Vampire...in Reloaded?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedEclipse2007
I have a question. You know how in the first Matrix, they used different programs...well they talked some business about Vampires and Werewolves. Was the chick that wanted Neo to kiss her a Vampire that feeds off of human emotion? And that same girl killed a man using a silver bullet, I thought that was for werewolves. The people in white also resembled ghosts if you think about it. I am just wondering, is this just a theory, or is it how it really is? Just please give me your opinions. Thanks.

gabimr2
well.. the mans that phersephone kill.. I think those are vampire's embarrasment

Alias Neo
they most be, if u need silver bullets to kill them

RedEclipse2007
That's what I thought...I mean, why else would you have silver bullets? And...those people in white do resemble ghosts, don't you think?

gabimr2
yeap.. and they were watching a vampire's movie smile
hahahahaahahha lol embarrasment
that means nothing smile

RedEclipse2007
I talked to a kid I know about this, and he said in the game you have to kill Vampires. So, It looks like it is true. I mean the game for reloaded, if you didn't know what i was talking about. I am not entirely sure, I want an ok from someone who knows a lot about the story, and thanks for the posts though.

Korri
Persephone is a bloody chacer miffed

Ushgarak
Cain and Abel- the two guards at the Chateau- are Werewolves, not Vampires. I don't know at what poiint Hollywood decided that silver was good against Vampires as well, but mythologically speaking, it is not.

As the game reveales, the thing to kill the Vampires with is stakes, not silver, just as it is in myth.

Kes
A rep. for WB said in an interview that the twins were vamps. But their ability does make them look like ghost wink

nickjs21
yeah, the two men (one of whom persephone shoots), cain and abel, are "werewolves." though not exactly in the traditional sense. it links back to what the oracle said, how any story you ever heard about ghosts or aliens or vampires was just a renegade program doing what it wasn't supposed to do. cain and abel were renegade programs, who could only be "deleted" with a silver bullet. hence the werewolf titles.

as for persephone, we never really get a good idea of what she is (if she is in fact some sort of creature). but i remember in an interview they said to get a hint of what persephone is, look at the movie cain and abel are watching. gabimr pointed out that the movie was showing, as persephone walked past it, a female vampire. and she does have that exotic accent associated with vamps.

Kes
Yeh but I think she is more like the story she's been named after. I just think she resembles a Vamp because she feeds of human emotinos (but doesn't hurt the humans when doing so).

DarkMage31
There was already a thread about this whole vamp vs. werewolf, cain + abel identity crisis thing. As for Persephone, she is a computer program according to Enter the Matrix. When you play as Niobe and you are about to access the level "Dungeon," the level with the boss fight against Cujo, she encounters Persephone and persephone wants Niobe to kiss her.

Perseph >> "What? Are you afraid of kissing a woman?"

Niobe>>> "You're not a woman. Your not even human."

But then again, I guess this can mean that she is a "creature" as stated by nickjs21. But residing in the Matrix... unlikely.

The fact that she is "married" to the Merrovingian should also be considered. Merro, as we all know, is a program. This leads me to believe Persephone has a good chance of being one as well.

I'm going to check back to that cutscene one more time today and get back to you. There might be a few details I overlooked.
-DM31

DarkMage31
Oh yeah... and one more thought... if there was a creature in the Matrix, it would be an exile program anyway, right? The only alternative in the Matrix for Persephone to be would be a program, since we have already established she is not human. Just my thoughts.
-DM31

Kes
I think it's obvious that Persephone is a program.

Ushgarak
Whilst that is indeed obvious, as far as EtM is concerned, it's not as if Persephone says back "Yes you are right, I am not human, I am a programme." Niobe is just guessing, she doesn't actually KNOW what Persephone is.

Kes
~Well I don't have EtM so...I ment in the movie. And interviews the actress has given.

Ushgarak
I was talking to DarkMage, Kes.

Kes
Oh embarrasment Sorry.

DarkMage31
Yeah, I guess so, Ushgarak. But the chances are Persephone was so eagar to get the kiss she wasn't worried about her own identity at the moment. I still think that Persephone is a program.

RedEclipse2007
Is it possible to look at a script to see if they were meant to be werewolves and vamps. I figured that Persephone was a vampire because she was feeding off of Neo in the movie. And, I think that the two guys watching the movie were werewolves, but they are like a myth, it grows, and grows. They don't become actual wolves. They might have higher physical abilities, thus creating them to look as strong as man/wolf. This is something me and a friend were discussing. I just needed some input from people who knew what they were talking about. It seems as if I have came to the right place. Thank you.

Ushgarak
Well, obviously we mean 'werewolves', they aren't literal man/beast things.

hayden's minx
Mytholically speaking - Ush - if a silver bullet hits a Vampire in a waning gibous moon, then it can kill by mental state leaving the body relatively un marked - of course - mytholically vampire don't turn to dust unless by sunlight and if they are a decendant by CD.

Ushgarak
Silver is NOT a traditional killer of vampires, Minxy. Maybe in some obscure versions of the myth, but not in classical ones, which is what is important here.

bigbadbike2
The first I heard of silver killing a vamp was in Blade, but that movie is definatly not traditional.

Ikobe
Silver bullets kill werewolves, assumedly when the silver's melted down from a religious symbol.

~Iko (who is a furry genre artist and knows these odd things)

gabimr2
no expressionNiobe kiss phersephone ?? laughing out loud

Metroplex
That was in Enter the MAtrix. Did anyone see Dracula 2000? in that movie they explained that vampires are afraid of silver, but i dont think that Cain and Abel are vampires since in ETM, they went in sunlight in the prison stage(i think) unless sunlight rules dont apply.

nickjs21
it's simple.

no ifs ands or buts, cain and able (the two men you're talking about) are werewolves, redeclipse. that's official information, not guessing. but not werewolves in the traditional sense. they are all programs. the werewolves, the vampires, the whole lot of them -- all renegade programs. they aren't really the actual creatures we associate with werewolves and vampires through folklore. according to the movies, those stories are based on people who saw these renegade programs doing strange things. i.e., not being killed by anything but a silver bullet.

darkmage, i should have worded myself better. they are programs, not "creatures." just like the merovingian.

i do agree that persephone's role is probably very similar to her namesake. but she could still be a vampire.

nickjs21
am i making sense? it might not be as simple as i understand it to be.

RedEclipse2007
Nick, I agree with you. I was just wondering if their actions that were witnessed by other people of the matrix were the cause of the myths. That might have been confusing. Here, this might be better. Where those two the cause of the myth of werewolves? That is better. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks again.

Ushgarak
Somehow I don't think Dracula 2000 counts as 'traditional' myth...

Korri
i like the idea of the whole ghosts n vampires thing in Reloaded

nickjs21
probably not the cause themselves . . . that's hard to say. and really a moot point. you start to think maybe they've been around since way back when werewolf stories first began spreading, but then you remember that the matrix is set in a specific timeframe and so that would be impossible, and then blah blah blah. then we'd just be reading way too much into it. so who knows how the myths started? it's not that big of a detail to concern yourself with.

btw, was dracula 2000 the one where the very first vampire turns out to be judas from biblical times? that movie sucked.

Matrixrabbit62
Each program in the Matrix has a code.These werewolves you see in the movie have a code and it is disrupted by certain items like bullets,etc.But the Mero and Persephone are old programs in the Matrix therefore they have seen the last One's that have failed to save Zion as the Architect had said. eek! yes big grin

rysdigital
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/vampire.html

"Surprisingly, silver was not as traditional a protective metal as supposed in popular fiction"

The Omega

gnosticAgent
Good catch on the werewolf symbolism. It fits. I didn't catch that 'til I got here. My first impression was the computer related meaning for a silver bullet - a global fix. I thought I was missing something about the vampire movie, silver bullet, and shooting "difficult to terminate programs."

Now lest we not forget what the Architect said: (to paraphrase) You are the sum of and unballanced equation....of human experiences. This gives the Wachowski's free reign on anything in recorded history (that had survived up to the time the machines took over). Hence, myths are free for the taking/incorporation.

Korri
wow this thread is old!!

JediHDM
Sorry if this has been stated, but i dont feel like reading all of the posts, so...
Persephone is an emotional vampire, and if i remember correctly, so is Mero...

Korri
emotional pincushion more like

JediHDM
Only for you, Korri, only for you...

Korri
angel

MarkyGras
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I was perusing (lurking) the forums for some info on the merovingian's crew. I watched Reloaded with a buddy of mine who afterwards told me about how alot of the details surrounding persephone, abel and caine didn't make the jump from script to film. He says he heard that the Wakowski's were trying to introduce more 'factions' into the matrix mythos, in addition to the machines, humans and exiles. Apparently, the Persephone character was originally intended to be a 'refuge' of a previous incarnation of the matrix. She's an actual person in an actual pod, but apparently she (and who knows how many others) were among crops not lost when former matrices were destroyed. The machines simply reinserted her into the most recent version. The result, however, is that she and those like her have lost all emotional feeling, and instead 'feed' off the emotions of others in the matrix. Hence the explanation to her kissing Neo and Niobe (in EtM). I'm guessing they dropped alot of this explanation from the movies because to actually state that she's from a previous matrix would cement what the Architect says as fact, rather than the speculation they were going with.

Napalm
Well in holywood they seem to make it these days were sivler works on vamps too but if you follow the myth it does not

caed
the point was that the programs could not be terminated with out some specific end, sliver bullets werewolves, stakes vampires, enter the matrix, come on guys, and the historical importance doesn't really matter, just that they wanted to tie mythology into their movie

marovingin
ok werewovles r jus programs jus like vampires so is the woman she was a program too even though i have no clue what she was for she was a program and were wolves r jus allergic to silver it doesnt kill them right off it burns the hell outta them vampires die of many ways sunlight stakes decapitaion silver and they r also allergic to garlic it doesnt kill them though. the vampires as she said were a useless program and the marovingin kept them around for one reason hard as hell to kill and good fighters lol but basically those r the reasons and if anyone said this before me im sorry but i didnt copy u i didnt even read 3 posts on here. one more thing oracle said ever hear of vampires werewolves or ghosts thats a PROGRAM doing sumthin its not supposed to be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.