who likes golf?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blackicedragoon
Does anyone here like to play golf cause i love golf!!! If you do, do you know how far you can drive?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif

diegocala
Oh, I LOVE to play golf...I have been playing since I was a teenager! I live in the Golf city...Phoenix Arizona...we have over 300 courses to choose from! And you can play eveyday of the year almost...give or take a week

blackicedragoon
SWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!! ive never been to arizona i gotta go there sometime.

mechmoggy
I play once in a while but to be perfectly honest, I'm crap at the game.

Its just an excuse to have a day out with my mates.

SpikeSpiegel
I played it for a year at school, but i haven't played in atleast 6 months. Maybe i'll take it up as a hobby sometime.

diegocala
Sweet is the word! Out here it is really hot, but they have girls (also hot) that drive around in carts selling refreshments...

mmmmm refreshments!

bigbadbike2
Golf is the most difficult game ever. I am horrible at it. I do respect those that are good at it though. How did you guys get started playing consistantly.

diegocala
My Dad is WAY into it and forced it upon me at an early age. I do thank him for that now though.
I also played on the High School golf team

mechmoggy
First time I played was with some freinds at a local park (not a proper golf course), I turned up and there was 4 of us and two 24 packs of lager.

Our driving practice became increasingly worse as the afternoon progressed. Bloody good fun though. wink

LilMimister006
*plays golf* *swings* *club goes flying*

...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/dontgetit.gif

happy kine
i love the cart lady peddling beer... mmmmm beer. first hole i'm just hot and can't hit... by 9 i'm drunk and breaking windows and the game seems soooo much more fun.

BackFire349
playing its pretty fun. watching it is horrible. like watching the grass grow.

blackicedragoon
Yea my family got me into it so i started and i thank them cause its AWESOME!!!

I took golf lessons and these kids that didnt know the first thing about gold were there one of the clubs slipped out of the kids hand and it hit me on the FRIKKIN HEAD!!!

bigbadbike2
Okay there is a group of guys playing golf. One of them steps up to tee off on the 18th hole. Well as he gets set up he notices a funeral procession(sp). He stops. Takes his cap and with his right hand covers his heart, and waits until all the vehicles in the line pass. After that he continues on playing. One of his golfing buddies says "That was really great what you did there." To this he replies, "Yeah, she was a good wife"

Heehee.

diegocala
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

blackicedragoon
laughing out loud laughing out loud LoL!

cermiestar
golf is BRILLIANT! i play with my dad and my brother a lot.
What's everyone's handicap?

Baylin
My handicap - I cant play! See Mimi last post that like me!
My brothers a keen golfer and took me to play once, I had a whale of a time, I cant understand why he never took me again sad

ChinaNiki
Have never played golf. Play lots of mini-golf wink

Tired Hiker
I only play Disc Golf. If you play normal golf, you would probably love disc golf. Most of my friends who play normal golf end up loving disc golf and rarely go back. It's like a lot of skiers who try snowboarding and end up selling their skis to buy a snowboard. Disc Golf is more eco' friendly and that type of thing is a big deal in my parts. If you don't know about it, it's cool. The discs aren't like Frisbees, they are specially designed and DGAA Approved. The discs are smaller and heavier than Frisbees. You can buy discs that are drivers, mid-range, and putters, just like golf. Score keeping is the same as golf. The courses are all free and consist of metal chain baskets instead of holes in the ground. Santa Cruz California has one of the best courses in the world for disc golf at De Le Veaga.

blackicedragoon
yea, ive played disc gold its alright i guess

diegocala
We have several of those courses her as well, played last year for the first time

Metroplex
Its really boring to watch poeple play golf. But its really fun to actually play it.

diegocala
Agreed!

Corran
I've recently taken up golf, I have played 3 times now and I have gotten 1 par aleady.

diegocala
Keep it up Corran, it is a game that you can enjoy for the rest of your life, it is a very relaxing sport once you get the hang of it, and you seem to be on your way

Corran
Cheers, will do. I am playing again on Friday.

SpikeSpiegel
I've only ever played on a driving range, but that was fun.

KidRock
I like MINI GOLF! wink

happy kine
disk golf is fun and cheap. regular golf is expensive and elitist... although that is changing... just to annoy the old duffers i like to leave big shoe prints and draw funny things in the sand pit... i once crashed into some guys cart. my cart the front right tire bent in causing me to bail the course in a hurry... i lived near by so i just hopped over a neighbors fence and scurried home in a hurry.

Corran
You use carts, isn't that Elitist and a tad lazy?

happy kine
yes but it was the cheap college course and i had a free coupon for the cart. as a matter of fact it was the only time i used a cart. and i'm much more then a tad lazy... i'm full on lazy. after i rest i usually need to take a nap to recover from resting.

bigbadbike2
Another Joke.

There is this married couple playing golf. As the man tees off something distracts him and he slices way right, over into the front yard of a house sitting beside the course. Well after his wife finishes teeing off they go to find his golf ball. When they reach the ball his wife suggests he take a drop shot. Noticing that that the windows in the house were opens he lloks through the house and he can see exactly were he needs to send the ball down the fairway. He looks to his wife and says, " I think I can make it through the windows and out the other side of the house and avoid having to make a drop shot. She says, "No I thin you should just take the penalty." He replies back, "I can do this". So he lines up aiming through the windows down the fairway and swings. The ball slings forward toward the opening, but goes slightly low and ricocheted back and hits his wife in the temple killing her instantly.

3 years later...

That same man and his new girlfriend are out playing golf when something distracts him and he knocks his ball in front of the same house. The windows of this house are open again, so his girlfriend suggests he try to hit it through the open windows of the house. The man immediatly responds with a strong, "No", he says, "something bad happened the last time I tryed that." His girlfriend filled with curiosity questions, "What happened?" He sadly responds, "I made a triple bogie."

blackicedragoon
Golf carts are the way to go when your playing golf. Disc golf may be cheaper but its preety boring compared to golf.

Tired Hiker
I disagree. There are plenty of ways to have a good time on the disc golf course. Most of the places I disc golf you couldn't drive a golf cart because of the rugged terrain. Also, there are less crowds and less waiting for your turn on a hole. Sitting around waiting in a little golf cart sounds boring to me.

happy kine
i tend to agree with you tired hiker... golf is on a mowed course and its full of crabby old men, while disk golf is usually canopied by trees and it in the shade and if you actually stumble upon fellow disk golfers you can usually take a time out for a burn session. i think the thing i dislike the most about golf is the people that play a lot take it way too serious... but whatever i do have some respect for the difficulty of the game.

Tired Hiker
Yes, I don't dislike regular golf, I just don't jive with most people who play it. It's like anything new or different to them is a threat so they have to talk down to it or make fun of it. Regular golfers are way too serious, not all of them, just in general. I loved in Jackass the movie when they would sound the bull horn right as people tee'd off, scaring them and making them screw up. They'd get all pissed an throw their golf clubs at Johnny Knocksville and his cohort. That was laughs! A disc golfer would have been like, "That bull horn is pretty funny man. Wanna smoke a bowl?" Fort Ord in Marina, California has the best burn session spots. The disc golf course is surrounded by abandoned bunkers from when the base was active. Some of the bunkers are unlocked and you can sit in them and do your thing.

happy kine
amen... you sound like some of the disk golfers i meet when i play. here in florida we have lots of rain forest like jungle/swamps with a good canopy of trees and they are in the middle of nowhere... so we just do our "thing" while playing. as homer would say "woo hoo"

cermiestar
my daddy owns a golf cart big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.