Columbo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lt.Columbo
Hey! Does any1 watch Columbo besides me?! It's Brill! Just saw one a a few seconds ago! It was called "Columbo Cries Wolf".

Kes
Is that a tv sereis?

diegocala
That guy on Law and Order CI, is trying to act just like Columbo, he is a stretch, I hate him, but LOVE Columbo!

Kes
Is it a tv sereis or a movie?

diegocala
Yes a Detective series, that turned into made for TV movies, so it's really both...The show is from the 70's early 80's

Kes
Ok thanks.

Walter Simard
I'm one that does watch the Columbo TV movies on the American cable network A&E.

Lt.Columbo
It's on every saturday(I think) here. It's very good!

Walter Simard
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Columbo were always serial TV movies. Anyways, the last one was Columbo: Columbo Likes the Nightlife (2003).

BondJamesBond
Ok, you're wrong.
It ran for 11 seasons starting in 1971

Walter Simard
http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/contrib/blackeye/double0smile.gif - Sorry Mr. Bond, but according to IMDb, as early as 1971 Peter Falk always starred as Columbo in TV movies only. I'd post the link, but this site won't allow it. And so if you cannot provide proof that Columbo was a 30 minutes or 1 hour weekly TV series, I'd say that you, Mr. Bond are wrong, and must die. Yes, Mr. Bond, DIE!!! - Goodbye, Mr. Bond, muhahaha!!!

Lt.Columbo
The first ever Columbo was not a Columbo, but a tv movie called Perscription: Murder and Peter Falk was Columbo in it. It was a hit, and they then decided to make a series out of (The first episode starring William Shatner as the killer). They stopped making them in 1979(I think) and then it made a return in 1989 and has been shown ever since! And it's not fare! Columbo likes the Nightlife has still not been shown here!

Lt.Columbo
Oh Yeah, it did run for 11 seasons, but there were also a lot of specials, check out : welcome.to/columbo

Walter Simard
Yes Lieutenant, I did check out the site, and it confirms what I said all along. The first Columbo season for example contained only 7 episodes as to compared to a typical series that runs over 20 episodes. And I did check the lenghts, they're pretty much around the 90 minutes, and that's plenty for a 2 hour TV movie.

Here's another reliable source, it repeats basically the same Columbo listing: Peter Falk's IMDb Webpage.

Lt.Columbo
Cool Thanx!

diegocala
Walter, you are reading that wrong, those are tv shows not made for TV movies...not trying to bash you but I used to watch those.
Granted by the 80's they turned into TV movies, I can prove it if you want

diegocala
What?? Show me one TV series that had that many episodes per season in the late 60's

Lt.Columbo
Look, Columbo has always ben at least an hour long, Hasent it?

diegocala
yeeah?

Walter Simard
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/dev.gif - Sorry Diegocala, but you are the one that's wrong, and for that you must die in a fiery pit of hell - MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Like I mentioned in my initial reply, Columbo episodes were serial TV movies as confirmed by The Ultimate Lieutenant Columbo Site. If you'd bothered to read Peter Falk's IMDB webpage link that I'd provided, you'd noticed that each single episode is listed as a TV movie, and it if was an actual TV series which it isn't it would say so, eg. Columbo .

Finally, you're not the only one that used to watch Columbo. Do you remember what it was called? If it was a TV series it would be called Columbo, but it wasn't. Columbo appeared on a rotating basis with other serial detective stories like McCloud on Sunday nights on NBC Sunday Mystery Movie.

diegocala
Well, we are going to have to agree to dissagree, because it does not state (TV Movie) either, and they refer to them as episodes right there on page you linked.
Sorry but I refuse to back down

Walter Simard
Happy Dance - Well IMDb does clearly state that Columbo were indeed TV movies.

Peter Falk's IMDb webpage

The NBC Mystery Movie

BondJamesBond
The verbage in that last link is conflicting both your point of views laughing out loud

Lt.Columbo
I'm getting confused, whats going on?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.