Wands Are Smarter Than They Look...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mormegil
It appears that throughout the Harry Potter story, somethings just seemed, "meant to happen." The fact is, these occurance go deeper than many (including me) thought. Re-reading the forth book, when I got to the part about Voldemort and Harry's duel, I suddenly recalled the words, "...it's really the wand that chooses the wizard...," and I realized how far things really went. Could the wand have known that Harry would have to face Voldemort one-on-one in a duel, and intentionally give him the brother of Voldemort's wand, knowing that it would be his only chance? But, then again, there was only one brother, and Harry wasn't even born when Voldemort got his wand. So, could it go farther? The brotherhood of those wands is a result of the fact that their phoenix-feather cores came from the same phoenix... Dumbledores phoenix. The one man that Voldemort ever feared, just happenning to give the feathers to the worst dark lord in all of history and to the one person who could stop him? I think not. Besides that, why would Dumbledore have given the tail-feathers at all? Their are plenty of other phoenixes, why not use one of them? But, for whatever the reason, he did. The most likely course of events is as follows:

*Dumbledore aquired a phoenix at some point in his life
*Dumbledore and Olivander became friends
*Olivander asks Dumbledore for a tail-feather from the phoenix, and Dumbledore agrees
*Tom Marvolo Riddle aquired the wand with the phoenix tail-feather
*Tom opens the chamber of secrets and Dumbledore begins to suspect him; Dumbledore begins to make plans in case his fears turn true (that the heir of Slytherin was upon them)
*Tom changes his name to Voldemort and rises to power
*Dumbledore rises up to the chalenge and openly defies Voldemort
*Trelawney has the preminition about Harry in front of Dumbledore; Dumbledore set upon his course with a new fury in his heart, and, determined to destroy Voldemort in any way he can, he sets out of the Hoggs Head already knowing what had to be done.
Dumbledore knew that the wand containing the tail-feather of Fawkes had chosen Tom Marvolo Riddle, now Lord Voldemort. Knowing of the power of a wand with a phoenix tail-feather within, Dumbledore knew that the one who could stop Voldemort must be just as well armed. More importantly, however, he knew that wands choose the wizards. Thus, he deduced that the another wand with Fawkes' tail-feather would choose similarly to its brother. So, knowing that when Voldemort marks the boy as his equal he would also transfer some of his powers, making him and the boy very similar, chances were that the new wand would choose the boy. Somehow, Dumbledore knew that the new wand would not choose any other, because wands have a very particular inclination of what they look for in a wizard. So, if a wand chooses what was going to be the most powerful dark lord since Slytherin himself, that wand's brother wouldn't choose a wizard who had very little power. Quite the opposite, any two wands who are so closely related would most definitely choose in a similar fasion. However, knowing that there cannot be any knowledge of his plan by anyone other than himself, lest his plans be known, he told absolutely no one, not even Olivander. Also knowing that it would be two odd if he gave a wand to Olivander and have it be chosen the next day, Dumbledore decided to give it to Olivander imediately. Olivander must have thought it was a royal present, and it probably made him very happy. After the apparent death of Voldemort and Harry's taking in by the Dursleys, everyone rejoiced and got on with their lives. But Dumbledore sat and waited, waited for the time to come when Voldemort would rise again. For he knew that Voldemort had not died, partly bacause the prophecy had yet to be fulfilled. As the prophecy stated that voldemort would mark a child as his equal and then one would have to kill the other, it meant that either Voldemort was dead or he was alive and would come back. And, since Dumbledore had evidence that Voldemort yet lived, the prophecy could noy have been fulfilled yet. This also meant that Voldemort would have to come back and he and harry would have to fight.

Ten years later, Harry had gone to Olivander's and been chosen by a wand. And thus it was as Dumbledore had predicted, for Harry had recieved none other than the wand he had planted there 11 years before, and events that would lead to the fate of the world were then set in motion.

This has been my recreation of the events behind the history of the two wands of Fawkes. It is by no means true for certain, but I believe that this is the way (or close to the way) it happened. Please post any and all questions and/or comments obout this thread. I will do my best to keep current and answer you.

Ass Goblin
o my god that is freaky in a good way

Mormegil
Why, thank you, Ass Goblin.

frootlooplucy
sounds like you thought that out a lot... i wouldnt be surprised if that was perfectly true.

Mormegil
Thank you very much. It would be cool if it were true, but who knows... Id have to ask J.K. Rowling herself, but I don't think she'd tell me...

Mormegil
I have somethiong to add: When Voldemort first rose to power, the resistance group was called the Order of the Phoenix... Coincidence? I think not!

airangel429
No not a coincidence....wasn't snape's job in the end of book 4 was to go and regather the order and reform it. we knew there had been this order before....and now its back b/c lord v is back.

as for all that wand stuff... THAT'S REALLY DEEP...and I was thinking that the phoenix feather has to be QUITE strong...b/c those birds are very unusual..... their tears can heal, they burst into flames and are reborn..... they are VERY intelligent......

as for the wand stuff..... GREAT THINKING... and I too wouldn't be surprised if you were right!

Hey did anyone ever wonder if maybe Dumbledore is an animagus....(sp)

I was thinking in the CoS when Fawkes come to blind the snake if maybe it was dumbledore disguised??? maybe I will post this for a new topic.............. big grin

unibrow
i think ollivander must have known somthing about it cuz dumbledore said in gof that ollivander told him the next day that harry got the wand...i think olivander would havebeen suspicious if dumbledore told him to tell him if harry got the wand without explenation

airangel429
true true....

Mormegil
My thinking is that Olivander thought it odd (as he said "curious" and stuff) and thought that he should tell Dumbledore about it. However, it is a possibility that Olivander was faking his surprise, or that maybe he didn't believe Dumbledore when he told him and was thinking "what if..." when he saw the wand. Then, giving it to harry, was shocked and amazed that it was true, but knew better than to tell Harry about Dumbledore's plan. Either way would work.

thelotrlovr15
damn!!!.... you like thought about that along time!!!... I really liked how GoF lead up to OotP... that was cool because i re-read the books... hmmm... but everything happens for a reason... i belive it might be true... but you make dumbledore seem like he knows everything... he would have to base it on the prophecy that trelawney said and he would have to say that the characteristics of a wand are the same to it's brother... i belive that those two were with the same characteristcs... but doesn't necessarily mean that that is true with all sibling wands...

Mormegil
Well, it's a bit of a stretch in the first place, but doesn't it make sense for wands who are brothers to be similar?

thelotrlovr15
true...

airangel429
WHY DO YOU KEEP POSTING THAT???

iluvharrypotter
posting what?

Mormegil
I think she was talking about the super-long signature that thelotrlover15 has. It does take up a lot of space...

airangel429
I was its awfully long

Mormegil
Well, regardless of super-long signatures, the point still stands: Everything's Happened For A Reason.

Mormegil
And Will Continue To Happen For One Purpose...

Mormegil
And That Purpose Is...

Mormegil
Something Really Cool...

Mormegil
Ok, ok, i'm sorry about all the posts, but I've just started using html-code correctly, and it's a LOT of fun... But anyway...

Mormegil
That Really Cool Purpose Is To... To... GET HARRY TO KILL VOLDEMORT!

Laviera_j
Say what??? LOL,xx big grin

Mormegil
Well, that's a possibility, anyway... Anything could happen.

impatientinky
even tho the forum is not slow anymore now i thought i'ld bump this up. i've done read all the new posts and got bored. also thought that this post is very interesting and most poeple have probably not seen it yet (or haven't in a very long time) and could lead to some good discussions ....but then again, mormegil has basically said it all. well worth reading!

bianca

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.