Anyone ever wonder why Superman named Superboy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DemonicGambit
What I mean is, Why did he give him a Kyrptonian name? Kon-el, and why was it his family name. Superman didn't really treat Superboy like a son or anything. At least not till the end of Superboy comics.

Metroplex
Superboy isnt Superman's son. He is a clone. Im not sure about the naming, but since he is derived from Supes DNA thanthere related.

DemonicGambit
Well, of course I know that, and besides he's not a clone of Superman. He's a clone of a scientist, just made to look like the man of steel. That's why I was wondering why Superman named Superboy. They're not family.

Metroplex
Well actually superman was dead when Superboy was created.

Metroplex
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/yj/subq.html

For his bio. He is a clone of supes

DemonicGambit
He was created before Supes died, and escaped from Cadmus when Supes died. Because they took him out of his testing tube to double check his powers. But the news boys snuck him out.

steely balls
Wouldn't you think louis and clark would get busy. You would think they would have a child. That would make an intresting movie. Half human half kryptonian. So he's not so powerful, it bring more of a challenge.

NateDawgNT
you know... in the new Superman Batman comic line, Superboy tells Robin that hes half Supes DNA and half Lex Luthors

superice
Superman and Lois couldn't have a child. She so much as get a bit of a sun tan and BAM! Baby kicks his way outta there. Then there's always the question of whether or not his sperm would blow her head off. Then only way they could do it is if he wore a Kryptonite condom, which would kill him.

For the record, Superboy was created AFTER Supes' death. His DNA consisted of part of the man of steels, however they could not figure out his entire DNA code so they improvised and used other DNA in place. Superboy ( otherwise known as experiment thirteen "started suddenly fighting off the input like a man possessed....Then those newsboys broke him loose!" Page 11 of the graphic novel THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN.

screams
Superboy was created when Supes was killed by Doomsday, when the Cadmus Project tooks Supes genes and cloned them after they thought Supes was never coming back. Superboy helped Supes and Man of Steel (One of the four imposter's after Supes death) to help stop the plans of the Cyborg-Supes and Mogul (Cyborg-Supes was another imposter, who made everyone believe in him, and then leveled Coast City to make another Machine City, Superboy stopped C-S making a second Machine City by changing the course of a rocket sent to Metropolis) Superboy never got fully developed bacause the News Boys broke him out of his pod before he matured enough to have his full powers.

baddspellahl4
well teqniquley he's not even realted to him. superboy doesn't even have the same dna as superman. i forgot who's dna it is but if it was ihs dna then superman would be his father/brother/son

Shin Hakaida
actually i think they changed his origins for teen titans he's now 50% kryptonian and 50% human. the other half of his dna is from lex luthor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.