Yoda V.S Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
Who would win? We never saw sidious with a saber ( he looks a little old to be using one) but who do you think has more knowledge with the force and who would win?

KidRock
oh damnit this probley should have gone in EU right?

Rogue Jedi
yeah. dont worry, they will move it.

finti
maybe not EU but in the EP III forum, even though it is most unlikely we will see this fight it can happen so this will stay.....for now

Rogue Jedi
i am SO confused......

Baylin
Yoda! He is older and has more experience. The only reason Dooku got away was because Yoda saved Obi-Wan and Anakin from being crushed!

finti
we know you are

Lucas Sucks!
I'll pretend didnt read this stupid thread.

KidRock
you do that Lucas Sucks and thanks for that little waste of space comment..

Rogue Jedi
agreed, kid rock. an unnecessary comment. and by the way, finti, i am not confused. thats a little thing called sarcasm, which ush says we can ise here. you said that if it didnt happen in the movie, then it it EU. well, yoda and sidious hasnt happened yet. it seems that you move things just because you can. i dont want to start an argument, but its the way i feel. sorry.......

grifta
Well Yoda is the strongest Jedi of the current time, not even Siddious can stand up to him. Let's just say that in the RPG books which are up_to_date show all the stats in numbers for the characters, and before Yoda died his bonuses alone would own the emperor right before he died. the comment regarding his appearance only reason he looks old is because the dark side and how evil you are takes toll on your appearance so he looks nasty because he is nasty. and I remember reading that he actually clones himself because he goes through body like hot knife through butter.

Ushgarak
Whoa- RPG is SERIOUSLY non-canonical! That info is no good, it is simply based on the writer's observations from the film, which is only as good as the observations of any of us!

grifta
Wrong the RPG is EVERYTHING that Lucas can't put in movies. People need to understand that Lucas will not allow anything unless it is true, and has continuity with the movies.

Ushgarak
Not wrong. YOU are wrong- officially speaking, RPG is not canon, full stop. And that is not true about Lucas, he does not personally verify everything, the inadmissability of EU is long established. As EU occupies its own continuity he does not care enough to check all these things so long as they do not blatantly contradict the films.

This is simply the way it is, Grifta.

grifta
Ushgarak, you are being ignorant. If you are so sure about what you preach answer me this, why did Lucas use Coruscant in the movies then? Oh guess you didn't know that Coruscant was actually CREATED by the people who made the RPG books and Lucas loved the idea that they came up with and incorporated it in his movies. so Ush stop being close minded, and realize that the books and RPG are accurate and the movies just incorporate the already written facts.

Ushgarak
Yup. I knew all that. But it changes nothing, and you are the one being ignorant. GL CAN put things from the EU in the films if he wants- why not? But that does not change the fact that it was EU before it wrnt in there, and that EU is not canon according to Lucasfilm itself. This is not close-mindedness, it is knowing the facts.

So stop arrogantly assuming that your opinion overides Lucasfilms own. This is the way things are- period. Keep all further EU comments to the EU section.

grifta
Ush you are being ignorant by thinking that EU isn't star wars... so all the games and books that have been written isn't 'canon' thats just idiotic.. it is EU because IT WAS NOT IN THE FILMS, the films only show the story that of Luke changing Vader back to Anakin and Anakin transforming to Vader those are the movies. But the EU is what won't be in the movies, what we won't ever see visually, but can only read about it and picture it in our minds. Because it is not in the films does not mean it does not exist. Take Darth Maul his book tells about his story, so you are saying that whatever happened in his book never happened, he just appeared out of thin air, and was Sidious's apprentice.Do you see how fallable your argument is..

KidRock
lol so the winner is yoda?
stick out tongue

Ushgarak
No. Can you not read what I am saying or something? Lucasfilm has STATED its canon policy- it is the films. The EU is NOT canon. It is not MY opinion. It is LUCASFILM'S opinion. And it cannot be disputed just because you do not like it.

Further argument is pointless, this is not a matter of opinion, but a matter of fact. This has been explained to you repeatedly, and you are not listening. Continue to not listen and your posts will be edited or moved appropriately.

grifta
Ush go ahead and censor me with you not being able to see that you are wrong. I am done arguing with you because you are too stubborn to see your ignorance, good luck in life with that attitude, EU is only what is not seen in the movies because it is not important to the plot of the movie. EU is what happens that is not in the movies. The best analogy I can give you to RL is this, the us gave back the panama canal to panama, but china bought it within months but don't promote nor ever talk about it, so by what you are saying just because you don't see a chinese flag on the canal it is not owned by them?

Ushgarak
Errr... that is an ENITRLY obscure example... and I am sorry that you cannot see that what Lucasfilm says goes, and that your opinion is irrelevant to that fact, and you are being extremely arrogant by thinking that you can override what Lucasfilm says. I simply appreciate the facts for what they are, you try to deny them and call those that recognise them stupid and stubborn. Odd.

But this argument is done with and my point made clear, back to subject now, please...

Mist
yoda would win. plain and simple

Ushgarak
Hmmm... I dunno.

Rogue Jedi
i dont think we will ever see sidious with a saber.

Lucas Sucks!
Hummmm...... Lucas says that the books are something apart from his star wars world, that none of it is true to the movies, no mandalorians and no tales of the jedi... but oh well he took coruscant, the two side sabers and have all the credit for himself. Like I said.... the real genius behind star wars are the people who are NEXT to Lucas, they created star wars. If it werent for them Chewbacka would be a 7 foot lizard like he invission him.

Rogue Jedi
invission?

Lucas Sucks!
blast! I speak spanish i thought invission was correct! hahaha let me see... humm....... intended him to be might be good? hehehe sorry guys!

and no i dont think we will see sideus with a saber... hopefully not... i believe his not even a sith lord like the others.... i think him more as a wizard that studied the ways of the force and the dark side.... no saber needed.
thats what i thought about Yoda but they screwed it up for me....

Rogue Jedi
it would be"envisioned" . yo habla muy poquito espanol. mi esposa es para ciudad de mexico. your turn to make fun of me. i am only about 30-40% fluent in spanish.

Lucas Sucks!
hehehe yeah i did had fun but its good you know something. We here know english and spanish and americans comes here speaking preety funny.

Rogue Jedi
im learning alot from speaking it around the house with her. we are going to mexico city in october to visit her family, and i wanna be fluent by then.

Lucas Sucks!
some mexican woman are hugely beautiful. They have a funny accent. Go see some mexican films with her... theyre good.

Rogue Jedi
ive always had a thing for latino women. her name is fabiola.

finti
Actually Coruscant was Lucas invension he just allowed some writer to use it in one of the EU books.

Ushgarak
Nor did he 'take' the double-bladed sabre from the EU. That was hardly a unique idea; he decided on it in any case without EU reference.

Ad you are WAY too harsh on GL, LS. That Star Wars has always been a team effort, fine, but that has NOTHING to do with the EU!

Anyway, a return to topic would be nice now...

Lucas Sucks!
humm tell me where the two sided saber came from..... some people worship lucas so much... he did great things but he isnt god.

Ushgarak
Ahem, topic...

Rogue Jedi
chewie was originally gonna be a 7 ft lizard?

General Kaliero
I'll say right now, Lucas has an extreme visionary mind. He can see things, but can't draw them, (or write intelligibly, for that matter) It is true that Lucas has alot of help from everyone around him, but he knows what he wants things to look like. I doubt Chewie ever would have been a lizard.

Now that that matter has been resolved, please get back on TOPIC.

I am holding out for Sidious to pull a saber and fight Yoda in ep III. I think that it would be handled beautifully by ILM and everyone else.

As for the outcome of such a battle, I think Sidious would win, forcing Yoda to go into exile.

KidRock
but it is impossible and will never happen unless in episode III which i highly doubt

Rogue Jedi
i just cant see palpantine wielding a lightsaber.

Lucas Sucks!
he was going to be like a lizard... green... with no fur.... the ewoks were going to be wookies instead of teddy bears... he took a wookie instead at the ends... havent you seen the previzualsation skethches of a new hope.... go look for it and youll see the lizard. The one that didnt changed that much was R2...

finti
is there a link to theses sketches??????

Bicnarok

Darth_Nefarus
If you can bullshit the jedi council, including Yoda himself, you could certainly defeat him. Besides, how would Palpatine's age reflect his sabre skills, Yoda is over 800 but through the force he does backflips and what not. Besides, Sith means warrior, Sidious will throw down some light sabre action that will easily match Yoda's speed.
However, his overconfidence will lead him to believe he destroyed Yoda while Yoda will escape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.