would death wound aragorn but than hed finish him in close

Darth Martin
Nah. Legolas defeats Aragorn up close or at a distance.

Ms.Marvel
movie legolas would kill anyone hes awesome. in the books though he was useless and didnt really do anything.

also viggo mortenson > orlando bloom.

XanatosForever
This thread gives me the brain pain...>.<

Joshua1277
Well Legolas being elf and probally faster then normal human will probally run off then shoot him with and arrow

Hewhoknowsall
Movie Legolas stomps.

Aragorn moves towards Legolas, Legolas pulls out his bow and shoot Aragorn in the face. The end.

XanatosForever
...If Legolas didn't have his bow out before Aragorn was on the move, he'd be cleaved through. no expression

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by XanatosForever
...If Legolas didn't have his bow out before Aragorn was on the move, he'd be cleaved through. no expression

Legolas having very fast reflexes can pull out his bow/arrow faster than Aragorn can draw his sword, run to him and chop his head off.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Movie Legolas stomps.

Aragorn moves towards Legolas, Legolas pulls out his bow and shoot Aragorn in the face. The end.

This post makes it out that Aragorn already has weapon in hand, and Legolas may have fast reflexes, but he would still need time to remove the bow from its attachments, make sure the string it firm, then grab an arrow and nock it. In all that time, Aragorn would have moved into attack range and chopped him.

\\S//
Legalos.

Tattoos N Scars
Legolas ftw

FrothByte
Originally posted by XanatosForever
This post makes it out that Aragorn already has weapon in hand, and Legolas may have fast reflexes, but he would still need time to remove the bow from its attachments, make sure the string it firm, then grab an arrow and nock it. In all that time, Aragorn would have moved into attack range and chopped him.

You act as if Legolas is defenseless at close range. Legolas was pretty darn good at close combat as well.

ares834
Aragorn cuts the elf down.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ares834
If non-warrior Dwarves can block arrows, Aragorn sure as hell can.

Aragorn FTW.

Not arrows shot by Legolas though. And if Aragorn at times have trouble fighting orcs in h2h, then he'll definitely have a harder time fighting an elf.

ares834
I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

And Aragorn demolishes Legolas in swordplay.

FrothByte
I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

And Aragorn demolishes Legolas in swordplay.

Legolas doesn't use swords, he dual wields fighting knives. Plus, how would you know that Aragorn is better at sword play? Legolas has been fighting and training longer than Aragorn.

Plus although Aragorn has gone up against more accomplished opponents (like Lurtz and the Nazgul) he's also been in trouble more (against Lurtz and when he fell off the cliff). Legolas, among all the fellowship, is the only one who went through the entire 3 movies without ever being in a dire situation. He has breezed through every single fight, dealing with his opponents quickly and efficiently.

Aragorn has taken hits. Legolas wasn't hit a single time in the entire 3 movies.

Lestov16
I think Legolas is better. I don't think Aragorn could have replicated the Oliphaunt feat.

Zack Fair
Aragorn.

Beard > Pretty boy

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
I think Legolas is better. I don't think Aragorn could have replicated the Oliphaunt feat.

Yes. I could more easily picture Legolas doing Aragorn's feats than the reverse.

Take on Lurtz? Definitely. Fight off a couple of Nazgul? Harder, but still possible.

But if we make Aragorn do Legolas's feats:

Singlehandedly take down that giant war elephant? I can't picture it.
Nevermind all the moneyshots Legolas does or skateboarding on a shield.

ares834
Originally posted by FrothByte
Legolas doesn't use swords, he dual wields fighting knives. Plus, how would you know that Aragorn is better at sword play? Legolas has been fighting and training longer than Aragorn.

Cool. Aragorn has better far feats when it comes to swordplay. If the battles comes down to melee Legolas gets destroyed.

Plus although Aragorn has gone up against more accomplished opponents (like Lurtz and the Nazgul) he's also been in trouble more (against Lurtz and when he fell off the cliff). Legolas, among all the fellowship, is the only one who went through the entire 3 movies without ever being in a dire situation. He has breezed through every single fight, dealing with his opponents quickly and efficiently.

Aragorn has taken hits. Legolas wasn't hit a single time in the entire 3 movies.

Legolas wasn't hit because he is primarily an archer... He typically stands back and shoot arrows. Aragorn, by contrast, gets into melee fighting with the orcs. Plus he battles far more skilled opponents.

Originally posted by Lestov16

He couldn't. But that doesn't mean he is inferior in combat.

COG Veteran
Aragorn prolly takes an arrow thru the eye. H2H would be even but Legolas has the speed and coordination so i'd say that he leaves the king in a shallow grave.

FrothByte
Cool. Aragorn has better far feats when it comes to swordplay. If the battles comes down to melee Legolas gets destroyed.

Legolas wasn't hit because he is primarily an archer... He typically stands back and shoot arrows. Aragorn, by contrast, gets into melee fighting with the orcs. Plus he battles far more skilled opponents.

He couldn't. But that doesn't mean he is inferior in combat.

Aragorn has MORE feats of swordplay, but they're not FAR better. Other than the fight against the Nazgul, what great swordsplay feats does Aragorn have that show him completely outclassing Legolas? Legolas has some decent melee battles himself, at least similar to what Aragorn has shown.

Plus even IF Aragorn is a better sword fighter (and that's an IF) there's no questioning that Legolas is just faster and more agile, as well as being older.

Then on top of all that, Aragorn still has to get through Legolas's bow. Unless they're starting at very close distance, Legolas can shoot his arrows, and even if they did get to close distance, Legolas

1. Is capable enough in close combat
2. Is agile and fast enough to create distance and start shooting again.

KingD19
The speed at which Legolas launches his arrows and the number he can fire in a short time are probably more than Aragorn can deal with before he closes the distance.

ares834
Aragorn has MORE feats of swordplay, but they're not FAR better. Other than the fight against the Nazgul, what great swordsplay feats does Aragorn have that show him completely outclassing Legolas? Legolas has some decent melee battles himself, at least similar to what Aragorn has shown.

No, he hasn't. Aragorn has fought the Nazgul, Lurtz, cut down dozens of Uruks and orcs at a time, nearly matched a troll blow for blow, etc...

Plus even IF Aragorn is a better sword fighter (and that's an IF) there's no questioning that Legolas is just faster and more agile, as well as being older.

There is no "if". Aragorn blows Legolas away when it comes to sword play. It's not even close.

Legolas will need to rely on his bow to win this. If it gets to swordplay the fight Aragorn has the battle in the bag.

KingD19
Keep in mind Legolas is pretty much faster than everyone Aragorn has ever fought, immensely skilled, and while not as strong, still pretty damn strong since he's an elf. He's no pushover.

ares834
He still will get annihilated if it comes to swordplay. He just doesn't have the feats to suggest he can even keep up.

FrothByte
No, he hasn't. Aragorn has fought the Nazgul, Lurtz, cut down dozens of Uruks and orcs at a time, nearly matched a troll blow for blow, etc...

There is no "if". Aragorn blows Legolas away when it comes to sword play. It's not even close.

Legolas will need to rely on his bow to win this. If it gets to swordplay the fight Aragorn has the battle in the bag.

Aragorn has fought the Nazgul, didn't defeat them but drove them off. Yes, that's an impressive feat. Fought Lurtz, how exactly does that show him being an impressive swordsman? Lurtz didn't show impressive skill asides from being just immensely strong. Aragorn cut down dozens or Uruks and orcs, so has Legolas. Aragorn used his sword, Legolas used a combination of his bow, knives, and even used arrows in melee. All of them cut down orcs and uruks, even Gimli. Nothing special there. Aragorn fought a troll (though I don't remember him fighting it blow for blow) and Legolas took down a mumakil singelhandedly.

So again, asides from the Nazgul feat, what exactly makes Aragorn such a superior fighter to Legolas? And you're still not addressing the fact that Aragorn needs to close distance before he can fight, while Legolas can just pick him off with shots while he closes in.

ares834
I'm not arguing that Aragorn is the superior combatant (although he is) but rather that Aragorn destroys Legolas when it come to swordplay.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>