Batman: Dead End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

duffy
Anyone else seen the short Batman fan film dead end?
I just d/led there and was pretty impressed by it all!
and the suprise bout half way through is well cool!!!

everyone should go and d/l it

Evil-X
I heard it cost $30,000 to make. Where did all the money go???

batmanrules
dead end was the best, up until alien got into it, that was a little strange for a batman short film

Daywalker
Funny thing is I just made a Dead End thread in another area because I never saw this one, oops.

But I thought the film was awesome. Clark Bartram really brought Batman to life in a way I haven't seen. The Black and gray costume was flawless and I thought I was watching the live version of the animated series.

The predator and alien was fine seeing how Batman has fought both of them in the comics. The only thing i didn't like was all of the moaning and groaning Batman did while he was getting beat up, very un batlike.

Hegemon875
I thought it was great to, until the stupid alien jumped in and ruined it! And to make it worse it's only about 8 minutes, WTF!!

The One Himself
Yeah, the Joker was perfect! But the Alien x Predator thing F*** the movie.

venomfan
when or where can i see this thing?

The One Himself
>venomfan>

http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/batman_deadend/index.shtml

& Prepare your Quicktime roll eyes (sarcastic)

venomfan
sweet thanks TOH!

Daywalker
I can accept the alien because it's been in DC crossovers before. I think the alien's sole purpose is to get rid of the Joker.

The battle with predator was cool but I just didn't like Batman moaning all loud in pain, just not his style. The movie was great but too short sad

venomfan
i just saw it, awsome!!! the last scene was the best part

slinger
Does anybody know where I can find the 2-disc Batman Dead End DVD with the making-of on it?

BigBad
Hi, Slinger.

Is there defnitely a DVD of BATMAN: DEAD END available? I have not heard or read anything about it - but if there isn't, then there bloody well should be.

Can anybody out there shed any light on this? Is there a DVD?

Gregory
I'd think that would be delicate legally, considering that Dead End includes characters copyrighted by two different companies (three? Does Dark Horse actually own the rights of the movie characters it uses?)

slinger
It's a bootleg.

TheFilmProphet
The DVD was distrubited only to movie executives because the director does not have the rights to the characters the only way you can get is if you download it from some file sharing place like Kazaa but I wouldn't advise you to do it because you can alot of viruses that way wink

slinger
But I've seen the picture. I've seen the cover. The DVD comes with a Making-Of feature thingie.

slinger
And no, I'm not one of those fans who makes crap up.

TheFilmProphet
If you did see the cover and all that than it must be someone trying to profit from the short film and not the director himself. The director handed it out to movie executives and maybe a hundread more to fans at the 2003 Comic Con convention.

slinger
I know all of that, but I was just looking for a place to buy the bootleg.

Mr Zero
You can safely ignore filmprophets "the only way you can get is if you download it" post. It is as usual incorrect.

Get yourself a copy of MoveFX mag issue 7. Its a magazine about the FX industry which comes on DVD - its around 13 bucks including postage.

MovieFX #7 linkage

They dont advertise, because that would violate copyright, but DEAD END is included on this issue in all it's high DVD quality glory.

(And the making of DE is on issue 8.)

SnakeEyes
what is Batman Dead End?

TheFilmProphet
This is Batman Dead End http://www.collorastudios.com/projects/bde/bdemain.htm

Mr Zero
Its a short movie made as a kinda show-off advertisement for the film-makers directing skills. Because it was a non profit making venture he could use the character of Batman (and a few others you would recognize) and it's generally regarded as the most faithfull representation of the bat onscreen so far.

Reborn Again
I have it on Divx. Anyone want a copy? smile

slinger
Thanks Mr Zero. But where can I get this MovieFX #7?

TheFilmProphet
I know you didn't ask me but the answer is you can find it at your local Barner & Nobel book store by the magazines.

Mr Zero
If you cant find #7 at B&N then - follow the linky in my post and order it online.

slinger
Thank you both.

NinjaBunnyFuFu
I was in a comic book store and the owner was watching batman dead end but the dvd also had a few other movies.....the one that i wanna d/l is the robin one does anyone know the name of it

WrathfulDwarf
I recently got a copy and is not a 2 disc DVD. But it does include the documentary on how it was made. Won't comment much on the subject...but the work is trully AMAZING! Well done! thumb up

Knightfall93
I really wanna see it now...

Deicide
I have Batman Dead End downloaded on my computer and it is crystal clear I downloaded it off of Kazaa Lite. alas my computer no longer works sadly. Ive found the "dvd's" on ebay. but u cant really trust that cuz they say it is crystal clear and how do u know for sure? it could be staticy crap. but the short film is well worth checking out. it stars Clark Bartram as Batman and Andrew Koenig as the Joker. i know it is a short but it is my favorite Batman film. id like to know ur thaughts and views when u all get a chance to see it.

WrathfulDwarf
My DVD copy is crystal clear and good quality sound. Downloading lags too much. Plus it comes with the documentary. So, I'm enjoy it.

Knightfall93
LOL, a documentary longer than the film!!!!

Etrigan
Yeah, I loved Dead End. Great fan film.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Knightfall93
LOL, a documentary longer than the film!!!!

Weird, isn't it? stick out tongue

Scarecrow756
I really wanna see it now...

Same here it sounds cool. eek!

500th Post Guys Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Knightfall93
Dude, I've been on less time than you and done more...

Deicide
52nd post y'all!! Happy Dance
its peanut butter jelly time!

Deicide
koolness.....

Etrigan
Dude, I've been on less time than you and done more...

Maybe that is because a good deal of your posts consist of "Grrrr" and "LOL", no?

Anyway, yeah, I liked Dead End. Certainly would get the DVD... the only problem is that the movie is kind of too short to enjoy fully. Other than that, it was pretty good. Excellent fight scene. The whole thing looked real mainstream.

Knightfall93
Actually, most of my posts are reasonably long, it's just I occasionally write short comments... seriously...

Etrigan
I'm not arguing with you, man, so don't worry. That's for the mods to do, if they ever need to.

steverules
I believe I saw some copy's on eBay.

Knightfall93
Good, I'm SO looking into that... but a DVD with dead End and grayson would kick ass...

Deicide
when u watch it let me know what u think....

Knightfall93
I'm only looking into it, it may not be easily available...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.