Dumbledore an Animagus (phoenix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

airangel429
I was thinking.....in the CoS when Fawkes comes down to blind the bastillous(sp) has anyone else ever wondered if it were Dumbledore himself, in disguise....aiding harry....but not winning his battle?? I know he would have fought most likely...but I always thought that was weird....

We have never heard if he was an animagus and we know dumbledore is a GREAT wizard, so why wouldn't he be an animagus.........

Psylocke
well I don't think that Dumbledor is an animagus becuase he has the phoenix in his office and it dies and is reborn so how could it have been Dumbledor? I don't know I could be wrong he might very well be one. Hmm we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

ladyblueyes
thats very well possible that he could be one! i never thought about that! lol it would be funny and pretty awesome if he was though right???

airangel429
Yeah it would be...i was wondering that after watching CoS over the weekend..... I mean.... D-Dore might have sent Fawkes to Harry...but how would it have known to take the eyes out of the bassilick...maybe it was on d-dores orders...OR maybe it was him, himself....... i mean.. we know prof. mcconnagol is one..and d-dore always seems to know EVERYTHING...so I wonder what if his is an animagus............

airangel429
Comments anyone?

frootlooplucy
he could be unregistered... coz dont they have to be registered and wouldnt they know if he was? but he could be...

frootlooplucy
but he couldnt be Fawkes, because Fawkes and D-dore are in heaps of scenes TOGETHER... and are in separate places at the same time... he could be another animal though.

Tonks
no,
if Dumledore was an Animagus then he would be a Pheonix probally. and it probally would have hinted it already cause in the first book he goes to Privit Drive and It probally would have hinted it then. but then I was thinking in the end if the first book when he is the Hospital wing (this is out of the book):
"You got there? Ypu got Hermiones owl?"

"We must have crossed in midd air. No sooner had I reached London than it became clear to me that The place I should be was the one I had just left. I arrived just in time to pull Quirrell Off you-"..........

So that dones not mean that He was a pheonix it just means that He would have already Been at Hogwarts because he can Apparate(To Hogsmeade) and so he could have been there earlyer

-Tonks-

thelotrlovr15
or that he was flying... you go TONKS!

airangel429
Ok, I was saying this...b/c of CoS...... how was FAWKES that smart to know to blind the bassilsk........and how would d-dore already know..that's why i thought maybe he was an animagi................ and he brought the hat..that carried the sword....

frootlooplucy
im not saying hes not an animagus, i just dont think he xcould be fawkes, specifically.

Mormegil
No, he's definitely not Fawkes. I mean, it's very obvious that he's not. But, that doesn't mean he can't still be an animagus, or that he can't turn into a phoenix. I mean, when you make a potion to become an animagus, chances are you have to get a sample off something that you want to become. So, couldn't Dumbledore have easily made the potion and plucked a feather off Fawkes? It'd be very simple for Dumbledore to do it.

airangel429
oh i dont think he's fawkes......but maybe that wasn't fawkes that blinded the bassilisk

frootlooplucy
that could be it.

Mormegil
Yeah, it could...

airangel429
that's what i was gettting at....i mean we all know d-dore isn't fawkes...i just think he's an animagi........

iluvharrypotter
But the pheonix that helped Harry was Fawkes. And Dumbledore always has Fawkes in his office. How could he be there and Fawkes be there is he is supposed to be Fawkes because Fawkes is the one that helped him in The Chamber of Secrets.
I dunno... Anyone even know what I am saying? I think I am screwing myself up! confused

airangel429
but we dont know if was fawkes...how would he know to blind the bassilsk and HOW would d-dore know to tell fawkes to blind it....its all a bit strange!

i am not sayign that fawkes = d-dore or even at the same time...just what if d-dore is an animagi and instead of FAWKES in CoS it was D-Dore....????

iluvharrypotter
Could be.... but still, Dumbledore and harry noth said that Fawkes was the one that helped him in the Chamber of Secrets

airangel429
true..but d-dore probably wouldn't have told him...... I really do think d-dore is a phoenix.......... and he's the greatest wizard ever........EVER....so that kinda ties into the whole thing too........

airangel
Closing!!! No activity since July 03...........

Shadowy_Exa
Click it quick

Something in the Hp POA film shows something that happens in book 6 or 7

hmm.Remember that some wizards can become animangi

which is a good thing to be, so most wizards powerful enough would be one yeah.....

Well Think of dumbledore

Think of how he can see through the invisibility cloak
think of how he has the sparkly eyes
think of how he looks old and elegant yet is still agile.

Take a look at this

http://www.skip.at/bilder/film/4976/5.jpg

SeptemberRain
what would he be?

Shadowy_Exa
Look at the picture

Raven Guardia
maybe a Phoenix.......

Shadowy_Exa
and thats why i posted an owl confused

Raven Guardia
an owl?.....no a phoenix is more likely

LadySlytherin
well he has a pheonix already...yeah i agree with an owl though...they're wise, clever, and swift just like dumbledore

Raven Guardia
and phoenix live long, are brilliant creatures, are beautiful, they have tears that heal ( could be the eyes), very smart, strong.

Patronus
Here's a crazy idea. What if Hedwig is Dumbledore?

Iceman22
Cool theory, but I don't think Dumbledore is an Animagus.
He's blind (no I am NOT crazy). His eyes are magical, like Moody's but, Moody's eye is so because he was an Auror (give's a creepy effect on his rivals), that's why he can see through an invisibilty cloak.
Another reason: never noticed why Dumbledore has such a good hearing despite his age, blind people have it too.
And the reason that he kinda knows of everything that happens in the castle, i ve got 2 assumptions: it's rather the Chocolate Frog card with his face on it or rather it are the paintings that are all over the castle ( remember the talking in OotP in his room with the paintings).

Raven Guardia
icemans theory is the best...it makes sense!....go you iceman!

LadySlytherin
i agree. it is higly possible...but arent blind people's eyes all blue and glazed over? and all the times that harry's talked about the "twinkle in his eye" and that his eyes came to rest on harry?

Iceman22
Ladyslytherin, he has magical eyes every time he sees a magical thing in or about harry, the eye receives this en thus "twinkles" as the eye sees the magic. Just bare with me a Little.
We all know that Harry is very powerful, but doesn't know how to use it.
But actually he's greatest power is his believe. If he does believe he can do something, than he will do it. And almost every time he's with Dumbledore, the Professor gives him couple of instructions or rather believes. Harry trusts the professor with his own live, thus he starts to believe to and then the magic in him begins to work althus creating the "twinkle" in Dumbledore 's eyes, that are just only picking the magical signature of Harry's evolving powers started by his believe.
Hope I have made myself clear and answered your question.

Raven Guardia
I still agree with iceman....are you JK?...you seem very clever about this.

besides ladyslytherin, blind peoples eyes become milky white

R@ven
Very inquisitive and very observant iceman.

punkyhermy
that's an awesome theory iceman!

Raven Guardia
maybe iceman is JK rowling

Iceman22
Naaah, just happen to read a lot between the lines and have the wildest imagination stick out tongue
You can also get good assumptions out of fan fiction, really good authors are out there writing brilliant fics.
But geez, i m rather embarrassed with the compliments.
Geez really guys thx a lot. embarrasment

Scar
But IF Dumbledore is an Animagus then... HE MUST BE A PHOENIX!

Iceman22
He doesn't need to be a phoenix cause he already has Fawkes, so what's the point there?
Another thing I find out about phoenix is that they cannot be bought, sold or gifted away.
They choose the wizard them self and if the wizard agrees, a bond is forged between the two of them, kinda like till death does us apart.
And "they come to the protector of Light when Dark is eminent", so when Dumbledore was going to fight Grindelwald ( and conquered him ), that's when Fawkes attached himself to Dumbledore.

ladygrim
woah never thought bout dumbly being one ... mayb like in the CoS the phoniex blinded the 'big snake ' so myb dumbledore has saves harry from voldy ... only a thought tho dont take it the wrong way

Raven Guardia
thats what I said, but nobody seems to believe me sad ....I'm glad you think so too stick out tongue

airangel
I posted this theory MONTHS AND MONTHS ago (going to find it so I can merge it with this one)

~AA~

airangel
This insert shows that D-Dore might be either an owl, a phoenix or some other sort of flying creature. Loot at the beginning of Paragraph 3.

airangel
If Dumbledore was blind...you'd think that someone could have conjured a spell to heal him though......... Moody didn't like magic much (from what I gathered...he was more grumpy........so he probably liked keeping his eye to scare/intimidate others)

angelsflame265
I had always imagened dumbledore as a bee or something along that line. As his name means White BumbleBee. And during the O.W.Ls harry saw a bee flying around. Harry took notice of the bettle in the 4th book, and look what that turned out to be.

punkyhermy
dumbledore could be an animagus.I don't understand why that should not happen...

angelsflame265
who said it couldn't? confused

Scar
Does he need to be an Animagus? I mean he knows quite bit of magic to disappear anywhere. (Even using fawkes he disappeared inside Hogwarts in OotP)

Scar
Also people on mugglenet are thinking Godric Gryffindor as an animagus. And they say that Fawkes is Godric Gryffindor.

frodo_dude
perhaps....

frodo_dude
scar: do u live in KMC?? confused

ladygrim
if u think bout it he could be one for many differnt reason other than harrys sake he could be one so he knows that voldie is bout mite sound stupid but possible voldie scared of d.dore so if he thinks he isnt there when infact he is .. voldie is Buggered

airangel
Angel Fire...good investigating on the bumblebee....never heard of that..... big grin

I dunno about Godric being Fawkes though.......but then again Fawkes does seem quite old...........

ladygrim
very old

angelsflame265
Is there a way to determain how old a phoenix is? (that we can think of anyway. . .)

Scar
What do u mean by this, dude? smile

el-pirate
but then i don't think he is a registered animagus, cause hermione checked them, and i think she would have said it when someone they knew was an animagus....

angelsflame265
remember dubmledore is like 150 years old and she checked the animagus this century, dumbledore could have done it in the last century
(pays off to be old some times wink

el-pirate
that's a thought!!! otherwise she wouldn't have said animagusus of THIS century! wink you're good!!

angelsflame265
thanks embarrasment lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.