Violent, uncontrollable rage... and stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Well, I have a bit of a temper on me, to be sure, but not a violent one. Having just posted the notable exceptions in my Edna Crush story- when in fits of uncontrollable, call-the-police, Hulk-scale temper I dropped a coin collection frame a few inches onto some bed covers that Edna was sleeping under, and she didn't notice, and later I held my arm across her to keep her from moving away from me during an argument, which is about the most forceful thing I have ever done. It wasn't really hardcore domestic violence, to be sure (and to judge by how well we got on that night, it was hardly an issue!)

However, since relating those experiences, a couple of people have commented to me on such rage, so I thought I would open a thread about the subject. Give me an inanimate object and it is a different story, especially in my later teen years, during which time I tore my bedhead from my bed and threw it into the landing, where it snapped, and once threw a joystick out of the window after blaming it for a particularly bad gaming session. In fact, I have never found anything worse for the temper than a computer game; good job computers don;t have feelings...

Anyway, what about the rest of you? What have you done in fits of temper! Come on, embarrass my puny offerings, let's hear about how you smashed up a car with a crowbar... or something...

bigbadbike2
Sorry Ush. I never get violent except when I need to for protection. Even then it is not out of rage. I learned to control my anger early in life I guess.

Ushgarak
Oh, how dull! Taking anger out on inanimate objects is remarkably healthy, actually. Come on, Kes, I know you have something to add...

bigbadbike2
Actually Its kinda fun Ush. Other people are intimidated by someone who obviously isn't. Its also fun to see others just boil with anger when they can't upset me. Hee hee evil face

Ushgarak
Oh, it's different if it is rage at PEOPLE... that's less healthy.

Best thing to do with (non-violent) bad temper is laugh about it. Elle and I could both get a tad 'moody' at times...

Kes
Oh yeh I lose my temper very fast. At ppl but mostly when things don't go has planed! I've broken my bed and several doors because of it. I've hit a few kids (my age at the time) too but know I mostly go for walks just to be alone and calm down!

Baylin
I'm with BBB on this one, i very seldom get angry enough to lash out but I had a good laugh at a mate of mine who putting something away, trapped his finger, lashed out by kicking it really hard and broke his toe! laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Heh... that's the sort of story we want!

Corran
I stamped my foot really hard in a fit of rage when I was younger because I only got 99% in my mock 'O' level maths exam, I think I may have even said 'Damn'

Ushgarak
GASP!

Tex
I just ususally pound my fists and punch pillows...........and little kittenswink

bigbadbike2
*Dialing* Yes. Animal control? I would like to report.....

Tex
...Corran for beastiality!stick out tongue

Corran
and Tex for acts of indecency against humanity.

J_To_The_P
I just cuss A LOT when I get angry, in 7th grade I punched some kid in the face for the first time, and in 8th grade I threatened to kill a kid, which got me suspended for 4 days, and sent to a psychiotrist, which was a waste of my parents' money at that, but now I just cuss a lot.

Dexx
in the past few years i've kinda learn to controll these outbursts. I ruined a pc monitor this way after a 'particulary bad gaming session' (and i mean with smoke and everything..)
Now i guess i'm more open to the unexpected and i handle things easily.
And no..i tend not to be violent with other persons

happy kine
i put my fist through a window because my mom tried to ground me... i was 16 at the time and i've never hit another inanimate object... i find punching people is much more theraputic and fun.

i have a friend that gets very angry when playing video games.... thats just silly... its a game, what is there to get mad at? i guess you could get mad at yourself for sucking at the game... but i wouldn't know about that

Ushgarak
Oh no, HK, the computer is a cunning enemy that cheats...

diegocala
I have found that rage is a very unhealthy thing

ChinaNiki
I kicked in my bedroom door once after it locked behind me. What really sucked was that I could lock it when I went to sleep but Cheyenne (one of our dogs) could always get it open to wake me up when my sister came home from work. But I only kicked it in after I couldn't get the doorknob off with a screwdriver.

Captain REX
I was a terrible little brat before junior high. I knocked peoples heads into walls, punched people in the gut (among other, more painful places), I smashed a coin holder that my grandma had given me (which made me even angrier), and lots of other excellent (and violent) stuff.

Bespin Bart got pissed off on a hunting trip and blew out his friend's tires with a shotgun. laughing out loud

mechmoggy
When I was 18 I shared a flat with a friend, we had an argument one night and I stormed out to go the pub. I left the flat and kicked the door really hard, the re-enforced glass shattered and gave me a nasty gash down my leg. I have a 3" scar from that little temper tantrum.

More recently....yesterday I went and bought a new TV, our old one has a loose connection somewhere and the bloody thing kept switching itself off all the time and usually during the good bits in films. Anyhoo, once I'd got my new telly I took my old one to the dump and had great fun smaching the screen in with a brick for all the hassle its given me.

That'll learn it.

skule
you people are violent!

Kes
Breaking stuff feels good! I rarelly play video games because I just get upset!

Captain REX
Thank you, thank you, it's all my falt...

narcil
hmmm...i have a bit of a temper. i'll get really angry, but it's usually short lived.

when i was younger, i got into fights in the school yard a lot. i haven't got into fights (physical or verbal) for years and years though. at least five. (except for a few arguments with my parents---but i really don't think that counts.)
when i've been really REALLY angry with someone, i've gone and beat inanimate things up----(kicked a few holes in the wall--took my arnis sticks to the garden shed and dented it wonderfully. *lol*) oh yeah---punched the wall a lot. (these are in extreme cases, mind you.) i find that about five minutes of wailing on smthg drains me so that i'm just too tired to be angry. (and somehow the anger doesn't come back because after hurting my hands n' such it really just seems ridiculous.)

*G* once i dropped a large LARGE sheet of wood on my foot (long story--here's the result of it, tho). the pain was so excruciating that i remember just being FURIOUS. not at anyone in particular---but just...ANNNNNGRY!!!! *lol* in a few seconds it wore off, though...and i hopped around on one foot for a while...heh...my big toe was black for nearly an entire year. it was so digusting--great wound to show off though--grossed all my friends out. big grin

Captain REX
That's lovely Narcil... sick

Ushgarak
Well, I think this is all rather therapeutic!

diegocala
So is banging your head against the wall

bigbadbike2
So that's why Diego is like that. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/wallbash.gif

Dexx
ooh..there's plenty to get mad. If the control's aren't that well planned (part of the game play) i'll replay missions over and over (increasing the testosteron level ofcourse)..untill i go red. And then i hit the central unit..or the desk..or anything that happens to be near me. And then the bloody computer resets himself.....and then...AAAARGH!

ofcourse.....looking at your avatar.......i could take that solution also stick out tongue

happy kine
true! thats why you need to play with friends so you can hit them and not ruin your equipment.

happy kine
if eating bananas made me angry, i'd tend not to eat bananas.

and my avatar is more of a work thing... its what i do all day long! i'm a network admin for a large company and it can be very frustrating... mostly because programmers don't know how to do it right the first time... anywho.... games are the bane of many a gamers

Dexx
not all the bananas are annoying, though...so...it's worth a try.

diegocala
the dancing one's are!

Dexx
amin

Mist
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

resistance is futile

Celsius
i punch the crap out of my ps2 controllers when i fail at games. nd i punched a solid brick wall.
ITS ALL ABOUT SELF CONTROL stick out tongue

Celsius
Jeez!!! anger managment. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
kicked a cat in front of a moving car when i was a teen. ashamed to this day.

Baylin
Remember this - When somebody is really p***ing you off it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to lift your arm and b*tch slap the f***ers!

Your a very nasty man Rogue!

cermiestar
Tex! how could you! little kittens! cute adorable kittens!
http://erin.egomania.nu/kitten_sleeping.jpg
*dies from cuteness*

i don't get violent when i'm mad..............i take deep breaths and go read

Dexx
pppfffff.....light side crap stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Sorry... did you mean you go red, Cermie, or did you mean you go read books?

Rogue Jedi
whenever i feel like im about to lose it, i get on my ps2. its amazingly theraputic.

narcil
i remember, in grade 4, seeing some kids beating up on a neighbourhood cat. this one guy picked it up by its tail and was, quite obviously, about to try and swing it around by said tail. (at this point, i was running at him, and once i reached him, was grimping onto his arm like a monkey---all the while shouting obscenities at him. *Lol*) i don't know what i was thinking--he was so much bigger than me...had to be in grade 6 at least. (which, hey--is big when you're in grade 4.) i was really really pissed, though. my friends (some of whom witnessed the entire ordeal) went and got some teachers. (yay!!!)

anyhow---the end result was that the cat was ok, which is good. ^_^

Dexx
*hand clapping*

Gundark
*takes copious notes about not pissing Ush off when riding on the top of a double decker bus with him*

Perhaps I should reconsider having a different tour guide when I get there....

Lets see....how did I release my anger whilst going through my divorce oh so long ago...kicked some doors in.....that was enjoyable.

When I'm really mad I usually walk away fast and just keep walking until it goes away and I mellow out.

Then I go get my clown gun and start shooting. Hehehe.

Ushgarak
Yeah, might drop some tickets on you. Maybe from the height of a foot!

BackFire349
i punched someone in the face repeatedly a few years back. only time i ever raised my fists in anger.

Gundark
Gee, BF....and here I thought you'd have just whipped out that chainsaw. Hehehe.

Ush, you can stop throwing those tickets at me anytime now. *points childishly at Clock Tower* Look at the big watch !

Mist
i punched my bedroom wall once, caused a dent, still there.

Ushgarak
Oooh, clock tower! (looks)

Well, you ARE a Big Scary Man, Mist!

Rogue Jedi
in high school, i had a good friend named rahman, from pakistan. the "jocks" went out of their way to pick on him. one day a guy went too far and pushed him in the bathroom and started whaling on him. i saw it and tried to get a teacher, to no avail. i hear him screaming in fear, so i run inside and level the first jock i see. a guy named isaac had taught me how to box when i was 13-15 years old, so i knew how to throw a knockout punch. i did, connecting with the ideal place, flush on the chin. as he fell, he hit his head on a urinal, sustaining a concussion. i took out one more before they rushed me and pretty much beat the piss out of me. well, turns out the 1st guy i hit was our star quarterback. he missed a couple of weeks, costing our team the district title. needless to say, i wasnt too popular with the sports crowd the rest of the year.

finti
I have an explosive temper, and if others want to rumble I aint backing down. Guess it is the Viking blood running to my veins making me a semi berzerker big grin. My temper has lingered over the years though

Rogue Jedi
ive mellowed out in my old age.

bigbadbike2
Wanna Fight? stick out tongue

cermiestar
read books

happy kine
read books on how to beat the living crap out of someone.

Ushgarak
... with the book! That would be cool, a book with a double use like that. Book combat.

ChinaNiki
Hey! You could seriously hurt someone with a biology or chemistry book.wink

VampirePrincess
I get violent when it comes to painfull situations for me to deal with. With my guy friends and everything I can be known to hitt them when they do something stupid or throw stuff. But it never got any where near what I can become if I wanted too. I try holding my anger and write about it so I don't end up killing someone!

ChinaNiki
maybe you need one of those hanging bags boxers use
then you could kick the crud out of it and you wouldn't have to worry about the extent of your anger if you went full out on the bag

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.