OK..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Mercenary
After EJ is out, am I on the council? You said I was next in line.

Raz
Ummm, no I didn't.
To become a JC Member is by invitation only.

Jedi Mercenary
But, that's what UBH said.

Ushgarak
Do you seek invitations, or wait for them to come your way? I'm planning to stick around here for quite a while...

Ratcat
OK, as thew newest member of the JC I guess I can explain this.

A list of nominees is formulated. Not sure how that bit works but once all the nominees are in a vote is held and the person with most votes is then brought into the JC.

Generally, if you ask then it's like the old saying.

Those who ask don't tend to get. Obviously the JC needs reguar and committed posters well.

I'm sure Raz or Dim can add to this, but that was my experience.

Dim
Well, I think you covered it... Members are voted in by the council, not handpicked by Raz. (that's how he set it up smile )

queeq
Do the nominees have a say in this? Or are they forced to join? laughing out loud

Ratcat
Interesting question. I can only speak for my experience which was that I was not aware that I was being voted on, or who the other nominees were until I recieved an email from Raz to inform me on my success.

Of course, I then spent 3 hours trawling the JC to see who I'd been up against and catching upm on all the other stuff... None of which I can reveal here I'm afraid. laughing out loud

Gundark
Here's Gundark, stomping into the suggestions forum...laughing out loud

First of all, glad to hear you're gonna be around for awhile, Ush. Always nice to have another regular regular. smile

If JC has any good recipes in there, RC, I'll get them out of you one way or another ! laughing out loud

And finally, Merc....It sounds to me the way Raz has JC set up is fair and square. Voting is the fairest way to admit new council members. IMHO OC. smile

Ratcat
Hmmmm, recipes for disaster maybe. That should suit you and queeqy right down to the ground.laughing out loud

queeq
Nope, those recipes we can make ourselves pretty well. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I don't understand how you lose the regulars, especially as speculation can only get better as the film approaches... people, eh? Just what was it with Merc and Evil Jedi? I mean, they were such high-flyers when I first joined up! I guess it's true what they say about heroes...

I can trawl around my friends to try and get some more regulars in. That is alright, sin't it? The more the merrier, I guess.

Incidentally, is anyone else worried that the GDF will soon have more posts than the Eps 2 and 3 forum? Perhaps some suggestions for making the main forum more vibrant would be a good idea.

Ratcat
I think the GDF has more posts because, as in life, Star wars is not the only thing people talk about.

As for Merc and EJ, I would suggest that you don't touch that one with a 10 mfoot poll. Too many bad vibes in there all together.

queeq
I have a suggestion to make the Ep2/3 forum more vibrant. But it's for GL: GIVE US MORE SPOILERS AND MORE PICS! laughing out loud

Dim
I do think we need to pick it up in the EP2&3 forum...not that I'm the best at paying attention laughing out loud

Ratcat
Never a truer word was said....

Ushgarak
ALl I know is that when I kicked off here, the Ep 2&3 forum was much larger than GDF. Now they are almost the same size, and GDF is growing far more rapidly. Balance has been lost... thought for better or worse I cannot tell.

queeq
Thanks for the balance compliment, I try harder. laughing out loud

JediOasis
Okay....back to the whole issue of how the JC is selected. I was just wondering if its just number of posts that are considered? That just seems to be the way it goes. Or is it quality of posts and do you have to be a Master? Does time spent here get considered? Just cause I have been here in one form or another since September just under the name Jedimaster3838 and I had nearly 500 or so posts. And while, I am not taking anything away from Queeq and Gundark I was just curious smile Anyhoo, any answers would be nice. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.