Does anybody die in Return of the King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aragorn129
Hey, I'm new to Lord of the Rings...... and i would like to know who dies, if anybody dies in Return of the King.

undomiel
gollum dies

undomiel
opps... sorry

Aragorn129
how does he die

Metroplex
Heheh i love this part. First he bites Frodo's finger off when Frodo has the ring in it, then he is so happy that he gets his ring back that he starts dancing. But he dances to the edge where he falls into the fiery pit of Mount Doom. Theoden dies in Pellenor battle. Denethor, Faramir's and Boromir's father commits suicide.

billyboyd4ever
yea....its kinda depressing...hey i forgot...does saruman die too, or does he just go crazy?

Metroplex
He dies when he scourged the Shire, his spirit rose from his body and then went west.

http://www.theonering.net/movie/char/index.html

billyboyd4ever
k thanks...sorry im rereading the books right now for a good reason obviously big grin

BOPRecruit 16
king theodon, denethor *boromir and faramir's dad*, gollum, saruman *not sure*, sauron *duh and his orcs, and shelob. this isn't a spoiler for those of you who bothered to read the books.

Bad Grima
Grima Wormtongue dies in ROTK mad he's definitely the best, so it sucks that he dies. Eowyn also dies along with saurmon, smeagol, theoden, and faramir's dad

turin
Eowyn doesnt die. She recovers in the house of healing. Sarumans spirit leaves him and heads west, but doesnt it then get turned away and it kind of disapates. I guess if you count the appendices then nearly every one dies, aragorn, arwen, eomer, etc....

chica16
yeah eowyn doesn't die she marries faramir

billyboyd4ever
yea i dont kno what you were talking about...why did you think that eowyn died

Mormegil
Sauron actually doesn't die... He just becomes perminently diminished, a weak spirit unable to take any sort of physical form.

By the way, did you know that the name "Sauron" means "foul-smelling one?"
(Elvish; Quenya dialect)

billyboyd4ever
no i didnt....but im not sure if that is the purpose of this thread...hey and by the way if you wanna count flashbacks from ROTK, then smeagol's childhood friend deagol dies too, when they show smeagol as his normal appearance (one of the riverfolk)

Darth Alterous
Sauron was only banished into the Void where Morgoth was banished too. In the film, unfortunately the Shire scouring was cut out, so Saruman dies in Isengard.

I don't think the orcs passed away. They will come back in the Dagor Dagorath - The Last Battle, where the Dark Lords shall return but suffer defeat, and die forever, and Arda will begin anew!

Aragorn129
so wat happens to frodo, aragorn, gimli and legolas

Metroplex
Frodo sails away i think with Gandalf, Sam and Bilbo.
Gimli sails with Legolas.

billyboyd4ever
sam doesnt sail away, he marrys rosie, that girl in the beginning of the FOTR movie who he dances with. they have like 15 kinds...its crazy

billyboyd4ever
o sorry i meant *marries*

Metroplex
I just checked my book and in the Apendix, Sam went to the Grey Havenes and the crossed the Sea after Rosie died.

Fire
maybe this thread should get a spoiler tag in the topic

billyboyd4ever
o ok...i must have forgotten that part

cgtuna21
King Theoden dies Grima Wormtongue dies Gollum dies and saruman dies

cgtuna21
oh and denethor dies

Aragorn129
wat about aragorn

billyboyd4ever
no he stays alive and become sking of gondor and marrys arwen

Smllfry247
he marries arwen right?

billyboyd4ever
yep

billyboyd4ever
i cant wait to see the wedding

Laviera_j
Ha! I can't wait to see golumn bte off frodo's finger!

undomiel
I cant wait to see the Arwen and Aragorns wedding
its gonna be so cute smile

pinksuezo
shelob dont die. she scuttles off to her cave. like dr. zoydberg at the beach.

muse5
I'm so glad that grima dies, but since there will be no scouring of the shire, i wonder how he will get killed(people who read the book know what i'm talking about) i read somewhere that eowyn will kill him, ahh who knows,

undomiel
I heard that they are going to show Arwen and Aragorns death in ROTK
but im not sure

chica16
that will be sad :*(

undomiel
ya
thats really gonna be sad sad

SlayerChick1188
Happy Dance that's great! Happy Dance

i know the bananas dont look like crustacaens, but oh well...

Smeagol
They are definitely going to show Aragorn dead....

chica16
i heard legolas is going to kill grima... but who knows

Smeagol
FACT: They have filmed 8 different endingd for ROTK and severeal deaths for Saruman...

chica16
that's craziness! lol i think they should use the ending involving legolas coming to my house and we have fun

FreeMason
I don't understand one thing...it's not in the book but the appendix, but should be in the movie.

Why does Aragorn die and go west with Gimli? Frodo and Legolas...but Arwen is left behind to die alone on top of that hill in Lothlorien?

Why doesn't she go west with Aragorn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.