Rocky Horror Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheepz
I promise I shall not rant.

Ok, As you all should know The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of the greatest cult movies ever. But, can you remake a cult movie? No! No! NO!!! Why do people try? It's going to be made for TV. Which is a bit craptacular. Marilyn Manson is playing Dr. Frank N Furter. Michael Hurst is Riff Raff. Joel Tobeck is also cast but I don't know what part. My guess is Brad Majors. Stephan Elliott is directing. I'll try and give it a chance. But with Manson....

Tired Hiker
"Craptacular" That's a great word. rock

ChinaNiki
You CANNOT replace such a classic. It's the original campiness that makes it so fabulous. You can't recreate that. And without Tim Curry it will SUCK.

*doing Time Warp* Happy Dance

badkittykitty
I just learned about this on a different thread here tonight and I am in total shock. I just watched this movie 2 days ago and it was so fun awesome! when i read that there is going to be a remake my belly did flip flops,what are they thinking! has hollywood ran completly out of ideas or something!,I'll watch it ,but it will what it is.whicch I am sure is really LAME!!

Tired Hiker
Is that one song from Rocky Horror that goes, "Let me sleep on it, baby baby, let me sleep on it . . . something something . . . because I hear that on my classic rock radio station sometimes and it sounds like the same voices as in time warp, which I know is from that movie and I'm just curious. Anyone?

Baylin
I'll dig the CD out and av a listen for you.

RE: The remake - If it aint broke dont fix it!

badkittykitty
thats meatloaf. he is in the movie but with a different song.

Tired Hiker
So that Sleep On It song isn't in the movie? And Baylin, is the soundtrack money? I saw the movie once long ago and enjoyed it. I saw it at one of those theatres where everyone goes nuts and you have to endure all the gimmicks like being tortured if you are a virgin (as in if you have never been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show type of virgin) and stuff.

ChinaNiki
"Sleep On It" is from the Bat Out of Hell album. The song is actually called Paradise By the Dashboard Light.

-=Urot=-
My god say it aint so!!

Whats the deal with all of these crappy remakes. Cant they come up with some original ideas?? If they cant what are they being paid for??

Phoenix
no. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tell ya what, let's all boycott it. or even better, watch it then write scathing reviews and publish them worldwide and throw toast and popcorn at the screen! NO ONE CAN REPLACE TIM CURRY!

-=Urot=-
Amen to that!

http://www.dvd-forum.at/screenshots/bilder/rocky-horror-picute-show-rc1-4.jpg
I'm not much of a man by the light of day
But by night I'm one hell of a lover
I'm just a sweet transvestite
From Transexual, Transylvania!!

Yeah baby Yeah!!!

Long live the Original ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!

badkittykitty
"rose tinted world keep me safe from my trouble and pain"

Godshinto
Once a year I go to the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" I do the whole dress up thing I play the role of the Biker I look almost exactly like the Meatloaf when he was younger. Even though it's an old tradition it grows a little every year first year with no kind of publicity we had over 130 last year we had three nightly showings in a row with an attendance of over 1250 people some in dress some not, if you come in dress you get in for free otherwise it'll cost ya. Two years ago we had Tim Curry visit the show he had heard of our show and had to see what we have done, he wasn't in Drag so he had to pay for a ticket house rules of course we payed it for him. http://pages.prodigy.net/area512/rockyhwall2.jpg

MissesDepp?!
Uhhh EWE! like anyone can replace that movie it's the most amazing cult movie ever!

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN...IT'S JUST A JUMP TO THE LEFT...A LITTLE STEP TO THE R-I-I-GHT...PUT UR HANDS ON UR HIPS...BEND UR KNEES IN TI--I--GHT!
stick out tongue i love it

and i love the t-t-t-touch me i wanna be touched t-t-t-touch me...creature of the night!

Walter Simard
I'll do one better, although my personal favourite cult film is This is Spinal Tap, The Rocky Horror Picture Show is the greatest cult film ever. I say let them burn their money - yet another future assclown movie trivia question.

MissesDepp?!
I don't know if This is Spinal Tap is cult its more comedy HAHAHAHA! laughing out loud

"This is My personal Favorite...You See i've even left the price tag on this one"

"Ya it's really nice"

"No, don't touch it"

" I was just looking"

" No...don't even look...u've seen enough...look away!"

LOL laughing out loud

diegocala
A cult movie can be a comedy or any other genre for that matter.

BondJamesBond
This was a stage play long before it was ever a movie, so why do a remake?

MissesDepp?!
But cult itself is a genre...so thats a genre in a genre

diegocala
amazing huh?

badkittykitty
confused I must be sleepy 'cause I just got totally lost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.