Red Dawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DERCOR
I like Red Dawn. Anybody? rock

Kes
Can you be a bit more especific (sp) they change the tittles so I might know the movie but not by that tittle messed

Tired Hiker
He's talking about the flick with Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, and some other brat packers. It was about a small town in Ohio or something being taken over by the Russians and members of the high school flee and gather to fight the Russians and save their town. One haunting image that everyone talked about was the opening scene where tons of Russian parachuters land right outside a small portable classroom.

Kes
Hmm Nah doesn't ring a bell sad

Evil Dead
Great movie..........I own it on dvd..........it's the only good movie Patrick Swayze ever made..........

The flick was about World War III ...........a small town in Ohio is overtaken by Russians..........they don't know what's happening........a small group of kids escape into the mountains.....they learn on their radio that over half of the country has been taken over, that world war III is taking place......they become rebel fighters and take on the Russians...........

good flick, check it out.........

Kes
Interesting...the Russions attack the Americans and that makes WWIII blink

Evil Dead
That's a big part of it...........the movie was made in like 1983-1985 ......

It's not just the Russians.........they have allies too but the Russians are the main enemy.......they have Germans here and there too. The U.S. also has alies like France and England but we never see them, only hear about them on radio broadcasts.........we never even see the U.S. army untill the end because the town is so far behind enemy lines (Russians have taken over over half of the U.S.)

Kes
Ok. Not my tipe of movie but if I can find it, I'll watch it wink

Rogue Jedi
wolverines!!!!! C. thomas howell goes out in a blaze of glory taking on that BIG russian chopper. awesome movie.

Evil Dead
My favorite scene in the whole movie is when they have all those townspeople lined up to execute via firing squad............they all start singing America The Beautiful and keep singing untill they are shot and fall into the mass grave/ditch that is dug out behind them..........I love that scene.

Kes
Very patriotic (sp)

happy kine
i had to revive this thread... i just bought red dawn on dvd... what a great flick for its time. WOLVERINES! (its the mascot of their former high school team) i saw it when i was a kid and truly thought that could happen... i would sit in my house and not take my shoes off just in case the russians landed and i had to run.... i reccomend this movie to all.

ragesRemorse
The first time i saw this movie i was very young. I remember not being able to sleep for days after words i was so frightend, because it was the first time i learned that if america would lose a war we lose our country, and freedom. Red dawn is a great movie not many people know about, it deffaintly has a simple but great plot. the realism in the characters comes through the screen. GOOD movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.