Can and will Lucas redeem himself??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainTrips
Ok..so the first 2 episodes of the new SW trilogy have been sorely lacking in 2 things..plot and feeling..will Lucas wake up from his eye candy daydream and redeem himself in the shadows of modern masters like Ang Lee and the Wachowski brothers??

-=Urot=-
Simple word NO!!

He has so much story to tell with so little movie time. This next film is going to suck. We all know what hes going to do, and that would be cramming this next moive with so much crap that it will burst before the begining credits finish!

Do I sound bitter??? O_o

CaptainTrips
LOL yes you do Urot..but so am I..greatly disappointed with Lucas on these last 2 films..where's the emotion??? the only emotion i get is disgust

diegocala
No he cannot

Mist
he shouldn't have used that guy who plays anakin in ep2. no acting skill watsoever.
ep3 better have more yoda fighting.
www.theforce.net has ep3 stuff.,
one thing they had was: lucasarts bought 200 lightsabers for ep3.
cool

-=Urot=-
Hey Mist I dont know if you want to use this avatar instead of the one you have now.

It blinks. smile
http://www.gdarkness.com/4degrees/scaryguy.gif

Baylin
Once upon a time in decade far far away....
A man, Geaorge Lucas, took an excellent idea and made probably the best films in history.
Unsatified with this undertaking he waited until such a time as there was sufficient technology available to **ck it up by going for overdone effects and no real film making!

Shame!! sad

Rogue Jedi
sacrelige...talking smack about lucas.....shame on you guys

Kes
Well we have a Star wars area so I think this belongs there. So moving to Star wars: Episode III.
Sorry...moving---moved smile

Baylin
Dont get me wrong Rogue I'm a proper SW fan. I just think Lucas went a little too far with the SFX which then detracted away from what the films were really about.

finti
I really hope he does, even though AOTC gets better every time I watch it

Ushgarak
Wow, how very negative! Not everyone thinks he is in need of redemption! Sure, the new films have been lacking in some respects but they have been very good in others! I think they all get better the more you watch them, actually.

We all know the biggest problem is trying to stuff so much in; TPM was a true prequel, which is fair enough, but then he had to fit his three-film story intwo two, and AOTC's biggest problem was it being fat and bloated (the Naboo sections being a particular waste of time). All previous films had three locations for their action; TPM also had three but went to one twice, AOTC had FIVE. It was a bit of a problem.

I am relatively confident it will be a good film, and the entire prequel trilogy will be better than ROTJ, if you ask me...

Lucas Sucks!
The problem is not the actor.... the problem is that lucas doesnt know how to direct actors. Natalie Portman is great... howcome she acts so bad in star wars? samuel jackson looks so flat.. even though he shouldnt be in star wars... damn good actor but not in star wars.

Whats wrong with star wars is the directing of the actors, the abuse of blue screens dont give the actor any idea of space and they cant even interact properly. Thats the other reason. Another reason, the VERY VERY bad lines that they have. Tell me how Hayden Christen or whatever would sound good saying "i'm in agony the closer iget to you, the worse it gets. The tought of not being with you turns my STOMACH TURN OVER. my mouth go dry. I FEEL DIZZY, ICANT BREATH. IM haunted by the kiss you shouldnt havent given me." COME ON!!!!!! WAKE UP!!! those are the reasons why!

And the point is not if he can redeem himself... is far to late, he might get a good movie... but its imposible that with one movie you can fix two very bad ones,,, they wont be able to connect it with the other triology.

Rogue Jedi
i agree with finti. all the movies get better each time i watch them.

grifta
the reason ep4-6 seem better is Lucas didn't direct, but i agree that the movies get better every time I watch them.

Ushgarak
Lucas directed 4 and did a lot of directing work on the other two- still, teamwork made ESB the best one and there is less of that now.

Another_Smithy
I actually think TPM is one of the best SW movies, it was great, Qui-Gon great Obi great Maul sure as hell great and the podrace was great 2. Also Qui-Gon and Obi Vs. Maul a REAL sword fight not just hitting the other guys Lightsaber like in ESB and ROTJ.

Mist
i think Lucas will pull himself together for ep3. if he doesn't, there will be a lot of disapointed people out there......

Another_Smithy
Yeah talk about the suicide rate will escalate!

CaptainTrips
now guys dont get me wrong..i have been a SW fanatic since 77..i was 5 years old at the time and ever since then,I along with millions of other thirty somethings grew up in the trilogy's afterglow. i can still remember the utter elation and overwhelming anticipation when i first caught glimpse of the trailer for Empire and although Jedi did have its somewhat less than tactful moments, it closed the trilogy beautifully. all of us shed more than a tear or two when Vader died and for the first time, his ever so ominous theme song was played somberly on a solitary piano, reminiscent of the music that always played as a certain jade colored giant's alter-ego walked away down the street alone..without a doubt the films made their way into the realm of timless fairytale..aligning themselves with unforgettable classics somewhere between the wizard of oz and 2001: a space oddesy. ultimately and sadly though, as one of the above posts mentions, we are left with a mere shell of a man who has this awesome sandbox called ILM that, last time i checked seems to have produced the SFX for a whole lot of popular films over the last 2 decades..now Lucas seems hellbent on topping some of these latebreaking talents who spent many a year and many a million struggling to top what he did so brilliantly 20 years ago. yes the story is big, yes it's involved, yes there is alot to explain, but does every single scene have to try to outdo the creature cantina? it's distracting..not entertaining. to sum up my point, i love star wars but i didnt feel sad when qui-gon died..i felt ripped off..keep the comments comin!

Ushgarak
*I* was sad when QGJ died!

Mist
they should have kept him for the clone war

Lucas Sucks!
qui gon was a really good character. The most real character in the new triology, I loved the character and he didnt last.... too bad.

Rogue Jedi
i was surprised. the first time i saw ep.1, when he died, i was like "what? hold on!!!! rewind!!!" he was a great character.

Lucas Sucks!
if they were going to kill a jedi th should have killed the one with the crazy neck or the one that his head looks like a penis... or better yet... mace windu... but not QGJ

Rogue Jedi
the movie was pretty much based around qui gon. it sucks that he had to die. by the way, mace rocks

Lucas Sucks!
why?

Rogue Jedi
i dont know, i just like him. why does he suck?

Lucas Sucks!
i didnt found anything special about him. His lines were reall stupid man... cant deny that... and i love samuel jackson as an actor... but not for star wars.... he doesnt look in place for me. "this party is over"... "mother fu***" hahaha.... and his fighting style..... looks like a sisi..... have you seen the designs for mace windu??? they were soooo awsome... and look what i got.... a flat jedi.... that says nothing and always has is hand on his chin pretending he knows more than Yoda.

Rogue Jedi
who should have been cast for the role, in your opinion?

finti
Ricky Martin laughing out loud

Altar[1stONE]
One thing , The saber fight in Episode 1 , brilliant , it spawned a new genre of the way we look at saber fighting. What with the duel saber , and two jedis against a fatal charcter such as Darth Maul. I loved it when i saw it in theaters , I look forward to that part everytime when i watch the film. Problem with ep2 is the acting true , and the actors dont have alot to do with the blue screen. Hayden Christiansen is a good actor , in life as a house , he has the potential. But he was , pardon my french ( a little *****) up until the parts where he got dark. I pray to god that , lucas brings us some Saber fighting in ep3 that is as aw inspiring as the one in ep1. The one in ep2 , hated it as much as i hate that line "I got a bad feeling about this". It was two short , too unskilled , and reckless. The fight with yoda , cracked me up , hate it now. All i got to say about that is Hop` fro`g. But i hope we see qui gon again , that would be as good as seeing Vader again , am i wrong? cool

imhotep

Ushgarak
We have had that motorbike accident thing trotted out before. There has never been any offiical confirmation that Liam was meant to make a persoal appearance and the accident stopped him. All official sources I have seen have made out that is was only ever going to be the audio-only line we got (though if you have an official source, rather than just speculation, that this is so, then I would like to see it)

The ep. ii sabre fighting was perfectly skilled, btw; just the focus in the film at the end was not on the sabre fighting like it was in TPM and like it will be in the last one. They can't ALL have sabre fights take take 3 or more months to film! They needed to save some things for the last one.

Rogue Jedi
i like the saber fight in ep.2, but towards the end of the dooku/anakin duel, it focus's too much on their faces. zoom out!! i wanna see lightsabers clashing!!!!

Altar[1stONE]
You know what , Lucas probably tryed to show us something new with the lightsabers in the whole arena shot. With all the jedi and all those sabers , it was a jedi war we never seen. So perhaps that was the appeal. Second Liam getting in a motor crash , thats a shame, hope he recovers. That is something we defently need in ep3 , the explaination of why the jedi become ghostly figures and simply , people want to see quigon give obi wan advice on how to confront anakin from the dark. Last thing , that part in ep2 , where it says 'Anakin , anakin . HOpe you guys know thats just the audio from ep1 where he says Anakin , Drop!. But then , they add that hilarious NOooooooOOOOO! it sounds like some old classsic triology alien getting killed. He almost sounds like boba fett when he screams into the sarlacc.

Rogue Jedi
i read that about liam also, unfortunately the powers that be arent accepting it.

CaptainTrips
i like liam neeson too..AWESOME actor..anyone remember him in Excalibur? brilliant..its the direction and lack of depth in the script. the sabre fights are good but not "awe inspiring". I think most of the appeal of the fight in Ep I was number one it was new territory. the idea of a duel blade lightsaber and a downright pissed off looking bast*** weilding it were awesome. two, it was the freshness of it..this was the first new sabre fight anyone had seen in 20 years. hats off to Ray Park. he's a great martial artist. look for his nods to the darth maul character in his other movies..his moves are nearly identical (X-Men I & Eccks Vs. Sever) I must agree with imhotep, the fight scene in II was severly lacking any real elegance or impressive moves and some of Yoda's responses to Duuku were rediculous..wouldnt it have been easier to use the force to move anakin and obi wan safely out of the way rather than catch that massive pipe thingy and focus really hard to throw it clear? again, this installment fell victim to the same fate the first one suffered..too much sfx and not enough story. Still, im hopeful and I will give Lucas the benefit of the doubt..maybe he is saving the best for last. By the way friends..the plural of Jedi is Jedi wink

Ushgarak
Liam recovered from that accident ages ago- like I say, there is no proof that I have seen that it ever stopped him from making a personal appearance in AOTC.

Mist
i agree. also, anakin should have fought with two sabers much longer than he did. when he got his arm cut off, the actor stuck out his arm as though he was expecting it to happen...shouldn't have done that. eek!

Rogue Jedi
im sure he would have fought longer with two, but he couldnt control when dooku disarmed him of his second saber.

Mist
what will lucas do to make the third film even better than the second? (as in fighting)

Rogue Jedi
i think the lightsaber battles will be like nothing we have seen before.

finti
hope so

Rogue Jedi
im sick of people dissing lucas. if they dont like him, why are they watching star wars?

finti
because even though they try not to like it they cant help liking Star Wars

Captain iMpact
Captain iMpact says Star Wars "God damn ****ing Rocks"! Bless Lucas and his big neck!

Captain iMpact laughs at all other cinematic efforts!

Rogue Jedi
language. watch the language, please.

General Kaliero
The big event of Ep. III has to be between Yoda and Palpy.

finti
well it has been said that Yoda wont fight in this film. But as with all it is rumors so who`s to know

Rogue Jedi
i am not looking forward to seeing yoda fight again, if he actually will in ep. 3.

finti
me neither

Morph
I think the biggest mistake Lucas made was casting Hayden Christiansen as Anakin. Look at Hayden, then look at Anakin in ROTJ...What the fux0r5 was he thinking? There's no way in HELL that Hayden could ever look like that when he gets older.

Godshinto
not even that the age difference between him and the princess didn't seem that far apart like one or two years difference it's closer to 5 6 years difference.

Rogue Jedi
who do you think they should have cast as anakin in ep.1 & 2?

Bicnarok
Me, look how cool I am in Pic below

Altar[1stONE]
I wish anakin were more of a teen when they found him in ep1 like 13 would be nice , no more kiddish acting by jake loyd. The kid they should of casted as anakin , maybe Jake Loyd LoL but older and with more acting experience. They said Leonardo Decrapio was going to be anakin but hes to short I think Hayden made a good role. And may i note , Ewan Megregor , Was perfect for obi wan , i could totally see the strong resemblence between his young self and old self. Good Job GL. Oh and you know what else , I would not doubt any reason why anakin could not take on obi wan. I just watched ep1 in fact , and remember how he faces maul. All that energy between these young guys , excellent the fighting was intense I love it. So , Obi was really a grand fighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.