Let's quit smoking together.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
I'm a smoker, I know, it's gross, but I do want to quit and if any of you want to quit too then let's say we quit together. I'm not talking about right now, but very soon, like within a month. Any other smokers want to figure out a date and stick to it?

KidRock
I would quit but i never started

happy kine
i quit a year ago... its easy. you must be ready to quit! i'm a competitive person so i thought of quitting as a game that i intend to win! the first month is the hardest... the cravings get less and less and less...

Tired Hiker
You are truly an inspiration, happy kine. I hope to one day be like you.

Dexx
bwh..i hate smoking. 80 percent of my highschool is smoking.

diegocala
I quit about 6 years ago, it is hard at first but well worth it, if you need support and or help PM me, you will be VERY grumpy for a while!

happy kine
with lots of help from certified trainers and decommissioned drill instructors, maybe you can one day be a bit like me.

the first week i quit smoking i kept reaching into my pocket for my smokes... and then i'd realize that i quit. d'oh

diegocala
I still to this day have dreams I am smoking, weird

J_To_The_P
-shoots up cigarette cartons with machine gun- Die cigarettes die! eek!

LilySatine
Icky cigarettes.
It's hard walking through the hallway in my highschool and having to hold your breath as you pass the 'smoking' area. roll eyes (sarcastic) Wish everyone thought like you, Hiker!

happy kine
since i quit i can't stand the smell. and i can taste again... peas are horrible, and i just realized that.

diegocala
Oh yeah, and you can smell things again, quitting smoking has way more benifits than one might think.

Captain REX
You must be second-hand smoking your lungs out then... eek!

I hate smoking. My grandma quit because of a car crash, and her friend quit because she...well, died.

diegocala
Both my grandparents died of Lung Cancer, and continued to smoke even after the diagnosis!!

Rogue Jedi
i smoke about a pack a day. i read an interview with kirk douglas once. he said he quit in the 50's. one day he was sitting in his den, smoking, and he saw a picture of his dad who had died of cancer. he looked at the cigarette and thought "whos stronger, you or me?" thats what im gonna do. pick a date, tired hiker, im with you. hows about august 1? pm me and let me know.

DemonicGambit
Um, I don't actually smoke. My family freaks way too much, and I don't like the fact that I would know they are talking about me.

But I know if I could I would. I mean I love the smell of it. When I see a person smoking I'll walk near them just to get a whiff. So...I guess I could try and quite that

Rogue Jedi
dude, dont start. you WILL regret it years from now, when you are addicted, and you WILL get addicted, trust me.

DemonicGambit
I know, but its soo intoxicating....hmmm

Rogue Jedi
so is cocaine, but its still stupid to do.

DemonicGambit
I know, I know....at least I have good willpower, no? I've stayed off it for this long, which is a miracle considering the habits of my family.

Rogue Jedi
use the force, gambit..... Happy Dance Happy Dance

DemonicGambit
lol!!!

Rogue Jedi
thank you, im here all night!!!!!!

badkittykitty
can I be in your quiting smoking party? I am a slave to smokes and I am tired of it,I feel aweful and just don't know how to quit.

happy kine
the key factor to quitting is your desire. if you truly do not want to smoke then you will be able to quit. if you still believe that you enjoy smoking you will have a harder time quitting. but what do i know, i was able to quit smoking the first time i tried after 10 years of smoking... but i cannot quit smoking pot... but i don't want to quit that. i truly enjoy that.

bigbadbike2
Stick with the non-legal one Kine. Your better off that way.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Baylin

Rogue Jedi
chesty? what does that mean?

Gundark
Never smoked.

Don't start, young padawans....nasty habit, bad smell, yellow teeth, lung cancer. Before you know it, you'll be pushing daisies.

Baylin
Chesty = wheezy cough

skule
i quit and started again due to some problems that came up, i dont do it to much frankly but i do have 1-3 sticks a day, i tried to go on or a week last week without having that 1 stick at least, i was biting everyones head off!! sad

DemonicGambit
Geez that's gotta suck. start, quit, restart, try to quit.

ToMacco
I need to quit. But my work in boxhell is so depressing, that I need to smoke.

Tired Hiker
Right on! After reading your posts, I'm truly inspired to quit smoking. I've connected with a few others and were thinking of quitting before mid august. So, I guess that would be beginning/mid august. Thanks again for all your support! And I've said it once, and I'll say it again and again, I love you guys, but I'm not gonna marry you.
cool

ChinaNiki
Try Australian Chewing Sticks for the oral fixation. They are sturdier than toothpicks and have oils on them for flavoring. The bonus part is they are supposed to be good for your teeth too. Here you have to get them at a health food or organic foods store. Maybe they will help. Good luck guys.

Rogue Jedi
the force will be with us, tired hiker. god bless.......

Tired Hiker
And also with you. August 10th is the decided day folks! Rogue Jedi, Bad Kittykitty and myself are in. Anyone else? Thanks again for the support.

happy kine
thats around the annivarsy of my quit date... i'll drink several beers to the quitting. quitting smoking was the best thing i've done... health-wise anyway.

badkittykitty
yeah we are going to kick this habit in the butt! I am glad for the support too..I am sure gonna need it! thanks guys!

Tired Hiker
I have a confession to make.

Tired Hiker
yes

silver_tears
didn't quit sad

badkittykitty
th you didn't quit?

I can't believe I was a smoker...though I still want one

silver_tears
mad dont get sucked back in BKK or Ill have to smack you evil face

yerssot
for a guy, that's reason enough to START

Fire
TH you should never have started now you're hooked for all eternity muhahaha evil face

Linkalicious
Let's not quit smoking but tell all the new girls we meet that we did...it'll make us feel better in front of them and we can live our lives as complete fakes!!

phoenix chii
hhahah can i pretend to give up chocs..........and get fat in peace.

Iirima
Um...i've never smoked but I treat mah obsessions this way(i'll put cigarettes in there just for the record):

I'm going to have 5 cigarettes today...no more...next week I will have 4, next week 3 and so on till I can get to none...

Course that might not work but tis my best suggestion (I have n good ones whatsoever oh well who really cares? wink )

kohl
hm, yeah. it does work in theory. i've decided to quit a week ago--i don't smoke much (15 a day) but i've been smoking for 4 years. cutting down sounds less drastic and seems possible, as opposed to quitting cold turkey.

crazy_c
ugh stupid cigarettes and their nicotine and such. leave me be! wallbash

shaber
Try using nicotine gum or lots of tasty low calorie foods - like rice cakes and stuff with toppings. I think my dad quit in some way like that.

The Force
no roll eyes (sarcastic)

i've never smoked and i don't intend to, it kills ppl, and makes them smell bad, so then what's the point of smokin in the first place?? confused

crazy_c
peer pressure, stress, other stuff. i donno it's stupid really

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.