forum for books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Suzie Miles
Hi:

does anyone know where forums for books might be at? Just read a fantastic one, and would like to read another.

just thought i'd ask.

S

happy kine
what book?

Suzie Miles
Hi happy:

the book i read is called, About Face. It was written by two guys, Robert Edward Levin and Steve J. Weiss. It's about two brothers who try and escape from an abusive upbringing. It really was quite excellent.

DemonicGambit
That sounds cool, I wanna get it!

Suzie Miles
DemonicGambit:

you syhould, because the trials and tribulations of their efforts to run make for a fast-paced book. heartwarming, tear-jerker, funny, etc., the writers take you on an emotional roller coaster. and the ending is wonderful.

anyway, i had read levin's last book, The Glass Heart, so I knew he was coming out with a new one. not sure if it's in book stores yet, but i know you can get one on amazon.com, cause that's where i found mine. they should have excerpts and reviews of the bo0ok posted, so check it out and let me know what you think.

S

Tex
Book Forum?
Nah, we dont have one of those......

Too many uneducated scoundrels around here!whistle

Corran
What does that long word after many mean? confused

Dexx
something about geniouses

mechmoggy
Isn't it genii? confused

Anyway, there is no book forum as yet. But if you want to post a review, do it in this forum. big grin

happy kine
i've been reading michner lately... i love his characters... i empathize with them. i just finished the drifters, great book.

KidRock
whats a book? wink

diegocala
You mean with pages?

DemonicGambit
You mean those pillows the schools give us?!

ChinaNiki
I love books. My problem is I can never read just one at a time. I always have five or six I'm working on at the same time. I can tell you that is a serious problem when you're trying to complete your studies too.

fugazi
Good question, anyone got any sites. Just finished reading Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut, now gonna read his Cat's Cradle
I've managed to get hold of Flicker which Darren Arronofsky has said he would like to make sometime. Took forever to find though.

DemonicGambit
My problem is I finish them to fast and then I forget what they were about....

I try to take my time, but then I forget about the book

ChinaNiki
*shouts I love books*

Corran
Talking about books Frogs are Sooo clever, I was in a bookshop the other day and a Frog anc a Chicken we toodling down the shop and every time the chicken said book, the frog replied with readit, unreal he must have read hundreds.

mechmoggy
Tut. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GroundedAgain
you mean they actually open??!!!

ChinaNiki
most of the time if you take the top part on the right side you can push it up and over towards the left and you can get to the pages

amazing, huh wink

Captain REX
I think book talk pertain to General Discussion Forum. I'm beginning to feel like the place is getting split a LITTLE too much.

Or, for those of you that are uneducated:

Think boke tok pertin 2 genral disc cushion form. I feel begin split getting LITL 2 mch.

ragesRemorse
i just finished the count of monte cristo, that was a great book i been reading clive barkers books of blood now braker rules of course he doent have to many audio books

Fitch
don't enjoy reading too much....

mechmoggy
I read that earlier this year, it is a class book. Did you read the un-edited version, I did and it took me bloody ages to read it!

Dexx
i'm still reading those politically correct bed time stories by james finn garner..they're HILARIOUS.

GroundedAgain
you gotta be sh*ttin me!!! i've tried that. "Ummm... Mrs. T. , i think my book cover has been glued shut." Mrs. T. is a 90 year old substitute teacher. she believed me

ChinaNiki
as long as you never get someone like Mr. Brownsuit I think you'll be okay

that guy would hand out demerits just for breathing

ragesRemorse
MECH.... yeah i was fortunate enough to get the unabriged version my brother gave it to me yeah it took me three months to get through that book, but i loved every word of it. Its was very well written

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.