Another question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alex-Neo
Why dose smith want to get out of the matrix i mean in M1 he says to morph tht he wants the codes cos then he dosent need to be there any more well wouldent being thier be better thn being deleted?...and why the hell do the machines need the pass codes to Zion when they are digging under ground i mean did they think that the people in Zion would just let the machines go through the frount door??

nickjs21
smith hates being surrounded by humans. he tells morpheus "it's the smell . . ." and he feels infected just being around us.

i don't know for sure he'd be deleted, but you've got a point . . . how would a program exist outside the matrix? maybe they'd reinsert him into a sentinel or something, if that's possible.

in m1, they wanted zion's access codes because they had not yet begun their digging attempt.

SpikeSpiegel
yeah it'ld make it easier for them to just go through the door rather than dig their way in.

Dexx
i've asked this before..but to no avail.
I don't know why smith asked for the codes. The codes aren't for the 'front door as you say' but for the mear location of zion. ADn why would they need it when the already know where it is..

pslice
we'll probobly fimd out in revolutions

Korri
hurry up November...im 2 impatient 2 wait lol

nickjs21
see the thing is . . . in m1 they didn't know where zion was, in my opinion. remember in final flight of the osiris, the whole crew is like, "oh crap, they're digging right above zioin's location!" (obviously not a direct quote) they seemed pretty surprised that the machines knew where to dig.

so that would be why it was so important to get the codes in the first one, and then all of a sudden they didn't care in the second one.

which makes me think either they just figured out where zion was, or they were tipped off? could be a development in revolutions.

nickjs21
well wait a minute . . . then there's the whole thing the architect said, that zion's already been destroyed five times. that would have to mean zion was in a different location each time then, right? otherwise they'd destroy it much sooner.

Dexx
what do machines care what the humans think.
there are two main questions:
1. If they didn't know in M1 then how did they find out in M2?
2. If they did know in M1 then why were they questioning morpheus about it?

nickjs21
exactly my point. they must have not known, or they wouldn't have questioned morpheus. so yes, the question is, how did they find out?

what do you mean by, "what do machines care what the humans think"?

Korri
machines dont have emotions so they dont care...they just kill

Dexx
yeah, yeah..i just missread something

Korri
oh ok

Ikobe
Nuh-uh. In fact, this is the whole reason for the Matrix smile

There are two types of machines - the kind that simply do jobs, such as your average computer, function-only, and then there are AI, the sort that humans created and made the huge mistake of treating as function-only machines. Of course, with their artificial 'emotions', the machines got thorougly pissed off, and B166ER or whatever his name was (I forget) turned against his obnoxious owner... we get the picture. The machines that are used in Zion at the docks, etc, are function-only machines. The Sentinels and all the other above-ground machines are generally all AI.

~Agent Ikobe (which, coincidenally, initialled is 'AI'...)

nopy
Smith wanted the codes for the zion mainframe in M! not its location. Th epoint being that if the machines could hack the Zion mainframe it would all be over for the humans in the real world. Their city would perish withought its mainframe

Ikobe
And as long as humans exist, the Matrix will exist, and as long as the Matrix will exist, Smith will be an upset ickle Agent, and we can't have that.

nickjs21
actually, it's the other way around. the matrix doesn't exist because humans are still alive; humans are still alive because the machines want them plugged into the matrix. but that's not the point.

you make it sound like smith doesn't want the matrix to exist. not true. smith, in m1, was still an agent, so his desire was the machines' collective desire. what they all wanted, he wanted. and none of them want the matrix to cease to exist, obviously. they just want to destroy zion, and the resistance. smith wants this especially because once there is no resistance, there is no need for agents in the matrix.

Korri
u have a point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.