Slow... slooow.. slooooooowwwww

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
When I come online and there's more than 3 people on the board, this place slows up big time. I check other sites to see if it's my connection, but they all work fine. Any ideas how to fix it?

Raz
You might have noticed it says pub67.ezboard.com instead of pub5.ezboard.com, this is the temporary URL while the servers are being upgraded. I'm sure the speed will pick up once its completed.
BTW, don't change your bookmarks to the new URL, keep them the same!

queeq
Yes, my Master.

queeq
It's happening again Raz. This place is super super slow again. It sometimes takes almost ten minutes to load a page, read it and post a reply. And again, out of all the sites I visit on a regular basis, this is the only one that is sooooo slow at times. In the morning it seems okay, but when others come online, the spice flow stops.

Raz
I know I've noticed the problem as well, but it seems to have speeded up, at the time of writing.
EZboard have said that they are having trouble with their ISP and are changing some of the routers to help with the speed.

queeq
Yes I read that last night, when it finally and after a lot of waiting came up.
But until last night it was still pretty bad, it seems okay this morning (i.e. March 2).

Raz
Unfortunately after a good spell of brilliant speed, it died on me completely yesterday sad
The speed has picked up today, lets hope is stays that way!

queeq
So it seems I'm not the only one. That's comforting. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
It never loaded the message from EZboard about the problems, despite several tries, nor could I load this thread to see if it was a general problem.

Is there any chance, in future,that you can put a message on the main site saying if the forums are in trouble? SO I know it's not just me? Because if because of the problems I can't read the message saying there's a problem, it's all a bit silly...

queeq
Good idea. It took me two days before I could very slowly get it up myself.

Ratcat
So you both knew there was problme! laughing out loud

queeq
Yes, about a few hourse before it was finally solved, thank you.

Ratcat
Well stop complaining then. laughing out loud

queeq
I was complaining about the slowness, thank you very much. Pay attention, RC!

Ushgarak
I was saying that I didn't know if there was a general problem or if it was just me. Of course I knew there WAS a problem!

Ratcat
Oh, this is just tooooooooooo easy. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
And I thought this was a serious forum.

Ratcat
Hey, I'm being serious.

ANyway, looks like ezboard have the problme solved now.

Dim
Yeah..for now, everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Raz
The problems occured because they were swapping ISP's but all thats over now. It should be a smooth ride from now on cool

queeq
It's happening again, Master Raz. Slownesssssssssssssssssssss....

Dim
It's not the computer..it's you laughing out loud

queeq
You wish. No. I test it with other sites and they work fine. It's better now, but sometimes it's really bad.

Dim
Okay...now the pages aren't showing that they've been updated.

Ratcat
I think that's you. I've had no problems for weeks.

queeq
I'm doing pretty okay the last few days as well. But this place is funny sometimes and I don't mean me. laughing out loud

Raz
Dim, the problem may be with your cache. If you're using MSIE then do the following to always get a fresh page:

Tools->Internet Options->Settings->
Set "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to "Every visit to the page".

Thank might help smile

BTW dim, wheres you sig gone?
If you need it hosting send it to me, and I'll put it up for you.

Dim
Okay...I'll send it to you when I get back..errr...and I would check my settings...but nnow my monitor's on the fritz...so..I have to get it going after I get back...

I hate computers.mad

Edna witch
I get a problem with it being slow all the time only it has nothing to do with how many people are online. I think it may be my internet connection.

queeq
It happens sometimes. I have the same, but not on any of the other sites I regularly visit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.