Petunia, A WITCH by secret?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

airangel429
Hey I was thinking...Petunia seemed VERY frightened at the thought of Lord V's name...I wonder if she's a witch and she wasn't that experienced so she never got accepted into Hogwarts and that is why she despises Lily so much, b/c Lily got accepted and she didn't. It makes sense and she was scared of Dumbledore's howler...I wonder what was behind the meaning...I wonder if dumbldore would even know if she was a witch???? She just doesn't accept it b/c she wasn't accepted into Hogwarts and this would be why she was SOOOO jealous of her sister...................

THESE ARE JUST THOUGHTS....SO PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENTS. I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK???

airangel429
Because we know that not everyone is accepted into Hogwarts...maybe she was one...but never got her powers...like how we found out that Neville had just barely gotten in. And how his family would all try to do things to get him to try to use his magic.... and then one day he fell out the window and never hit the ground...... MAKES SENSE... that Petunia never perfected her witch powers............................ maybe I am wrong though.

charmaine
its a good reason for petunia to hate lily

sanoschicky69
maybe she's squib...like filch

airangel429
She might be...but something's REALLY fishy!

sanoschicky69
mhmmm.......bunny

airangel429
I wonder though....I really wouldn't doubt if she was born with magical abilities but they never really FULLY developed...so this lead to the jealousy of Lily. And the way she said something about.... Mom and Dad were so proud when she got her letter saying that she was accepted!

So that shows to me that LIly was accepted and Petunia was not.... therefore.... maybe she really does have magical ability and its a little ODD that the dursley's wig out about magic and stuff....... And Petunia could resent Harry even more b/c he was the "boy who lived".... and Harry had magical abilities and her son didn't...

DOES ANY OF THIS MAKE SENSE OR AM I JUST RAMBLING???

LilyGinnyBlack
It makes a ton of sense airangel, you aren't just rambling! Trust me. . . I would have told you if you were. . .! big grin Anyway, that could be true, yet we will just have to wait and see! Also did anyone else feel that Petunia lied when she had said that she had overheard Lily and James talking about Azkaban and the Dementors. She knew what they were a little to quickly if you ask me and she hasitated after she plurted out that Dementors were the guards at Azkaban. Maybe she had known because she had been a witch? Or maybe she really had overheard James and Lily? Anyway, what do you guys think. . .?

unibrow
i think she was lying...and even if she wasnt it could mean that she heard it from s/o other than lilly and james cuz she said...i heard nasty boy or something tell her about it ages ago...she never said their names harry just assumed it was his parents.

LilyGinnyBlack
True, I don't have the book with me right now, I'm just going by memory! big grin Yet I still think she was lying. . .

Laviera_j
hEY, that's an interesting idea.....hmmmmm beer sick big grin

airangel429
SHe might've been lying...I wonder who she had heard if from though..... something is just really fishy with her............ I caught it from the beginning...

Nefertite
Maby she wasn't accepted because she hadn't a talant. Or she wasn't interested in such a things like wands, cauldrons, keeping frogs as a pet.( laughing ). I think she wasn't jelous because her sisiter was witch. She was jelous because parents took care much more of Lilly. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/renske.gif

Mormegil
Okay, my personal opinion is no. It's a very good thought, and it's very well thought out, but it's just not plausable. If Petunia grew up with a witch in the family, no doubt she would have heard about all the scary things like Voldemort and Dementors... I mean, wouldn't you have been eager to tell someone if you were Lily? And as for her jealousy and contempt, I think that she loathed Lily for having something she could never have, and that she was more loved by their parents. How would you feel if you had a sibling that could do anything and everything better than you, was a genious, and caused your parents to love him/her more than you? I know I wouldn't like it. And as for the Howler, who wouldn't be scared of a howler, especially if it blew up on you? Personally, I'd probably pee in my pants. These things are very well thought out, and they very well could be true. My initial instinct doesn't agree, however, so I'm just not sure.

airangel429
Well...we know that Lily came from muggle parents........ and that made me wonder if maybe Lily was a squib......??? Something just isn't right.... like there's something REALLY REALLY mysterious with her that we dont know.

thelotrlovr15
why does lord v keep on saying that he AND HARRY are both half-bloods? his dad and MUM were both at hogwarts... it says so in snape's worst memory.... but lily AND james were bhoth wizards right? then y does lord v say that they are both half-bloods?
in the first four books mainly in the first they say that they were the best wizards ever!!!...
like in the movie hagrid says ," car crash? car crash killed lily and james potter? lily and james were the best witch and wizard known in the wizarding world!"

remember?
i got confused a lot!!!...

airangel429
I dont know that either.....??? unless Harry's father..really isn't his father...that would be WEIRD! but he looks like both his parents....??? that is weird.......

i know lord v and harry both lost their mom's when they were only babies.

daddy'sgurl
Harry's dad would have to really be his dad coz kids jus don't look like other people. But hey anything could happen. Wouldn't Harry's uncle not have married Petunia if she had anything to do with magic, he hates any type of magic, or anything that isn't normal. AND Uncle Vernon would have flipped if his son had been magical. My mind is gettin ready to run away with me so here goes... Maybe Vernon was magical and didn't get in jus like Petunia, that would explain why they hate Harry coz Dudley showed no sign of having any power. Thats why they didn't want Harry going. If Dudley went to Hogwarts then Petunia and Vernon wouldn't be so scared b/c Dudley could do the same magic as Harry. @ school Harry could get back at Dudley for all the things he did to Harry before they came to Hogwarts. Well, I think I'm done for now. What do you guys think??

frootlooplucy
i thought lord V said he andf harry were half bloods coz lily had muggle parents (or so weve been led to believewink) and so V considered lily a muggle so he considered harry a half blood. or maybe im just confused.

airangel429
yeah i heard that too lucy...but......lily wasn't a muggle......maybe muggle born...explains why petunia felt the way she did??

frootlooplucy
yeah, but i thought because V hated muggle borns he didnt consider them real witches or wizards... or something... and i always thought that petunia hated lil coz lily was a witch... but if PETUNIA was a witch... well that changes everything.

Phoenix
DOES make sense... it explains why she hates harry's magic - it reminds her again of what she can't have

crazy_rock_chic
it wud explain alot of things,it makes sense maybe thats why she hated lily and harry

nini
yah...interesting but i think Petunia can be magical but her powers are not that seen or developed. Now I dont know what to think at all. There are just so many theories.

b-ball_chick
well dat is interestin

Orli'sElf7
omg thats awsome!!! i do think there is something fishy going on with aunt petunia tho..i think she's bitter b/c maybe lilly got in and she didnt...maybe she went to hogwarts but failed cuz she (like neville) barely got in! maybe she got her wand snapped!! *triumphantly* i do think she IS a squib tho....: shifty

jennyanderson
now i'm hearing a lot of rumours about some secrets of lilly potter that is going to be reaveled in the forthcoming harry potter books, and i've even heard one of my friend saying that even j k rowling has confirmed it. since then i've combing the internet for what it might be, and have come up with a pretty good number

starprincess366
PEOPLE PEOPLE! PERTUNIA ISN'T A WITCH BECAUSE SHE NEVER WENT OT HOGWATS OR HAD A MAGIC WAND! SHE AIN'T A SQUIB CAUSE THEY CAME FROM PURE BLOOD FAMILYS AND THE EVANS FAMILY ARE MUGGLES! I THINK THAT PETUNIA AND LILY WERE NICE UNTILL LILY GOT HER LETTER, MAB THEY FOUGHT OR PETUNIA GOT JEALUS, I THINK PETUNIA KNOW ABOUT THE MAGIC WORLD FROM HER SISTER AND DDS LETTER!

Orli'sElf7
dang girl calm urself lol we're all just making up theories lol but i still think somethin happened btween lily and petunia!!!

Kristina
In my opinion the "Petunia being a witch" thing makes sense because she's so jealous of Lily...but the thought of not having the love of her parents is also a reason for being jealous...No, I think she was jealous because Lily had so much she did not have: Lily was beautiful, Lily had friends (unlike Petunia...people who spend their whole life in spying out their boring neighbors do not have friends!!), Lily was clever and Lily was special. I think that are a lot of reasons for a person like Petunia (I repeat PETUNIA!!!) to be jealous.
Oh and that blood thing:
Hagrid says in the 2nd (when they're in Hagrid's house and Ron spits snails) that pure-bloods are wizards with NO muggle ancestors, wizards who NEVER got in touch with muggle blood. And half-bloods are all wizards who have muggle ancestors, even if they lived generations before them. And mud-bloods are people with ONLY muggle ancestors.

airangel429
GOOD POINTS! big grin

Kristina
Thanx ;-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.