Who Here Wants PJ To Make The Hobbit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mormegil
Peter Jackson has done such a good job on the Lord of the Rings, why not do The Hobbit? I think it would make an excellent prequal to the movies. What do you think?

chica16
sure...why not

Nefertite
I don't know, I haven't read Hobbit yet rolling on floor laughing

Mormegil
You haven't? Well, it's really good. It's an awsome prequal to the Lord of the Rings, at least in my opinion.

Nefertite
I can't make myself to do it roll eyes (sarcastic) Summer is hot and I don't like being at home smile When it's rainy then I'm in bad mood and too lazy for reading roll eyes (sarcastic) But one day I'll read it.

P-NuT
the hobbit is a great book, and heaps of youngsters will want to see it.

Mormegil
yeah... Heaps of "youngsters"...

P-NuT
yes, forgive the aussie lang ... mate wink

Mormegil
No problem.

Smllfry247
Yeah that is what i said yesterday! since he is done with lotr he should start the hobbit! but it might not be as good cause it doesnt have elijah, viggo or anyone! but he still should!

iluvlotr!
MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! rolling on floor laughing love Happy Dance

billyboyd4ever
yea totally! the hobbit would be great!(tho i agree w/smllfry247 w/the whole different cast thing) oooo but i hope that andy serkis, ian mckellen, and ian holm each keep the parts they had...and who knows, maybe we'll see legolas(orlando bloom) in mirkwood! heheh

chica16
hey if orlando's in it... i'm there

billyboyd4ever
haha laughing out loud

undomiel
ya me too big grin

Sifer
Yep, if there was no Hobbit there would have been no Lord of the Rings. Amazing - and it was all decided from his son who reviewed the book and loved it smile

chica16
that is crazy

Mormegil
Well, Legolas is supposedly the prince of Mirkwood, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that he could be there. Knowing this, one could even assume that he was in the battle of five armies, and therefore could be made to pop up every now and then.

undomiel
I heard from my friend that Peter Jackson was making the movie in a few years
but I dont know if thats really true

Lady Ellie
I have just started reading the hobbit. It is pretty cool! I am not sure if Peter Jackson really wants to film the Hobbit. But I have read somewhere that Ian Mckellen wants to play gandalf if they woud make the Hobbit. That would be grat. But no Legolas.... sad

Darth Alterous
Both the Hobbit and the Silmarillion definitely need to be movies. Seeing LotR was.

billyboyd4ever
yea...but i recently read the silmarillion and i totally understood it, yet i dont kno if it would be understood properly if it were portrayed as a film...maybe im wrong, the plot just seems so complicated

chica16
i agree w/ billyboyd4ever, one good thing about lotr is even if you havent' 'read the books and know everything you still can really enjoy the movie

Mormegil
Well, as I already said, there is a chance that Legolas would be in it. That is because Legolas is the son of Thranduil (the King of the Mirkwood Elves in The Hobbit), and could therefore be seen while still being true to the story. However, one thing that the Directer might do is make Legolas into a main character of the movie. They could, if they wanted to, but it would ruin the movie for any that had read The Hobbit.

billyboyd4ever
the director might what? confused

Mormegil
sorry, I accidently posted the message before finishing it. I must have pressed the wrong button...

billyboyd4ever
o...what were you going to say then?

Mormegil
I edited it, adding in the rest. (That the director might turn legolas into a main character).

Nefertite
Yeah, when I saw movie only then I decided to read the books. big grin

Mormegil
Same here. I mean, my dad was telling me to read the LotR trilogy (plus The Hobbit) every time I was needing to read something, but it seemed too big a book (since it was 4) for me to read at such a young age, so I always said no. But, after seeing the movie, I just couldn't help but want to read the books.

billyboyd4ever
yea thats exactly ow it was for me...i hadnt read the books and i was the only one in my family who hadnt (i mean i was only like 11or 12) and then when i saw the mvoie i HAD to read the books and i fell in love w/them so i also read the silmarillion + the hobbit and i've been wanting to read more and more tolkien ever since...

Mormegil
The following took place in Chronological order:
>Saw The Fellowship of the Ring
>Read The Two Towers
>Read The Return of the King
>Read The Hobbit
>Read The Fellowship of the Ring
>Saw Two Towers (on opening night)
>Read The Silmarilion
>Read Unfinished Tales
>Read The Book of Lost Tales 1
>Read The Book of Lost Tales 2
>Read The Lays of Beleriand
>Currently contemplating the manor in which I can get more History of Middle-Earth materials

Aragorn#1
Happy Dance Happy Dance yes ME TO yes Happy Dance Happy Dance

Isilwen Took
PJ (the great, the fantastic, my god) is actually gonna make the Hobbit.. it's supposed be to for 2006.. I dont know for the Silmarillon..

CaptainInsano
I doubt they will make a hobbit movie because they kind of explain the events of the hobbit in the fellowship at the begginning in the backstory, but still I hope they do, the hobbit is such a great book.

turin
well if they did a film of the hobbit you know it would bring in millions so i think it is very possible. i am hopin for the the tv series that mckellen wants to do. mormegil, check out barnes and noble.com I have gotten all the history's of middle earth books there.

thethief
Oy, what was the order in which Tolkien wrote the books--I thought the Hobbit was before LOTR.

The Hobbit isn't nearly as epic LOTR... it's a pretty good read for anybody, young or old. smile

krassin
i think they should make the hobbit cuz 3 movies just sint enough for me!
but i dont know about the Silmarillion its to complicated the lot is wiered,i started to read it but i gave up

Mormegil
I really don't think they'd ever make the Silmarilion into a movie, but you really should read the book... It's not all as wierd as the beginning. In fact, that's probably the wierdest part of the lot.

By the way, krassin, why the 'yeah...i live in canada..'? Personally, I'd rather be living in Canada than in the USA, at least as far as politics go. At least Canada has the guts to stand up for their principles, for what they believe in. I'm half Canadian half American. I find I have more Canadian in me than American, however, and I think I've got the better part. My current slogan: "Ashamed to be an American. Proud to be a Canadian." So anyway, be proud of what you are. Right now I'm about as patriotic as Bin Laden is Jewish.

And turin, I know of B&N, that's where I got what I have. The problem is that I'm too busy. I've got a ton of summer reading to do, including a book report on The Hot Zone for Honors Science next year, (I'm going into my Sophomore year of High School). And What's more, I've just re-read the Hobbit and LotR, as well as the entire Harry Potter series. So you can imagine how busy I've been. Overall the reason I haven't gotten more books yet is because it would be irresponsible of me to slack off on my required work in order to do some casual reading. Anyway, it's about 4:30 AM here in New England, so I'm going to catch a few hours of sleep.

silentfaf
I hope the hobbit will b made into movie PJ said he'll do it new line asked him too

Hey morm dont ever say ashamed to b american im candain now american and i love it here at least we go n die for what we believe s right.

p.s Im guessing ur french candainl ol

Isilwen Took
ahem... i'm french canadian... anyway.. I've seen an interview and he said he' gonna make it soon! Even if they tell the story in the Fellowship of the Ring. They don't tell the entire book!
(I hope i didn't make a spell mistake here..)
I can't wait to see that movie, it's gonna be great!!

Mormegil
Yes, yes it will... (and by the way, I am not a french Canadian, for your information. But that doesn't mean I think any better of America. I know that Americans are doing what they believe is right, but Canadians are also doing what they believe is right. The French are doing what believe is right, too. Therefore, nobody can say that the other is any less than they are (like Americans saying the French are less than themselves), or something like that. I, however, happen to be both American and Canadian, so whatever I say is for or against my own country. And I say I'm ashamed to be an American because I am. That's just the way it is. But let's no longer discuss such political matters in this forum. I only brout it up because krassin's location said "yeah...i live in canada..", like he were ashamed to be living there. But let's end this here and now, okay?)

silentfaf
::sneer:: i am also both canadain and american im the opposite im ashamed of canada and k lets end it here.

mah
Indeed.

Ushgarak
God yes, please don't bring this kind of talk into these threads.

Isilwen Took
hem.. i think we're out ouf topic a little.. don't you?

Mithrael
I heard that Officially PJ is actually going to make The Hobbit, just not right away, because he's takign a break after making all those movies..but after a bit he's gonna make it. And yes, It's going to have Smeagol/Andy Serkis, Ian Holm, and Ian Mckellen in it....

Mormegil
Cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.