Cannibal Holocaust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
so has anyone else seen this? the supreme cannibal film of all time. contains some of the most grotesque scenes ever filmed, several of which show animals actually dispatched in horrible ways. many people have been offended by this (duh). but it adds alot to the movie. what do you guys think?

Tired Hiker
I don't know if I could stomach it. Animals really being killed for the sake of a movie? I don't know. I mean I understand how stunt men croak on set all the time, but something about animals, it hits me right here in the heart.

BackFire349
yeah, it understandable. but what people dont know is that the animals were killed for food. they just decided to film it at the last minute. they didnt just kill the animals for the sake of the movie.

Metroplex
I think that animals have souls like all of us and should not be used to publicize a movie.

BackFire349
they werent, they were killed for food because it was filmed in the middle of the jungle and they needed to eat. they decided to film it and put it in the movie because it added to the authenticity. they figured if the animals are going to be killed anyways, might as well film it.

Tired Hiker
They chop a steer in the back with a machete in Apocalypse Now. That was real. That's a ritual they actually do and Coppola decided to roll on that as well.

Klear Eyez
The circle of life my friend...... the circle of life.

Fuuck.... now im hungry...

mechmoggy
The version I saw of had the animal killings edited out, but my mate told me all about it.

BackFire349
i have the full unedited bootleg version. pretty harsh stuff, but people need to realize that whether or not they see it on film, it happens.

mechmoggy
The copy I saw had those parts edited out, but in a way that didn't spoil the flow of the film. Unlike the copy of "I spit on your grave" that I watched, that must have been edited by a drunken blind monkey. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
haha, i spit on your grave cant really be edited. the first 40 minutes of the movie is her being raped. cut that out and you have a 30 minute tv show.

mechmoggy
It was certain parts of that first 40 mins that were edited out, but so badly that when the camera shot changed all the people were standing in different places or looked completely different. Shocking editing.

BackFire349
sounds kinda funny. id like to see that.

Tired Hiker
I spit on your grave is the best revenge flick I should have never seen when I was to young to be seeing movies like I spit on your grave.

BackFire349
i like last house on the left better. its not quite as goofy.

mechmoggy
What about some of those awful "Home Alone" style booby traps?

Very poor.

BackFire349
i had no problem with them.

mechmoggy
Hardly horror though eh?

BackFire349
well that part wasnt meant to be scary. actually, the movie is meant to be disturbing, not really scary. i give credit where credit is due and that movie was very unique for its time and was the first real exploitation type horror flick. yes its been done better since then, but the premise is still great, and the ideas portrayed in the movie was among some of the sickest still. (making a girl piss herself before you rape her, come on, thats messed up to even the most jaded movie goer). it stands as a landmark movie, despite its cheesiness.

MF D00m
classic movie

Evil Dead
way to dig up a 10 month old thread.............could have just started a new one.

Lord_Andres
I heard that the director was put in jail or something for making the movie, don't know if it's true, BF should know this

BackFire
That's not true. Though people (stupid animal rights activists) wanted him to get into trouble for his treatment of animals. Nothing ever happened though. The movie just got banned in several countries.

cannibal
woz i in this movie?

lol

i will try and get it.....may leaRN A FEW THINGS

WindDancer

BackFire
I don't really care anymore, they've taken way to long getting this movie on DVD. It's taken them longer to get one little B movie out to dvd then it took to get the Star Wars Original Trilogy out on DVD.

I have a bootleg DVD for this movie now, and I'm happy with that. They shoulda quit bullshitting around and released it a few years ago, there is no excuse spending 5 years making a dvd for a movie like this.

WindDancer
I've been trying to get the bootleg (region 1 USA/Canada) myself but is too expensive at $59.99. Is also hard to get the original uncut VHS which I been looking for quite awhile. It is a shame it took this long. Still is worth owning the film whether is bootleg or special edition. Is a must have film for a collection.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.