Bored of the Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tiger lilly
I was just wonderin, has anyone ever read bored of the rings? cause i read it a while ago and thought it was hilarious, and im wonderin if anyone here's read it, and let us know what you think of it

Dexx
nope..nvr heard of it

tiger lilly
its a parody on lord of the rings, and its really funny, great big p**s take but really funny!

STARDUST
Never read it. I hate to read I just watch the movies.

muse5
That has to be the funniest book in the universe!!! i just read it two months ago! "I am Eorach daughter of Eorlobe, third marshall of the Rubbermark and Thane of Chowder" So funny, it cracks me up every time

fini
OMG i saw that book when i went to by the 1st and 2nd books of the history of middle earth. yes
Its hilarious, wish i had money to buy it at the time.
Funny though after i saw the book i thought bout making/writing a TRINI version of LOTR......what i made up so far is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to ridiculous.. hehe laughing

P-NuT
i love parodys. is it a book, and can i dl the text from kazaa

Smllfry247
hmmm... sounds good! i will have to get it!

tiger lilly
yeah it is a book, only a really small one tho, no where near the size of lotr...

moxie and pepsi crack me up.... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Mormegil
Sounds good... Where can I find it?

tiger lilly
i dunno if its available in the U.S to be honest, i know you can buy it at waterstones online, but not sure if they ship outside the UK. try amazon aswell... or if your not bothered bout gettin the book, might be able to d/l the text off kazaa like p-nut said

Korri
ill never tire of the Tators

iluvlotr!
No...ive never read it and i never will if its makin fun of my favorite books and movies! mad miffed

elijahslover22
I've never heard of it, but it sounds hilarious. I'll have to find it.

Mormegil
Hey, iluvlotr!, don't go saying things like that. If you really appreciate the LotR, then you should also appreciate its spoofs. I like Star Wars, but I can't get enough of the movie (by Mel Brooks) 'Spaceballs'. I also like Star Trek, but not Nearly as much as I like the things that make fun of it. Take 'Galaxy Quest' (starring Tim Allen); that movie is absolutely hilarious, and yet it every fiber of it is making fun of Star Trek. If anything, knowing (and liking) the thing that's being spoofed lets you appreciate the spoof that much more. You should never nay-say things so quickly, you know.

muse5
it's available in the US, that's where i live and i found it in a bookstore here, moxie and pepsi crack me up too, and spam, and well all of them... i'm a very huge fan of lord of the rings and i wasn't the least bit insulted because it was parodying them, it's really funny, just read it! smile

Captain REX
Can somebody tell me where I can get Bored of the Rings?

chica16
is it good?

tiger lilly
u should be able to get it at any book store captain rex, or of ur not bothered bout gettin an actually copy, u mite be able to d/l the text from kazaa

and yes its damn good chica16, very clever and funny

DeVooluff
For anyone still interested, here it is as a plain text PDF (zipped)

Enjoy! smile

ilvorlandobloom
sad the attachement didnt work! (at least for my retarded computer) i really wanna read this, i love funny things!

ilvorlandobloom
hey, its on amazon! go here : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0451452615/qid=1064040972/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-6023917-4264761

hehe, i added it to my wishlist big grin

nemo
the attachment didn't work for me either.
this one sounds funny.

DeVooluff
Is this a problem with winzip? 'coz it seems to work from here.

Since I cant post URLs yet ( sad ) , I'll try to PM a URL for an unzipped version of this file to all who ask for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.