Do you like Jean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DemonicGambit
I don't really like her. To me it seems like she has a higher then thou attitude, and I'm Miss Perfect.

Metroplex
I have nothing against Jean. She's really caring about all members of the X-men. Are you talking about the X-men movie Jean or the comic Jean?

DemonicGambit
neither I'm talking about Evo Jean, I probably should have said that...opps

Darth Vicious
I like the movies and comic books version but i dont like the Evolutions version!

MaverickIce
The thing is that she was ass-kickalious as Dark Phoenix, but she's isn't all that cool of a character otherwise. Got nothin against her thou

Kes
Yeh I like the x-men 2 version of Jean smile And the cartoon (old) version as well wink

DemonicGambit
Yeah, I had nothing against original cartoon version, but evo just gets on my nerves

BOPRecruit 16
i like jean's powers, but not her. she's just not an interesting character. in x-evo, she can be a stuckup and a bit of an overachiever like scott is. but i'm not saying she's a bad person all in all.

tokyo_goddess
She's cool but I hate how she admitted in the movie that she flirts with Wolverine on purpose, but wants to stay commited to a good guy. Ugh! Her powers seem bland and nothing special compared to others...or maybe the others and their powers seem a little over exagerated?

DemonicGambit
No, I think the other's powers are cooler then her's. But that's my opinion.

I gotta admit I didn't like a some of the things they had the characters do in the movie.

Like Rogue kissing Bobby!!!!!!!!!
Scott crying on Wolverine's shoulder.
Scott listening to Nysnc
Rogue showed a lot of skin
Bobby didn't play any practical jokes
Rogue and Bobby being Boyfriend and Girlfriend
NO GAMBIT IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......okay I'm calmed down now....sorry about that

Metroplex
laughing out loud Scott listens to N sync. I love that part.

Mafia Girl
i also like Jean's powers but i dont like how she is all perfect

DemonicGambit
True, that always did bug me about her.

'Hi, I'm Jean, and I'm perfect. And popular, and I'm gonna date a brainless jock that would obiviously hurt my friends if he could!'

That is my idea of what Evo Jean should say at least.

X-WOMen
That's hilariously (sp) true!!

tokyo_goddess
laughing out loud

Kes
Well I don't think Jean is that perfect and to tell you the truth I can't see why you guys think that. She has a pretty crappy past because of her powers:
"When Jean Grey was 10 years old, she watched helplessly as a car struck her best friend. The strength of Jean's emotions awakened her latent telepathic powers, and she experienced the dying girl's feelings firsthand. Withdrawn and deeply depressed, Jean discovered she could not control her newly awakened mental abilities and was forced to isolate herself from others to keep hold of her sanity. Jean had been an average child; now, she could hear thoughts louder than voices."

For more go here:
http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm?id=21&family=X-MEN

And I actually think she's insecure like the Prof says at the end of x2.

tokyo_goddess
Knowing this...she does seem imperfect...but she's okay...I guess...I never really felt a certain way about her...

DemonicGambit
I know she isn't actually perfect, she just has the image and attitude of being perfect. Besides I'm okay with Comic Jean, I don't like Evo Jean

tokyo_goddess
She seems like she'd be a prep if she weren't a mutant...

Kes
A prep?

tokyo_goddess
Yeah...or a valley girl...but that's exagerating it...but she'd be little miss perfect, perfect clothes, perfect grades, perfect manners...not that it's a bad thing, but she's reeking preppieness!

Kes
Ah. Well I guess I just don't see her that way.

tokyo_goddess
my prospective and opinion, no one has to agree...

Kes
Yeh. I knowwink

DemonicGambit
Don't worry Tokyo goddess, I agree with you!

tokyo_goddess
It's good to be loved...

I'm odd aren't I? happy

DemonicGambit
no....just misunderstood! Like so many of the people today, its a shame really

tokyo_goddess
everyone's odd really...back on topic...

DemonicGambit
Jean's too perfect...way way too perfect

tokyo_goddess
2 sylables...

Prepp...y

DemonicGambit
lol

huh, for some reason I find that really really funny....

tokyo_goddess
That's another thing about Jean...next to her perppy look she has a gift that most female mutants have, just not as strong, so there's nothing really special about her, but she's a nice person...

DemonicGambit
Yeah she is, just really annoying... too bad, she could have had it all....

tokyo_goddess
Her and Scott seem like the perfect couple to. The prep and the jock...how so typical. sick

DemonicGambit
Scott wasn't a jock...was he?

X-WOMen
lol. Well, really i have nothing against her. So I don't hate her but I don't like her either and I think it's because she's...just...what's the word...not cool/boring.

tokyo_goddess
EXACTLY...I'M NOT ALONE IN MY THOUGHTS!....her powers are bland and boring...her name for cripe's sae is bland and boring...nothing more to say I guess...

DemonicGambit
I know, but for the longest time I thought comic Jean's name was just Jean, then found out it had been Marvel Girl.

But they decided to leave that out of Evo

tokyo_goddess
Evo has totally screwed me up...I was always fond of...Spike...then I read that bio on the real comic character...I can't believe I thought he was cool...he's just 'another brother' as I'm another sister...he is such a douche...it's sickening...eep...let's get back on topic...

yeah...that Jean Grey...boring.

DemonicGambit
lol

yes she is....that and uprightous, she always has to do the right thing. Live a little!!

tokyo_goddess
I don't think she's ever done a sin in her life! *scoff*

DemonicGambit
See, miss I wanna be perfect!!

tokyo_goddess
she's such a frickin goody 2 shoes. ugh...I;m gettign a headache over this. miffed:

DemonicGambit
lol

poor tokyo goddess!

X-WOMen
lol. I guess no one really likes her huh? big grin

DemonicGambit
no one that I've met so far, but there are still lots of people out there

tokyo_goddess
nope.

Kes
I thought she was one of the most powerful mutants!blink

tokyo_goddess
Yeah...but her strength is in telepathy and telekinisis. Whoopy Frickin Doo Da! Most female mutants have that! Just not as strong as jean.

DemonicGambit
Oh yeah huh? I mean Rogue, Psylocke, Sage, Emma...and most likely a couple more

Kes
How does Rogue have a power similer to her?

tokyo_goddess
You were naming popular mutants...Rogue doesn't have telepathy...maybe if you count absorbing people's energy and taking on their traits and soon thinking like them...but that doesn't count. I think Psylocke had telepathy and emma...

DemonicGambit
Yes she does, a small amount. Nothing big, but she does have telepathy

Kes
I've never seen Rogue with Telepathy blink
Doesn't matter. Back to liking or not liking Jean wink

tokyo_goddess
Yay! big grin Let's put that pretty hair of hers on fire! wink

X-WOMen
LOL tokyo goddess...you are so funny! laughing out loud

tokyo_goddess
We should make a thread describing what we'd do to the mutants we hate, wether they are good or bad.

X-WOMen
So true. You wanna start one?

Kes
That could lead to conflict with the members that do like themsad

MaverickIce
Hey, its their opinion, but if Kes say no, that's the way it goes.

tokyo_goddess
sad Tartar Sauce!

Kes
Tartar Sauce?blink

MaverickIce
Its a Spongebob thing. smile

Kes
Spongebob?blink

verauko
I just HATE comic, series and evo Jean... but I like movie Jean. In fact... I rather don't like her at all, yeah, it's right she's very powerful... but we can't compare her abilities and character. As a person she's just a lausy ***! She's too perfect, just "Look at me, look at me"!!! I hate her...

tokyo_goddess
nah...I like the comic Jean more...the movie next, and last Evo.

DemonicGambit
All out of all my characters Jean always comes out last

tokyo_goddess
Hmmm...

Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Mystique
Nightkralwer
Gambit
Professor X
Magneto
Jubilee
Pyro
Sabertooth
Shadowkat
Scott
Jean

best at the top...sucky characters at the end.

DemonicGambit
okay my would go something like.

Gambit
Rogue
Stormy
Cyclops
Jubilee
Professor
Beast
Logan
ShadowKat
Iceman
then Jean

Or course after the villians, I like the villains!! Especially Sinister!!!

Kes
Mine is something like: (this is movie characters!)
Storm
Nightcrawler
Woverine
Mystique
Magneto
Rogue
Professor
Iceman
Jean
Collussus (sp)
Cyclops
Pyro
kitty

Kes
From the old cartoon:
Storm
Gambit
Rogue
Wolverine
Cyclops
Professor
Beast
Jubilee
Jean

tokyo_goddess
Hey Demonic Gambit... Wolverine ain't on your list, what gives?

Kes
yeh it is. Logan.

DemonicGambit
Yeah, I wrote him down as Logan instead, I'll do that if I'm in a hurry. It's shorter then Wolverine

Harry X Freak64
no way jeans awesome...she doesnt have a cocky attitude...

DemonicGambit
Hey, cocky attitudes are cool, take a look at Gambit, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

tokyo_goddess
Dude...I was looking for Wolverine, yeah Logan is shorter. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion...

verauko
OK, now mine:

(EVO)
Rogue
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Shadowcat
Wolfsbane
Sunspot
Toad
Iceman

The rest I hate or they are indiffrent for me

(MOVIE)

Rogue
Iceman
Jubilee
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Mystique
Artie!!!!!!

The rest - the same as above big grinbig grinbig grin

There's still a posibility I forgot about some characters big grin

tokyo_goddess
I never thought of EVO...

Nightkrawler
Wolverine
Kitty
Storm
Rogue
Cyclops
Spike

I can't believe I put Nightkrawler before my Wolverine...this is only in the case that the show is more focused the newer characters and that Hugh jackman's looks have ruined my perception of the many looks Wolverine has had over the years!

verauko
Rogue is still the best! big grin

And WSIO with Jean!

verauko
WSIO big grin

Blopster
For those who think Jean is a goody-goody, I'd encourage you to pick up the recent "Murder at the Mansion" story of New X-Men (#139-141). Jean catches Emma and Scott having a sorta psychic affair (basically, they're thinking some slightly dirty thoughts and sharing them via Emma's telepathy). Needless to say, Jean absolutely goes nuts and, by the end, mind rapes Emma (she dives into Emma's darkest memories and makes her almost relive them). Emma has a great quote in it: "Your pacifist posturing hides a playground BULLY, Jean Grey!"

And for those who think Jean's powers are "boring", she has recently, in the comics, displayed the powers of the Phoenix Force without actually accessing the Phoenix. Ask anyone who's into the comics, and they'll tell you that reality-warping powers (what Phoenix, Proteus, Franklin Richards and others can do) are the most powerful and dangerous powers in the comics.

DemonicGambit
True, but if the Phoenix hadn't gone into Jean, she wouldn't be that great

Blopster
"True, but if the Phoenix hadn't gone into Jean, she wouldn't be that great"

Ignoring the fact that even without the Phoenix (which, in all technicality, Jean didn't acquire until just recently), Jean is the 2nd most powerful telepath (behind good 'ol Chucky Xavier) and probably the most powerful telekinetic in the X-Men comic universe. When Wolverine's adamantium skeleton was ripped out by Magneto in the Fatal Attractions story, Jean telekinetically held his body together and, at the same time, telepathically prevented his brain from recieving the pain his nerves were getting. Now, if that isn't some pretty amazing power, I don't know what is.

X-WOMen
That's a good point. I never knew that. But when she was younger she did have a perky side.

Kes
blink Whats that?

tokyo_goddess
I like Jean's character turnaround...it makes her sound more human...

Kahlan
I love Jean......um......I love Jean some more.........Is there really anything I have to say here??? I have to admit, I didn't become interested in Jean until Phoenix showed up.....but since then, she's the best. In X-Men: Evolution, the episode "power surge", Jean's telekenisis begins rearanging matter on a molecular level. That's some power.

Paola
Jean is good

badkittykitty
I love her look,but I dont resemble her at all

verauko
"wsio" is a polish slang expression... it means something like "hell", "away", "many" etc etc...

ex.
"Hell/Wsio with Jean" big grin
"I have many/wsio Rogue pictures" laughing out loud
"I'm walking away/wsio..." big grinbig grinbig grin -Craig David-
and many more.... big grin

And I'll say...
WSIO with Jean! Rogue's the best!!! HA HA evil face evil face

Kes
lol

X-WOMen
YES SHE ROCKS!!(Rogue) rock

ragesRemorse
i always thought jean brought good balance to the x-men and like most of the x-men characters you got to see them grow a bit and jean seemed to grow into a warrior type that only strikes when threatend but when she strikes she strikes hard, whereas in the past she would do everything possible to avoid interaction with a foe but now she's more of a push me and ill push back type character

verauko
And i'll say...

WSIO with Jean!!! laughing out loud

Belladonna 16
Hmm..I'm going to have to go with a I do not like Jean at all in response to the poll question and risk getting told off by all the Jean Lovers embarrasment
I never liked her, all she ever did was yell for Scott and faint. Except when she was Pheonix I loved the character of Pheonix.

blaise
the pheonix is jean groanssssss.......shes wut made the pheonix...its personaity derives from herrr....... and she doesn't always yell for and faint..........i havne't heard i do that forrr since NEVER!!!!!!!!

and shes not boring att allllllll

damnn

shes seen her best firend die in her hands .when she was a child and felt how her firend felt when she was diein..thats probably why shes good at dieing..hehe

no but really ...but she had saved the world countless of times ...shes become black queen..some ancestor from long back..dark phoenox...
these make her not the goody goddy..

Britrogue
Rogue has always been my favourite, but Jean comes in a definate second.

FieryBalrog
I like Jean a lot big grin

Its funny to see all the "Jean is a prep" comments... someone was watching too much X-men evolution because shes not like that in the comics and such. stick out tongue

Britrogue
Yeah, and with all due respect, Evolution sucked big time. It didn't exactly give us an accurate picture of our favourite mutants. I mean, Rogue a goth? Pleeeeaaaasssse!

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Britrogue
Yeah, and with all due respect, Evolution sucked big time. It didn't exactly give us an accurate picture of our favourite mutants. I mean, Rogue a goth? Pleeeeaaaasssse!

yea I didnt particularly like Evo Rogue... or Jean...or Kitty... I did, for once, quite like Scott (I think he might have been my favorite Evo character).

Anyone who thinks Jean is a pushover/prep/whatever should read X-men #28 and New X-men #120 & #139.

Britrogue
Or play X-Men Legends and have Jean as one of their permanant group. I mean Psychic Shout was evil!

xmarksthespot
Ambivalent towards Jean. She was brilliant in the game though I have to say big grin

Noticed a lot of Shadowcat dislike huh Wondering if they're refering to Evo or comics?

Britrogue
I'd stab a guess at Evo. Could she have BEEN any more irritating in that?

Phoenix_Avatar9
She was a freakin Stepford Wife, too perfect <shudder>

pr1983
she's alright...

munkiesarus
No. I do not like Jean.

'Nuff said stick out tongue

blaise
lol cause she likes fighting with ur emma frost?

Mainstream
I like her...she got the nicest biggest..um eyes I've ever seen.

blaise
Originally posted by Mainstream
I like her...she got the nicest biggest..um eyes I've ever seen.

who are u talkin about....

if ur talkin about emma ........eyes.........yahhh surreeeeeee ur talkin about her eyes......probably talkin about whats below her neck

Mainstream
Originally posted by blaise
who are u talkin about....

if ur talkin about emma ........eyes.........yahhh surreeeeeee ur talkin about her eyes......probably talkin about whats below her neck

how ever did you guess? damn this isn't my telepathic blocking cap...it's my regular cap.

blaise
blah

Mainstream
Originally posted by blaise
blah

get out of my mind...it's not safe you here..not safe for anyone.

Paola
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7160

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.