Spidey vs Spider girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DBZFan
Who do you think will win?I'll go with Spidey.

Metroplex
spidey girl has more powers than her father, but Spiderman has more fighting experience than her daughteher so spiderman

DBZFan
Ya,but younger people have better reflexes so there is a slight chance of spider girl winning.

BOPRecruit 16
spider-man has the strength, knowledge, and speed, so i'd think he'd win. spider girl inherited most of his qualities, but not his stregth. i haven't read the spider-girl comics, so i don't know much about the daughter.

KidRock
since when does spiderman have a daughter??? ooo its probley just in the comics right?

DBZFan
I dont know I only read one comic with her I'm sure she is like Bat Girl.

DemonicGambit
Um...why would he fight his daughter? I mean I could see them not getting along, because they don't. But actually slugging it out? I don't know...

But if I must choose...I'd go with Spidey. No way he'd let his daughter kick his butt. Then she'd think she can get away with ever she wants. And that's not good disipline techniques laughing

DBZFan
Okay,pretend she comes home drunk.....No wait under control of an villian,and challenges her dad to a fight,and smacks him,now do you know what i mean?

DemonicGambit
But MJ wouldn't let her only daughter and her husband fight each other. And in the issue I saw, MJ is pretty much calling the shots over Peter.

But if they do I'd still go with Spidey...unless this villian that took her over, gave her like invincibility

DBZFan
No,pretend dock ock did it,and he did not know how to have invinsabilaty.

DemonicGambit
Then I'd still go with Spidey, but maybe I just don't like his daughter. She did seem very bratty in the comic

Metroplex
Spider man was aout to have a daughter, but it think Norma Osbourne food poisoned MAry JAne and the baby died. Spider Girl is actually taken place in the future in a possible reality where his daughther was still alive.

DemonicGambit
Oh, then okay....

So see!! Spidergirl can't kick Spidey's butt!!! Yay!

DBZFan
Oh?I am still going with Spidey!!! rock evil face

gambit88
ok are you talking both in their prime or her timeline where peter's missing a leg or his time line where she isn't there?

but if both in their prime she would get beat so freakin fast she woudn't know what happened.spideys stronger spider girl is as fast as him but not faster so spidey would crush her.

carnage713
i dont think they wud ever fite but spidy is the origional he has experience and i like him waayyyy better

NYCGUY
Actually, they did face off in the Spider-Girl series...except it was an alternate reality Spidey who actually was a villain. He was in his prime, and although he was stronger, he still lost...although technically, he was still standing when the other heroes attacked and beat him for her.

Still, he was pretty much out though he was ready to keep fighting, Spidergirl would've taken him out pretty solidly. Her "sticking/repellant" powers made the difference, plus she was faster/more agile which even Spiderman admitted during the fight.

Though Spidey is a little stronger and more experienced, his daughter actually has more fighting spirit and seems to take a lot more punishment and keep on ticking against all odds...SO, I think Spidergirl would win in any case!

VENOMfan
it's a tought call..........

Spiderman can take Scarlet Spider
Scarlet Spider beat Venom
Venom can take Spiderman
Spiderman "should" be able to take Spidey 2099*
Spidey 2099 went toe to toe with Venom

I guess it's up to the writer with such evenly matched opponents

*Spidersense beats enhanced vision in my book

Red Superfly
Sorry, but Spider-Girl is awful.

She's just a "ooh lets take the original (spiderman) and make it a girl, but she has more powers, therefore shes better" - oh come on. That's bad storytelling at the expense of the original superhero (he has limits for good reasons people - storytelling). Spider-girl is another superhero added to an expanding list of "improved/better/overpowered" superheroes from this day and age.

And the fact that Spider-man was a villain when Spidergirl faced him means it has no bearring on what THE spider-man would do.

PS Spider-girl sucks. Sorry. Opinion.

NYCGUY
Well, whether you like her or not, she is one of those "overpowered" rewrites of the original, and that's why she's able to beat the original Spidey, who I agree, is the better character by far!! Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that based on the proof so far, daughter beats father in a family squabble.

Red Superfly
Admittedly - you are right.

Man, I hate this stuff. I'd rather see independant female super-heroes.

I hate things like Spiderwoman, Spider Girl, Spider Boy, Bat girl, Super girl etc etc. They are rubbish and are usually written with superior powers to their male counter parts - just to gather attention, it's an editorial cop-out of the highest order.

We need to see characters that do not detract from their male-counterparts, and we definitely need to see more super-heroines that are unique. Wonder Woman is the only hero I can think of that is her own unique character, and is famous enough to go against the big boys.

Rogue, Storm, and Phoenix (to name a few) from the X-Men are also brilliant independant characters in their own right too.

The sooner writers quit trying to cash in on their biggest licences, and start creating some true super-heroines, nobody is going to benefit.

Spider-girl will always be compared to Spider-man, and vice versa - why don't comic writers understand that they need to quit diluting their license with weak vraitions on the same idea? It may be great short-term, but long term you damage the character (look how Batgirl ended up because of it - they decided to actually write a decent character for her once people started losing all interest).

But yeah, I hate to admit it, but Spider-girl can beat Spider-man on paper - but I bet that if it came down to it the writers would script Spiderman to win every time. Why? Because could you imagine the backlash of angry Spiderman fans if Spidergirl killed the original? That's why in the land of comic books, writers would never allow for Spider-girl to kill off THE Spider-man. Spider-man is invincible, and if he does die, he won't die for long.

VENOMfan
yup crap likes this paves the way for characters like.......

Wolverwoman!

Pred@tor
What? I think it sounds pretty cool.

Austinzilla
or not?? shes just like peter! has all of the same powers! nothing even close to batgirl

Austinzilla
yeah he should because spiderman 2099 doesnt have many "spider-like" powers...or a spider sense

X5452
spider-girl isnt bad i mean it takes place in the mc2 universe and they can't have every thing spiderman (cos he;s got too many of his own titles.) the series is pretty good though it is annoying how they recreate all the charecters....
((-felicity hardy... scarlet spider
-ben reilly's son ... darkdevil (with DD 's soul...)
-electra... new elektra
-normie osborn ... green goblin
-brenda draco...raptor (vulture).......))

also spider girl did fight against her dad when the symbiote over took him again.....

VENOMfan
It would be differnt If she wasnt made up to be superior to her father.

Thats what really turns most fans off, kinda like the new Venom has a female host. nothing wrong with that just dont try and one up the guy(or gal) who came before you.

If she would have faced her dad and had trouble or at least stalemated then it would make sense. were talking about the guy who beat a exact duplacate of himself (Scarlet Spider)who packed better weaponry and he admits he's out matched? C'mon he took on firelord for crying out loud!

other than that I dont have a problem with alternate universe's Mc2 or Ultimate.

Red Superfly
Yes I agree.

I wouldn't be b*tching about Spider-girl if she was Spider-mans equal, in that she got a VARIANT of his powers, meaning she gets new powers, but lets say some of the others "skip a generation".

For instance, Spider-girl can grow extra limbs, Spider-man can't (willfully).

They could have Spider-man keep in balance by being stronger. Spider-girl is faster, Peter is stronger.

Spider girl doesn't get a Spider-sense, Spider-man does. Spider-gril gets organic webbing instead.

They need to keep the characters in balance. The fact that Spider-girl can do everything that Spider-man can do but better, is INCREDIBLY LAME, and it's no fun at all. Look at Batman and Nightwng on how to make a great character out of the more popular ones shadow brilliantly.

NYCGUY
OK, I pretty much agree with everything said...except, I sort of think Spidergirl isn't as lame as we've described her to be...if she was the original, we might be saying "who the hell is this loser-wimp-wannabe?" about Peter. (Of course, back in the day, female heros weren't as common.)

What IS cool about her is her attitude! I don't think her powers give her much of an edge on Spidey. She's definitely faster and has an extra power, BUT Spidey is at least as strong and a lot more experienced, so on paper, they are very close. What gives her the edge is she's not afraid to hold back--she doesn't pull her punches. That's what would help her send Spidey into dreamland at the end of the day.

What does stink about her is her writers! They have just recreated all her father's foes and storylines. I mean, here's an opportunity for new villains and new writing, but what do they do? They recreate the Vulture, and Doc Oc, etc...except they make them female. Not much of a twist! Granted, there should be some carryover from her dad's legacy, but this is overkill.

As for female heroes in the comics...I'd hate to see a war of the sexes ala War of the Worlds..cause I think the women would clean house...at least in Marvel. Writers seem to have tried to compensate for the past by creating much more powerful female characters. For example, Jean, Storm, and Rogue would take out all of the X-men in a flash. Even in DC...Wonderwoman has beaten Superman...and not with Kryptonite like Batman always does.

So, I guess maybe we just need to demand that these wirters just need to stop trying to overcompensate and treat the female (and all new) characters with creativity and originality.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Just put the parental lock on her e-mail account and the TV. Advantage: Spider-Man.

X5452
i like spidergirl cos she still gets into so much trouble even though she has more powers than her father, but I agree recreating villians is lame

hotsauce6548
i think Spider-Man would win in that fight thumb up

Jackie Malfoy
Spriderman.But they both die it is no big loss to me.(The chactors not the members on this site)jm

Gen-117
they start fighting, Venom kills them both big grin stick out tongue

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Gen-117
they start fighting, Venom kills them both big grin stick out tongue

Yeah Venom could beat them both. smile Spider-man has the experience factor I have to give this fight to him. I think he is also smarter being a chemistry major and all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.