david Thewlis has been confirmed, but can you see the Lupin in him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Laviera_j
David Thewlis Is Lupin... I dunno, the accent kinda gets me...

What do you guys think?

Check ou the picture of him... sick

aragorniscool45
i dont think he looks like lupin

Laviera_j
I know!

Well, we are stuck with him tho, it's confirmed! mad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

masterofmatrix
hey if its his hair he can get a hair cut and a plastic surgeon can also help him along with make up people from movies but other than that Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo<stops for breath& gt;noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

aragorniscool45
LOL

SiriusBlackRIP
He is the guy out of Dinotopia. I haven't been pleased ever since i heard he was gonna be Lupin. Gary Oldman as Sirius Black fair enough a reputable actor i can see the Black in him but Thewlis. No sorry.

Laviera_j
yeah, you guys are right on track! My friend thinks he's cute! can you believe it????????? Oh my lord, what is it coming too...

Gary Oldman for Black os cool. Can you believe that's him in Hannibal as the disfigured dude?!?

eek! devil

sanoschicky69
i know! gary Oldman rocks! i just can't see thewlis as Lupin...i didn't like branagh as lockehart, either sad

Laviera_j
Yeah, branagh was a bit...old actually, they seem to choose very old peopl...

Well, I love GO, sirius is ok, I actually read book three again, but picturing G.O as him...kinda works...

But Thewlis...NO WAY! cant do it...to wierd! embarrasment mad

sanoschicky69
right! Thewlis.........ugh....some ofthe casting isn't all that great, unfortunaitly, ya know?

Laviera_j
Yeah, wats up with that???? messed

Why couldn't they have cast...I dunno...sum1 else!

Have you heard him talk????? VERY BAD ACCENT - kinda peasant slave meets snotty ugly guy... HEE HEE! big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Laviera_j
PS, check out the thread I started called anyone got a topic, it has a carry on Harry story on it, please do continue with the story for kicks...

Laviera_j
has everybody gone away??????

BOPRecruit 16
i cannot picture thewlis as lupin. i pictured someone slightly younger and better looking.

Laviera_j
MUCH better looking I', sure, but who knows...lets not judge the guy.

Gary Oldman tho is good for Sirius, could he do him justice, I think so...

doomboy
David Thewlis is a fantastic actor, and the picture used at the start of this thread is a terrible shot of him.

I think if he loses a lot of weight, he'll be perfect. Lupin needs to look really wasted and scraggy, and Thewlis will be able to pull this off perfectly.

DB xxx

Laviera_j
Yeah, I guess so, it's just I love the character in the book so much...

But I have seen Thewlis in a lot, and I am sure he will be great!

Can't wait.

sanoschicky69
yeah, i guess we'll have to wait for the movie, ya know? LAMBORGHINI! lol.

frootlooplucy
i have nothing against Gary Oldman, i just dont think hes the Sirius type. i could be wrong though, you never know what make-up can do.
Thewlis looks like a pirate in that pic, but again, you never know.

Psylocke
that guy is gonna play lupin? He really doesn't look like what I had pictured. oh well, can't please everyone..

BOPRecruit 16
from the picture i saw of gary as sirius, i pictured him different in the books. oh well.

crackhead-07
Thewlis is going to be awesome! yes That picture is just a very bad one of him, I've seen much better. Lupin isn't supposed to be attractive, he's supposed to be average, like Thewlis, not some 20 year old actor. And he his accent is cool, I think. It's just a bit Yorkshire-ish. big grin He'll make us proud as Remus, just like Gary Oldman will do for Sirius.

IBTonks
i don't know....sorry to contradict u guyz, but i can kinda see the Lupin in him.... i mean yeah sure, there are way better ppl out there for the job..i think thats quiet a young pic of him tho...we will just have to wait until he's in his Lupin gear before we can really tell!

snapesnuggler
Perhaps some more natural pics of him would be a tad more insightful? here we are...

snapesnuggler
And another...

sadge
noooooo thewlis looks like i think its luke skywalker from.....erm........oh yeh star wars noooooo poor lupin poor lupin nooooooo
no no no no no no no no no no

sadge
oooh i never saw these pictures i take it back
but i dont think he suits lupin

Phoenix
I still want Johnny Depp as Sirius!! I'm not sure who as Lupin, I thought someone a bit like Uncle Ginger is supposed to look from the book The Queen's nose' but thinner. He's tall, brwn hair swet back and greying at temples... brb, I'll try to find a piccie.

~fuoco~
i second that Phoe!! Johnny as Sirius!!
I thot Lupin was supossed to be kinda goodlooking-charming ... ew but this bloke? no he's too old and stuck in the 70's and S-L-I-M-E-Y!!! I liked branagh as lockhart, he did a good job being all slimey and cheesy... maybe he was jus being himselfno expression

morfirithwen209
i never pictured lupin like that...

morfirithwen209
i thought lupin was more handsome no wacko but maybe he'll do good confused

Shield_Eowyn
Hmmm....I always imagined lupin as being a bit older..........oh well, special effects and make-up can do wonders these days.
I think they should have got the people who did LOTR casting to do it, they rok!!!!!

airangel429
Well with the new pics....I think he might actually be OKAY as Lupin...as for Sirius....yeah I agree...Johnny Depp for the part! ha! big grin

snapesnuggler
I thought those Pictures would change your minds... wink

I'm good at tracking down pics big grin

Luv Dora

weegie
how do u put a picture in, iv got a pic of him as lupin, but i dont no how to do it, please help!

Howlin4Lupin
DAVID THEWLIS IS PERFECT BEING LUPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

celestial_moon
that pic of thewlis was from dragonheart with dennis quaid. that is a horrible pic of him. and i do second howlin4lupin, he was excellent as lupin.

ladygrim
when i read PoA i pictured lupin more rugid looking ??? obvious rong again tho

Howlin4Lupin
I think atfirst I dident picture David Thewlis as Lupin,I dident picture him like that in the book but I think he was perfect in the movie and now when I read parts of the books I picture him like that so I think he did a really good job (plus I think hes cute!)

ladygrim
when i read a story that isn't a movie YET i never seem to be able to piont an actor to that character

BurnetteBeauty1
he might not have the right hair but he might be good i mean u dont know how well they will be just be looking at a picture of them

crazness
well..to tell you the truth..i thought David did an awesome job playing Lupin...Lupin was my favorite character in the movie. He was so cute i thought...but the picture doesnt even look like him thats wierd...its kinda scary really but thats ok lol big grin

orient_celts
For me, he did a great job in portraying Lupin. I was hoping we'd get some Snape and Lupin scenes into the film. A little fleshing out for the characters since it intrigued just as I read in the book.

angelsflame265
i didn't know he was that guy from dragonheart! i just figured that out from the photo on the first post!

Unicor777
Lupin was great, but I was imagening Sirius diferently, kindda with not so poor look, i mean more strong and frightening out look, while Wormtail was ridiculus, they made mistake with that character, didn't choose the best acter

Mrs. Daniel
David Thewlis played Hitler. For me A Hitler doesnt look like a Lupin sick

angelsflame265
lol he did! wow this is very amusing for me!

LadySlytherin
i think that the actor who played lupin was brilliant...HOWEVER.....he didnt really LoOk like a lupin to me. i imagined like the book said, light, silvery kind of hair, and i dont think he had a mustache...and i was expecting someone like UBER skinny and gaunt looking since lupin was always sick. not bashing david !!! he was brilliant!

angelsflame265
Yes i loved him playing lupin. he was very lupiny

LadySlytherin
he definately took on the personality...i just duno about the looks : / he didnt look old or sick enough sad

angelsflame265
well we didn't really see him right after his transformation, unless that time that he had a cane. ..

LadySlytherin
smile well i just meant through the whole movie. he just...i duno..brilliant actor...but i just duno about looks. on the back cover of the oOtp (hardback with the clue cover), it has tonks, lupin and moody...moody opening a door....lupin has long grey hair and no facial hair. his face is also very gaunt; cheeks are kind of hollow. thats how i pictured lupin : /

angelsflame265
I pictured him being kinnda cute in a smart way type...... if you got that. . . .

Kitoky
I loved David Thewlis as Lupin - he was adorable and he made Lupin more lovable to me...

|

ladygrim
midnight shadow wont agree ull have to ask of the exact words she used but she dislikes him very much lol

hobbit_dude
that guy looks like hitler!! it makes HP even scarier yes stick out tongue

ladygrim
i think the similarity is uncanny with him and hitler

angelsflame265
lol i just find it very amusing smile

ladygrim
me too

Laviera_j
lol

ladygrim
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.