Can we have Polls?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
I know they don't warrant a whole forum but perhaps we could have them in the other forums?

You can enable them by forum.

Just a thought.

theEviljedi
We feel that that is a prevledge RC. When people reach the JC they will be able to use polls INSIDE the JC.

King Jedi
I don't know. I think it has to be discussed before we make a decision. I wouldn't like it if all of a sudden everything was decided by a poll. It kind of defeats the purpose of these forums.

Darth Daft
Not really coz I think we could be rather creative and make polls like on the official site. Ya know the ones like, "Which planet would win the olympics?" and "Who would you vote for Supreme Chancellor?" It would be fun doing things like that.

theEviljedi
Maybe we should ask Raz to put the poll back on the main page. It had questions like who do you think will be the next Anakin,etc. And I agree w/ KJ. When I go to forums that have polls,most of the topics are polls. Like KJ said,having polls really defeat the purpose of the forums. Anyway,I have contacted Raz about the main page poll.

Ratcat
*That's* why I said not in all forums. Why is polls a priveledge?

DD got what I was talking about though.

Perhaps we could make it that only MNods can create polls that we vote and comment it, that way it wouldn't get out of hand.

It was just a thought anyway, please don't blast me. sad

King Jedi
That's a better idea. I think only some people should be allowed to start polls.

Dim
It could be kind of fun..

Ratcat
Exactly, if you let every jackass do it you'd just end up with all kinds of rubbish

Raz
It's not possible to only allow mods access to the polls. Either a forum has a poll and is available to everyone, or it has none at all. Unless someone can prove me wrong smile

King Jedi
There are polls on the JC forum where the mods are. Isn't it possible to start a poll on another forum from there. The same way as a mod would move a topic if it's in the wrong forum. Mods could start a poll on JC and then move it to GDF.

Ratcat
Interesting idea, if it would work. But has the issue of whether to have them been answered yet?

Raz
Check out the next thread, and see if you can vote.

Xizor
I agree with allowing polls outside the JC forum. But ONLY if moderators can be the only ones to create them. It would get to messy if anyone could do them.

theEviljedi
That's a good idea Xiz. Can it be done?

Raz
Yes it can be done, as demonstrated in this thread: pub5.ezboard.com/fepisode...=119.topic

You need to create the poll in the JC, and then ask Dim, UBH or me to move the thread to the forum of your choice.

theEviljedi
But we can't do it ourselves?sad Anyway,I don't think these two are going to want to keep on moving posts.

Raz
I'm pretty sure if its a worthwhile poll, I would be glad to move it for you. Just put a message in it to say which forum you want it in.

theEviljedi
Alright,then.smile

Dim
I'll do it for you too EJ...it's not that big of a deal..

Actually, I can't...UBH and I don't have mod functions in the JC..

Raz
I've just promoted Dim and UBH, to moderate all the forums.
You should be able to help EJ out now.

Dim
Oh...okay smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.