Tolkien Updates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JixQuillan
Well the most impressive update I know is that the Hobbit is being planned for release in 2006. Sucky, but worth the wait.

chica16
did you see that from a trailer on kazaa? if so i think it's fake

JixQuillan
No that couldn't have been fake, It had stuff that was actually in the hobbit.

GABRIEL05

Mithrandir
the trailer is obviously fake, there are clips from fellowship within the trailer, and then clips from an unknown movie with very poor graphics, i can't believe this is of any debate! and the end title with the "smaug has awoken" is obviously in a script that looks to homeade for any blockbuster movie maker. i can't believe i had to write this.

Ushgarak
Yup, sorry, faked.

JixQuillan
Well either way, its probably based on some of the Hobbit movie.

Ushgarak
There is no filming done for any Hobbit movie, of any sort whatsoever.

JixQuillan
Okay don't everybody gang up on me at once. I knew it was a fake, but its still cool to watch.

Ushgarak
Of that I am sure many people agree.

billyboyd4ever
ok so im confused...just cuz the trailer on kazaaas fake, does that mean there's gonna be no hobbit? confused

JixQuillan
I highly doubt that. They'll definatelly make a hobbit movie. Especially while the stars are still alive.

billyboyd4ever
hehe yay!

undomiel
my friend said that her cousin goes on a website that tells about upcoming movies and he said that they were making a hobbit movie in 2006 or something

Stovenutts
i would like it if there was one

Metroplex
did anyone ever watched the Hobbit cartoon? i downloaded it Kazaa. Its really old.

JixQuillan
I wasn't to fond of the Hobbit cartoon and the Return of the King cartoons, but the Lord of the Rings cartoon was cool. I have that one on tape.

billyboyd4ever
yea i watched the hobbit cartoon a lot when i was litttle...and quite frankly in was horrible, so i never even bothered with the LOTR cartoons

Ushgarak
The LOTR animated version was 1000X better than The Hobbit cartoon- and indeed Peter Jackson has used it as inspiration for his own works, in several scenes done the same way. It really was very good but sadly the guy in charge died before the second half could be done.

Anyway, no, no official word on a Hobbit film, but Ian McLellan is trying to drum up interest for a tv series.

julibug
i wish they would make a hobbit movie! would be great. it seems to be the time of the prequels & all - what with star wars & the hannibal lector movies, etc.

btw, for those of you who download from kazaa - be careful. i'm hearing of lawsuits being filed. i'm not sure how it works & all - but if it is possible for them to figure out who's downloading stuff, it could be bad.

Ushgarak
There are several million people using it; such things are near impossible to administrate.

JixQuillan
Yeah but the Red Dragon prequel is just a remake of an old version.

Furius
Ushgarak im pretty sure the guy in charge of the LOTR cartoon didnt die. i think he was interviewed for Total Film UK winter 2001 just before FOTR was released. Im pretty sure it said he lectured animation at some english university somewhere. could be wrong though. i could look it out. Also, i read in a paper a few weeks ago that the Hobbit was going to be filmed entirely in Scotland and theyver not started yet. Not seen this "Trailer" but it must be pretty hard to make one when they havent filmed anything yet.

pinksuezo
the guys name is bakshi

Ushgarak
Oh, Ralph Bakshi didn't die, he just ran out of money, but one of the creative minds behind the whole thing copped it.

Mormegil
Well, whatever happened to the old cartoon, they had better make a new movie of the Hobbit or I'll jump off a bridge! or at least push someone else...

turin
i think someone mentioned earlier, but I read a thing where Ian McKellen is trying to get PJ to do a tv miniseries of the hobbit, which would be sweet because in that form i dont think they would have to skip anything from the book.

Ushgarak
Yup that was me, and that is what he wants; no idea what will happen though.

turin
ya hopefully Ian can convince PJ, it would be sweet and with the fan base you know it would go to dvd really quick.

chica16
if they're going to make a hobbit movie or miniseries they need to do it before the older people die or something because there's no point in making it if ian mckellan or other people aren't in it

chiefs0425
the trailer is a fake at the very end it says created by steve latham and it gives his email adress of [email protected]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.