Rap Sucks, Rock Rocks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sk8stuff09
ON MY OPINION, RAP SUCKS. IT ISNT REAL MUSIC. BUT ROCK ON THE OTHERHAND IS AWESOME. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Smllfry247
Rap has a meaning unlike stupid pop and most rock! It actually is like a story! In my OPINION... rock sucks!

happy kine
rap is like the rock music of the 60's. it has a message, like the music then. in the 60's music was about rebellion and rap is no different today. rock today is some funky lookin dude (or gal) whining about how depressed they are, when they have everything they could possibily want... its all power chords and distortion and whining. rap on the other hand is passionate (booty music is not rap) and does have lyrics of what is going on in america today. personally i'm not too big a fan of rap, i'm like classic rock... but this is some good writing......

Yea, I see a place where little boys and girls
Are shells in the oceans not knowin they a pearl
No one to hold 'em while they growin
They livin' moment to moment without a care in the whole world
Now, if I could help it I tell it just like it is
And I may say some things that you don't like to hear
I know this: that people lie, people kneel
People die, people heal, people steal, and people shed tears
What's real, blood spills, gun kill, the sun still - rise
Above me, trust me, it must be, morning - time
Wake up, the stakes up
Everybody want the cake up, to break up with the crew
But when the karma come back for what you do
It's too late to make up - some excuse

mechmoggy
I'm a rock fan, rap doesn't really do much for me. I have some in my collection, but not enough to call myself a proper "fan".

Baylin
Ditto!

Another_Smithy
Rap is'nt too great in my opinoin but said by Happy Kine above it does have a message like rock in the 60's. I think every generation needs that kind of Rebel music but I am not fond of the violent lyrics in some of the songs.

DemonicGambit
I say that rap shouldn't even be categorized with music.

ROCK rules!!!

Captain REX
I'm a hybrid of rock and classical. ColdPlay is awesome to listen to and my dad has a bunch of rock stuff (well, sort of). Classical is also very cool, like soundtracks for films like Star Wars.

DemonicGambit
Yeah classical is really great, but my overall favs are:

Rock
classical
...um that's about it...hehe

diegocala
Honestly all music has it's own story to tell, whether is is easy listening, hard core, rap, rock, country, jazz, folk, classical...etc
You can fight all you want about who likes what, but the point is music is an expression of the artist that created it.

Dexx
must say rock too. THought there are lotz of rap songs that i like.
And by rock and don't mean these newbies (see linkin park) and so on.
I mean the heavy weights: manowar, metallica, aerosmith..etc.

Mafia Girl
I LOVE ROCK!!!! Rap is ok i can tolerate it....but i HATE pop and country.

Dexx
me too

DemonicGambit
I live with a family that revoles around rap so I had to learn to tolerate it

JediOasis
Rock is my favorite kind of music, but some rap isn't bad. I like Outkast's stuff, and even though it seems "popular" Eminem is talented, no matter what you think of him.

DemonicGambit
Eh just cause I tolerate rap doesn't mean its grown on me. And I've heard rap my entire life. I think it just depends on the person

Rogue Jedi
i like the old school rappers: run dmc, epmd, big daddy kane, boogie down productions, eric b and rakim, etc; the only modern rappers i like are the wu tang clan, dmx and naz.

My name is Neo
rock sucks, rap rules, its mo' spiritual
classical is real music though, you got to admit

DemonicGambit
I agree with your concept on classical, but not too fond on your thoughts of rock and rap

My name is Neo
rocks too crazzzy

booniae
I listen to pretty much everything now. When I was younger I just listened to rap. Just depends what kinda mood I'm in I guess... LOL

Boo bunny

GABRIEL05
If classical is real music, why not West African Yoruba drumming?

The_Inevitable
Rap is a bunch of idiots who rhyme and don't have real music.
Rock and Heavy Metal Bands make their own music and are not idiots,
thus I am saying that Rappers are Stupid and Rockers are Supreme

My name is Neo
"If classical is real music, why not West African Yoruba drumming?"
- Gabriel05

what's that?

GABRIEL05
Now now now, don't be no mark ass trick. Rap is music, its just a different way of looking at how to make music. Rap, as I've said before was originally poor pissed off people making whatever music they could with whatever they had. No instruments, no music training, just two turntables and a microphone. Todays rap is just the refined version of that.

Now, IN MY OPINION, 60% of the rock songs out there A)have an average of three chords per song, B)Have a dynamic level of ffffff and C)Sound like every other rock song out there. And Rock isn't that original. Even in the 60's a lot of it was just "white" versions of blues ripoffs.

GABRIEL05
west african yoruba drumming is the root of Afro-Cuban (salsa merengue, mambo,) music. Don't even get me started on clave.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
rap is the best in my opinion. I really "HATE" rock. My opinion
I also like classical music. Happy Dance

The_Inevitable
The only Rock bands I like are the older ones, Such as KISS, Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz, and Metallica.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Rock is terrible music (my opinion). Lyrics are terrible, loud, gets boring, and makes me angry by just listening to it. (sorry to those who like rock music)

unrpunk
rap is awsome! it takes real talent, like a god-given talet to think up the beats, and then put an entire song together of rhyming words and have it make sense! too much rock sounds the same, i like some of it, but only when it sounds unique, the stuff on the radio all sounds like the same artist, too many people think they can be musicians in rock, but they add nothing new to the artform, but rap keeps changing and new artists bring new art.

LindsIsTightK
I don't have a problem with rap, but I prefer to listen to rock. I listen to most every kind of music there is

h0ck3yh0rr0r
I agree with unrpunk.

diegocala
This works both ways...check it out...

rock is awsome! it takes real talent, like a god-given talet to think up the beats, and then put an entire song together of rhyming words and have it make sense! too much rap sounds the same, i like some of it, but only when it sounds unique, the stuff on the radio all sounds like the same artist, too many people think they can be musicians in rap, but they add nothing new to the artform, but rock keeps changing and new artists bring new art.

Vincent Rendar
I like them both, why does it have to be one way or the other. Both have their strong points. The real enemy here is society, it tells us that we have to like ont type of music instead of being versatile. I say fu** that, i love it all....minus country and metal. LOL. Hell Ill jam to celtic music.... Thats my opinions. Shoot, i love it all....ICP, Linkin Park, 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake, P. Diddy....Thats how i gets down.

DemonicGambit
Okay...

I like rock

ChinaNiki
I like rock the most, but I'll listen to just about anything. I'm not crazy about jazz or new age though.

scifigunslinger
I like rap and rock, but I also like the combination-Rap-Rock. smile

scifigunslinger
Pop SUCKS!!!!!! mad

mOvIeMaNiAc14
i absolutely despise cRAP...and i spell it the way it should be spelled! to anyone who thinks cRAP is their life story...it's people singing about their women, their money, and their drug problems! how could that be you peoples life story?! listen to some good music like nuMetal, Heavy Metal, Grunge, Rock, or anything else along those lines. LISTEN TO BANDS LIKE: BUSH, new found glory, oleander, pressure 4-5, the ataris, slipknot, sevendust, etc.! rock is here to stay and cRAP is gonna go a flushin down the crapper!!!!

hayden's minx
That's very bleak, so we can't have more that one fave genre? You have to remember that each of these types of music conflict and inspire each other, early jazz for instance can be traced through to modern rock and rap. the dude who started this thread - I take it that you like skating - thats cool so do I. I though, like different types of music in order to have evidence of why a certain genre is my fave. All of your arguments are good but still you should listen to more different types. and its a bit of a large subject - I like altern rock, classical rock but not new rock so what's that about. Skatestuff09 - I recommend you try NWA. That is all.

hayden's minx
BTW - Slipknot = Slipshit.
Listen to a good variety of music:
Ash, Bloodhound Gang, The Coral, The Thrills, Grateful Dead, Led Zepplin, ACDC, Sublime, Richard Ashcroft, Bush, Wheezer, the verve, Ocean colour scene, Greenday, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Thrills, Foo Fighters, Jamiroquai, Rob Zombie, NWA, hole, Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz, Murder music Inc, and more.

Rogue Jedi
i like: helmet, chevelle, metallica, danzig, butthole surfers, the melvyns, the pretenders, my life with the thrill kill cult, foo fighters, nirvana, audio slave, rollins band.

le_sainte
wut about reggae?!
laughing out loud

sk8stuff09
ok, ok, i admit it, SOME rap is ok, but i like rock. oh, and usually rappers dont have much talent. u usually dont see them playing and instrument. just talking into a microphone with a dj in the background....

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ok ok i admit SOME rock is ok...actually no. Rock sux (my opinion). I only listen to rap...and sometimes classical music.

wicker_man
Actually some of todays music has become the infusion of rap & rock, Limp Bizkit,Linkin Park are just two well known rock groups that have endorsed lyrical rhyiming (sp) similar to that of Eminem and The Beastie Boys the same works in reverse Bands like N*E*R*D encompass guitars and drums into certain videos (i.e Rockstar) to give it that rock effect, much down to the guitar solos, much so this song was a favourite on the rock only music channels, The Executioners and P-Diddy have also infused rock into certain of there songs with the arrival of members from Linkin Park,Static X,Blink 182 & Janes Addiction,anyone who has heard of the punk band The Transplants will know they use rap (similar to that of Eminem) in certain song segments i expext this fusion to fuse even tighter together as time goes on, And who cannot forget the biggest rap,rock infusion of them all Aerosmith and RUN DMC,two masters of there respected genres together in one of the most innovative combos in music history.

diegocala
Hey, hockey, How many times are you going to post the same post?
Rap, Classical music...yeah we got it

h0ck3yh0rr0r
as much as i want...

hayden's minx
Linkin Park and Limp Biscuit are pure shite

mechmoggy
Hiya Minxy, long time no...... errrrr write.

I like LP, although the 1st album was much better than the recent one. Limp Bizcrap are just plain awful, I can't see the attraction at all to that train wreck of an album.

I'm buying the Kings of Leon and the Coral album next Friday. cool

GABRIEL05
In my opinion, here are the whackest kats in their respective field;

Rock: limp bizkit. korn (now), Linkin Park, No Doubt
rap: Nelly, Black Eyed Peas, Stagga Lee
anything else: Rick Braun, Rick Braun, and ummmm Rick Braun

NERD is kinda whack, except for they have top notch production and I just like them...

Evil-X
Rap is good, everyone who says raps sucks, are just jealous, and mad because they can't get down with the real shit.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i agree rap ownz

Walter Simard
Except for rap, I like all kinds of good music, but I do favour classic rock.

royal_jester
Depending on how you feel...Some people like Rap and some people like Pop...In my words Rap is pointless except for the talent of LINKIN PARK---You can not understand what the hell these people are saying (I am not talking about Linkin Park here) I am talking about those other crappy Rap artists that think their music is music __NOW COME ON PEOPLE... laughing out loud

GABRIEL05
are...you...serious? You have to be kidding!?! Linkin Park? Their MC isn't shitty, but he can't even hold a candle to Nelly. And Nelly sux! I've heard middle schoolers come up with music that has more depth and imagination than Linkin Parks WHACK ASS TRACKS. Linkin Park has like all the bad aspects of Rock Rap and Pop. And don't even get me started on their whiny ass singer...

but hey thats your opinion your entitled

sk8stuff09
I THINK PUNK ROCK IS AWESOME...YEAH, IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH TO BE A RAPPER...U DONT NEED MUCH TALENT..WELL, THE NEW STUFF LIKE 50 CENT AND LUDACRIS IS JUST TRASH CUZ THEY R A BUNCH OF POT HEADS, BUT THE OLDER R&B AND BLUES IS COOL!

GABRIEL05
Hey Man! I agree with you on the 50 cent thing, but Ludacris is hilarious. He's not rappin about more than sex, drugs, and rap, but he does it with an entertaining faculty that few other rappers have. To put it bluntly Ludacris is just, well,...so Ludicrous.

hayden's minx
Yup Kings of Leon are pretty sound - hey Mechmoggy - did i say i nearly got to go see the thrills? got cancelled though sad - and now i'm here so i can't go to a different gig. sad

mechmoggy
The Thrills are top notch, their album's getting a lot of playing in my car in this hot weather we're having here in Blighty.

Also the Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is back in my car, it rocks! cool

ObieTrice 26
i dont usualy listen to rock,but i admit LimpBizkit is sorta kinda ok,they did that 1 song wit Xzibit

royal_jester
Yes people are entiled to their opinion...some people like Rap and some people like Jazz...Sorry to say that rap sux but i am entiled to my opinion..And don't bash linkin park.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/toot.gif

sk8stuff09
i guess your right gabriel. i never really listened to what ludacris was saying. he just seemed like one of those kinds guys...my bad..

ragesRemorse
im a Rock fan hrough and through out, mostly classic rock but still some modern rock i love 3-doors down, jimmy eat world and old metallica. and as far as Rap goes yeah most of it blows and doesnt deserve respect like all those damn rappers goin on about how many hoes they nail and flashin money, guns and hot cars in your face i htink that just pretty much gives a negative message, and just because some people can talk really fast doesnt mean a damn thing when your speaking at a 6th grade reading level and making up words that dont exist, but then again some rap artists are lyrical genuises who have a point or a msseage in there art which should be greatly respected, i htink its always great to take your life and try and teach others the paths not to take in life but sadly like all music most rappers just get into it for the money and dont care what crap they spew off on people... LED ZEPPELIN all the way

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i agree with you in some ways but not all rappers get into it for the money...some do like 50 cent, ludacris, nelly and all does other crap rappers.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Run DMC, Tupac and Biggy have best lyrics

wicker_man
Kurt Cobain = Tortured Genius

GABRIEL05
OK OK!! GOT A JOKE!!

What did Kurt Cobain say before he shot himself?

Man! Holes' gonna be big

ha ha *snort* ha ha ha

man I'm gonna pay for that joke. Oh btw I'm just curious why you think he's a genius. I think he's clever, but genius would take some convincing.

Korri
thats not funny Kurt is my hero!! and he couldnt of shot himself twice in the head i still believe that Courtney Love is to blame for his death!!

Aragorn#1
In rap music ( if u want 2 call it that) all they do is talk about how big n bad they are cool , and dissing on people. And all they say is "brbbrbrbrb-F@#K-brbrbrbr-Motha F@#KER-brrr" you cant even understand half the words they say. If the word F@#K didnt exist then Rapers would talk a hole lot less.

Rock Rules!!!! rock rock Happy Dance Happy Dance

ObieTrice 26
for ppl who actualy listen to rap,they probably can understand what they say,ive memorized whole songs just by listenin,now its guys like Marilyn Manson that scream so f**kin loudly that i cant understand

wicker_man
Not all rock artists shout a common misdemeanour associated with rock,
For examples of non shout rock artists listen to:

Muse
Smashing Pumpkins
Zwan
Radiohead
The Darkness
The Strokes
The Datsuns
The Kennedy Soundtrack
Foo Fighters - I suggest there unreleased single material.
Nirvana - Look beyond Smells Like Teen Spirit
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Wildhearts

The above are bands that manage to mix excellent music,with hard hitting lyrics and emotions without having to result to shouting.

All opnions within this thread are welcomed and adknowledged and here is my personal opnion on this particular thread.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
I dont see how people can listen to Rock music? Doesn't it get annoying? Yes there are SOME rock songs that are good...Rap has great meaning listen to the song by Tupac feat Phil Collins- In the Air Tonight. Kick ass song...

Killer
cRAP!!

I can't beilive people would actully listen to this shit and call it MUSIC!!

turn the ****in tv on to any music channel and just listen to what they are saying.. and the music video is suppose to be their way of showing you what the songs means in their eyes.. well all i EVER so is some skany **** walkin around in a thong and bra hanging around some mother ****er.... PEOPLE!!! what meaning is that.. they wanna screw her and sing about it.. oo yeah i for got " i am a mother ****in PIMP" WOW! do you wanna metal... last time i checked PIMP isn't something to be proud of.. well our Music these days is ****ed up anyways.. i am not suprised..

ObieTrice 26
What the f**k?uh....o.....k.....

ObieTrice 26
sorry,its just,wow ive never seen nebody go on and on like that

Killer
lol.. tis k..
i do that.. esp when it is something i extremly dislike..

Killer
i could go on even more but it's 5 in the morning and i am a little tired..

ObieTrice 26
ive done that a few times,but i dont do it normaly

Killer
haha.... you 2 smile

i like venting.... : evil face

ObieTrice 26
its 5:00 where u are?its 6:45 over here,i cant sleep...

Killer
me either.. dammit..

crazy_rock_chic
Rock 'nuff sed

h0ck3yh0rr0r
man this rap vs rock war is gonna go on forever...hate rock

Killer
uh.. it's only 5 pages long.. smokin'

ragesRemorse
yeah and when its a 100 pages long rap will still suck, all you people who say rock doesnt have meaning have meaning have never listend to real rock try listening to some classic rock, classic rock was the first kind of music to incorperate politics and worldwide racism in the lyrics, classic rock has touched on every thing that pleagues this world, and they actually use real music that they create, instead of using syntesizers and effect boards. just because you can talk real fast doesnt mean your an artist but unfortunatley thats what people believe toay and about 90% of rappers dont even know what there talkin about when they slap there words together and the shit they rap about say happend to them never did, but some rap artists are talented when it comes to finding lyrics

Killer
*points up*

what they said

GABRIEL05
no

Evil-X
Like I said all who don't like rap, are punks that can't hang.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ragesRemorse: 90% wtf u talking about just stfu...you talking out of your ass...music is music...what do you care listen to your crock i mean rock and we'll listen to our rap...so stfu and some rap artists are talented when it comes to finding lyrics?...hell no....alot of rappers are talented when it comes to finding lyrics...i can name a million rappers that have great lyrics...

ragesRemorse
yeah and they all rap about what the last rapper rapped about, how many times can you listen to how some "homie" came from the ghetto sellin drugs and blastin caps in people to get where they are, thats what the majority of rap boils down to

ObieTrice 26
laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
SO DO ALL RAPPERS
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

ObieTrice 26
some rock is idiotic, all i have to say is "Chocalate Starfish And The Hotdog Flavoured Water"...

ragesRemorse
i dont know what limp bizkit are, i think there failed rappers and rockers who banded together, i cant say anything bad about them though there for the fans and they give free concerts thats just respectable

Killer
cRAP sucks.
point made!

ragesRemorse
Agreed

h0ck3yh0rr0r
how some homie came out of the ghetto what have u been listening to...yes some stupid rappers rap about the ghetto but im talking about real rap like tupac, Run DMC, DMX and a few more

Killer
well you have some sense in you..

I can't stand the shit like 50cent, snoop dogg, umm... and other SHIT like that..
they ALL sing about girls, butts, bling bling, and ****in

whoop whoop.. such great music.. *rolls eyes*

ObieTrice 26
i like DMX big grin

diegocala
HEY! I like those things! evil face wink

Killer
well it's not something to sing about sleep

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well you have some sense in you..

I can't stand the shit like 50cent, snoop dogg, umm... and other SHIT like that..
they ALL sing about girls, butts, bling bling, and ****in
-KILLER

I hate those rappers that sing about all their belongings cars, jewlery, etc...how stupid can u get...50 cent, snoop dogg, and other stupid rappers...im not against rap i luv rap but those rappers SUCK..they give a bad name to rap...
Tupac, Dr.Dre, Dmx, Run DMC and afew more rappers are the best...

Killer
well it seems all the little rap fans like all the 50 cent snoop dog shit... why i can't say cRAP is any good.. no meaning in it all..

Mafia Girl
No offence...but i think alot of you should stop getting all pissed off because someone doesnt like the same music as u do...we all have our own opinion...i could care less if someone said whoever listens to rock is a loser cuz i know they are just trying to get on my nerves or make some dumb point....so heres my point be a little my open minded about music.....i like alot of diffrent things even though i just named a few on my first post

Killer
blah blah blah blah blah....

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol ahahha

Mafia Girl
nice cocky remark... immature teen im guessing...sry bout that i have alot on my mind..kinda depressed...i get kinda angry when im depressed

GABRIEL05
DMX??!?? C'mon man... At least say Rza or Andre3000, hell even Ludacris. At least he's entertaining

People generalize to much when it comes to rap. And you know what I DON'T BLAME THEM! After all most of their exposure to rap is the radio, MTV, BET (oh gawd not BET) or some other controlled hype ass form of media whose SOLE purpose is to make money. Rap and Hip-Hop are being exploited. Shit even Rock is (you know this to be true). But it's not being exploited by the musicians, but by record companies, and other such evil influential bassturds!! Makes me wanna holla and throw up both my hands!

Oh gawd and don't even get me started on smooth jazz. Please don't!

Killer
who doesn't get angry when their depressed??

ObieTrice 26
laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
"im talking about real rap like tupac, Run DMC, DMX and a few more"-----hockeyhorror... i said the majority of rap is like that wiht pointless meaningless jibberish, i agree tupac,Dmx and even outkast give visions and meanings in there music, but like most music today crap dominates just about every corner of every genre of music, and thats due to MTV because tehy tell alot of music consumers whats good and whats not, you know there used to be atime when they were about all music

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ludacris sux, i hate his music

ragesRemorse
ludacris is about as bad as nelly do you like canibus?

diegocala
I have some ludacris canibus at my house right now! smokin'

bigbadbike2
I personally feel depressed when I am depressed. stick out tongue

bigbadbike2
Exactly. I don't like Rap all that much but it does have it's purpose. I do wish that Rappers would branch out from the basic topics (sex, drugs, and money.) It seems that they say/rap lots of words but no thoughts every come out. Kinda like some of the people you meet they keep speaking but they never make any points. Sadly, this is true of most music genres today. I believe that lots of people that make it in the music industry today just want money they don't care about expressing themselves and having a purpose. Maybe we should start a new musical style called music for dummies and put all the meaningless songs in that category.

diegocala
That is why I keep the ludacris canibus around big grin

ragesRemorse
yeah its all ok with a marley spliff

Killer
really? well that's something different ...

crazy_c
I like all music

kissarmy001
Rap is horrible. It'll end up as a joke, like disco most likely. Rock n' roll has talent, and gets the fans rallied up. Rap just gets the fans to use improper english and commit crimes, why sacrifice all that for a horrible music with no talent involved?

GABRIEL05
Well I thought I made ignorant generalizations. I've seen middle school concert bands with a whole freakin shitload, and I mean A BIG @$$ MOUND OF SHITE load of talent than half the Rock'n Roll bands out there. As for rap, well, just like in anything, art science or otherwise, there's good and there's bad. Unfortunately what's selling, is mostly mediocre. Besides I'm fairly confident that MTV, BET, VH1, and the radio are most of the people who denegrate rap's only exposure to the music. I mean because lets face it: big business is controlling what types of music and artists get exposure, and their sole interest is $$$$$. I know it's hard, but try not to judge music by what media tells you, but rather talk indepth to someone who digs the music (with an IQ mind you) and see why they like it. It might open your mind...

And with that I leave you all in the good graces of the banana Happy Dance

h0ck3yh0rr0r
gj gabriel..very well done and the banana finsihed off the whole thing quite nice so gj

Phoenix
ROCK, all the way!

el_barto
nice touch pheonix that was funny mmmmmmmmmmm pheonix

el_barto
phoenix*

RAP CAN SUCK BIG FAT MONKEY BALLS. It sucks BIG TIME.

EMOPUNK ALL THE WAY!

Krazz
I hate bands who don't recognise the people playing the instruments, like if you take most rock bands, theres a singer, guitarist, drummer, bassist. Take most pop bands, theres 1-20 singers. (Blazin Squad, how many singers do you need?) But thanks to wanabe skaters coming to rock after the death of a lot of pop, theres bands like 'Busted' who dont play their own instrumens, but prance around on stage holding guitars and and a bass. Most rock bands appreciate the people behind the music, thats why they are a band, not a solo artist.

word

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i like rap...anyone got a problem?

ragesRemorse
any kind of music thats produced on a synthesizer or sound effects board is not music, its just an attempt

diegocala
let me guess...and classical too?

GABRIEL05
COUGH COUGH *BULLSHIT!! UTTER BULLSHIT* ENDCOUGH

The Omega

Metroplex
Some of the lyrics in Limp Bizkit songs sound like rap. Even Fred Durst the lead singer in Limp Bizkit free styles.

And dont forget Linkin Park. they rap in their songs and they sound great.

BackFire349
rap music is to repetitive for me. and what rap is meaningful, its all whining about growing up in the hood and how all girls are hoe's. shallow stuff. rap = Retards Attempting Poetry

ragesRemorse
anyone can sit down at a synthesizer and put shit that sounds good together, its not very hard and its even easier to record mindless lyrics on top of it. 95% of rap is garbage and 95% of modern rock is equally as garbage Rock just has a talented entertaining past. When done correctly Rock can be great, when done correctly rap still far from being music

My name is Neo9
hey you gotta have skillz to rap fo'smile

ragesRemorse
If you have a 5th grade reading level and can talk fast. you can be a rapper

robincooper
what about rap rock? rock and rap in some cases it works like rage but in bands like faith no more...... no! i don't like rap on it's own, it's boring and without talent where as with rock, the music behind it is interesting

h0ck3yh0rr0r
did you know you need talent to do basically anything so dont say rap doesn't have talent

ragesRemorse
you only need talent to perform somthing above your usuall abilities or things other people cant do. everyone can talk fast, and most of them have a highschool education at least, making them already more talented than rappers. They just arent black and havent lived in the hood

worldindustries
I llike havey metal ,rock,metal rap sucks country is scary I can't see how them country folks wear them tight pants there so uncomptfer and they say howdie yall it is just scary I wear baggy clother them tight pant are for girls.

shadow_angel
Agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.