TCM remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
well this should not be new news to anybone on this horror forum, but the remake to TCM is coming out in a couple of months and they have released the trailer online. now...i tried to be optimistic, but after viewing the trailer, i must say, micheal bay's influence is obvious when you watch it. shot after shot of generic close ups in order to portray fear and anxiety easily. and as my friends put it, it looks to artsy. the thing that made the original so great was it's simplistic look. no close ups or flashy camera movements. no camera jiggle to show realism, just blunt horrifying images. it made you forget you were watching a movie, and made it seem like a documentary. with that said, it looks like they've turned one of the greatest horror films of all time into another mediocre horror flick of the modern times.

JixQuillan
and what is TCM again?confused

BackFire349
texas chainsaw massacre.

JixQuillan
oh yeah. good movies!

killerkuts
THANK GOD!!!! I'm not the only one who thinks that this is the worst idea since they decided to make sequels to Wishmaster! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of those rare films that embodies what horror is. No where can you see such an uncomfortable setting or family. The way it was filmed makes you feel like your right in that mini van, right in that house and right at that dinner table. To make a remake is such an insult to horror films! I have never been so angry in my life... Have we not learned anything from the re-make of PSYCHO!!!!???? I have lost all respect for Michael Bay(if there was any) and to those involved with the pic. Any one who respects or loves horror movies should NOT see this!!!! In fact, we should protest it...who's with me. THE SAW IS FAMILY!!!!! sick

wicker_man
The remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is said to be concentrating on the psychological aspect of Tobe Hoopers classic rather then the gore aspect that made it so infamous, Gus Van Saint however made a shot by shot remake of Psycho this made viewers compare it and thus judge it to its classic predecessor. This is a common trade employed by most directors who are looking to remake a classic film as it is a formula that is a safeguard to box office success, Marcus Nispel is trying a new angle to this classic in hope to explore other sides to the film not observed in the original.

killerkuts
eek! OH boy! If they made a remake of "The Wicker Man", I would flee the country! This remake of "Texas Chainsaw" is not only blasphemy, but proves that in Hollywood, there are too many people giving greenlights that don't deserve to have that kind of power! I really want to put flyers at every theatre, nice and simple, stating, " Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Boycott The Buzz / See The Original!"
Who the hell is with us? We have three months to start this campaign all over Hollywood! Stick them on windshields at theatres, leave em at record stores and cinemas! I am not a loser, but a true movie lover that knows when Hollywood has gone too far! Can't get to a copier, then write em up yourself! Let's do this!

BackFire349
well i'll see it for sure, hopefully it will be pretty good ,but i expect otherwise. there is no way to know for sure unless you see it. and its nice because with the remake coming out, more people are now interested in seeing the original. but like i said, i would much rather have seen a large re-release of the original then a pointless remake. oh, wickerman, i know what you're saying has been said by miceal bay and other representatives of the remake, that it will be "a psychological horror movie rather then the splatter gore film that the original was" and to anyone who believes this nonsense, i ask, as gunner hansen did in an interview. have you even seen the original? there is very little gore and blood. it IS a psycholgical movie all the way through. it is not a gorey movie. and i find it insulting thta they say the original tcm was a gore film. anyways, i will see the remake, just to make me apreciate the original even more..

wicker_man
There is plans by a series of companies to remake The Wicker Man as is there plans to Remake Dawn of the Dead...HELP.

BackFire349
yeah, lack of new ideas.

wicker_man
I heard this year there is gonna be 27 sequels,Prequels or Trilogys.

Klear Eyez
It does look pretty disapointing but ****k it ima still check that shitt out who knows

BackFire349
i know that it didnt need to be made. i know it is a waste of time and money, and i know it will bring shame to the original.

killerkuts
I have lost so much respect for Hollywood and Directors like Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer just make flashy movies with no reall story and characters that no one cares about. To touch horror movies is just hollywood's way of trying to tap into a new area. Horror movies were ruined by teenage flicks like SCREAM and I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER. Where are all the good horror flicks like Dawn of the Dead, The Exorcist, Hellraiser, The Burning, The Prowler, etc. The last good horror flick I saw was...wait, give me a minute....um....lets see there was...um...damn. You know I cant remember seeing one. My final breath will be with FREEDY VS. JASON. If that does not live up to my expectations then thats it, no more horror flicks!

BackFire349
the last great horror movies were...
28 days later
house of 1000 corpses
irreversible
blair witch project
dog soldiers
candy man

thats about it.

Tired Hiker
I just watched the TCM trailer. Yeah, looks too slick with too many trucking shots and those polished teen actors dressed to look like real red necks won't cut it for me. Backfire, it is a shame what you heard in those interviews. The original was more psycological rather than a splatter fest and that's what makes it so rememberable and disturbing. One thing, the only thing, I can't help but liking about the trailer is when the screen goes black and it's quiet . . . then "BUZZZZZZZZZZZ" you hear the chainsaw noise and it gave me the chills. But, like you said, I'd rather they re-released the original, but I'm sure I'll still check it out.

BackFire349
the buzz can be heard in the original tcm and its far more chilling.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
shame... i hate when horror movies are ruined. I hope at least freddy vs jason would be good.

killerkuts
Any one involved in this film should be taken to Texas, taken to an abandon house, placed on a rusty, greasy hook and left to die! I have never felt so strong about a movies as I do now and as far as a remake for THE WICKERMAN....Thats even worse! Wickerman is such a movie on its own that to remake it is an insult to the original. FOR SHAME ON YOU HOLLYWOOD, FOR SHAME!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
They have ran out of ideas. Im guessing soon the end to all horror movies will come...

BackFire349
nah, ive had several good ideas for horror movies myself and am currently writing them. there will always be fresh ideas around, they are just very rare, but they are there..... if you want, i can name some very good current horror movies....

28 days later...
irreversible
dog soldiers
....those are current flicks out there just waiting to be discovered by the masses and are sure to be horror classics 10 years from now.... some upcomming promising movies....

return of the living dead 4, 5
surely many more zombie movies since the success of 28 days later...
and keep an eye out for a movie callled 'rape me in return', thats the title of the movie im writing, and should it ever get made, you will see that innovation is still strong in horror movies.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yea i guess your right...

ragesRemorse
you know it would be more respectfull to this movie to leave it alone, Back when TCM first came out noone had ever even thought about things like this aside from the serial killers doing it, they pushed the limits to give you an original,realistic movie. Whoever says the first TCM was all about Gore and nothing psychological must not have been watching TCM2 or next generation the whole movie of TCM was pshycological the gore just happend to be a way for them to express the rawness of the film , its not a slasher movie its what you call a HORROR movie. And i ask you what can be done in this movie that hasnt already been done? this movie has been disected and inserted into many horror movies since its realese, As they say often imitated but NEVER duplicated

ragesRemorse
dont get me wrong ill still first in line to see it lol heh

MattLeatherface
The TCM remake was awesome and scary, movies are for entertainment, it was entertaining, you guys should stop complaining about it.

Impediment
Originally posted by MattLeatherface
The TCM remake was awesome and scary, movies are for entertainment, it was entertaining, you guys should stop complaining about it.

Nobody was. You waltzed in here and bumped a thread thats over 3 years old. You should stop doing that. And TCM remake sucked.

Wolfie
I thought it was decent at best. As a TCM sequel, I would've thought more of it. But since they had to call it a remake, we have no choice but to compare it to the original, making this look like crap.

And the prequel of the remake looks like it'll be the same exact thing.

Myers Man
I thought the remake was awesome, what's wrong with it?

Backfire is a movie writer?

tabby999
backfire is many things...

MattLeatherface
How was i supposed to know that this forum is old, I just don't see the point of making a thread to make fun of a new movie, it seems like all you horror fans just won't accept change into the horror universe. I'm probably just saying this because Leatherface is my favorite slasher and I loved the remake, I just hate to see people make fun of it when they haven't even seen it yet.

Wolfie
Well, first, there's a difference between making fun of something and criticizing something.

Second, I believe we've all seen it.

tkitna
Originally posted by killerkuts
eek! OH boy! If they made a remake of "The Wicker Man", I would flee the country!

Uh-oh!

MattLeatherface
Yeah probably by now, but not at the time you critisizing it.

tabby999
why can't we? We were upset that because hollywood was running out of ideas, they decided to take a classic movie, a brilliant piece of work that redefined what people thought of movies, and turned it into just another slasher. its like if someone decided to repaint Rembrandt or Picasso portraits, they're not doing anything fresh, they're not doing anthing worthwhile, they're just making a weaker version of something thats been done already, but 1000 times better

Wolfie
I like tabby's comparison to repainting portraits. Would you allow the "repaints" in art galleries? I wouldn't.

And as far as criticizing the movie before it comes out, that's part of what you do in a movie discussion board. You take the information you have and draw conclusions from there. We see photos from the TCM remake and say, "I don't like how they actually have to show him being stabbed in the back with a meathook to try to be scary." That's what the discussion should be about up to the point of its release, where everyone then discusses their opinions after seeing the movie.

tabby999
It'd be pointless to have discussion if everyone sat around going "I love this!" "I love this too!" "Wow so do I!" "This is amazing!" "What a great idea!"

We'd pollute the earth with Smug like they did in southpark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.