The People-o-metre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Ok, how exactlydoes that 'People currently on-line' counter work? Why do half the people NEVER show up on it? Gundark, Keo and Zereil are all posters that never appoear as far as I'm concerned.

Gundark
It seems like sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. Whats the story, Raz ?

Raz
Thats weirds, because I have seen you guys on in it, including Gundark.

What must be happening is, that your browser is probably caching the first view, and not updating it after that.

I'll put it a little command to tell your browser not to cache it. Hopefully this should help.

Gundark
Ahem, yes, thats exactly what I thought too. laughing out loud

All bow to the great and powerful Raz ! smile

Ratcat
Didn't I see somewhere that queeq thought he saw me online during the middle of my vacation. THAT is odd cos we couldn't find any internet access anywhere.

I think caching is definately an issue there.

Shattered Knight
Itd eosnt een show up at all when I use NN, but its there when I use IE

Raz
The reason that it won't show up in Netscape is because it makes use of IFRAMES, something Netscape doesn't support, but IE does.
About 90% of users have IE, so its not really a big problem.
I was thinking about using the JavaScript version, but that slows the loading of pages...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.