Favourite Batman Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Laura4Owen
Whats Your Favourite Batman Movie?
Mine is Batman Forever. A super performance by Jim Carrey.

DemonicGambit
I agree Batman Forever was my fav.

My name is Neo
batman forever

My name is Neo
i hate robin though, he's gay

DemonicGambit
I agree with you on Robin, I never liked him, he was too cocky and arogant.

Laura4Owen
I HATE robin. i think you all have a point.

MaverickIce
Nightwing is so much better!

Laura4Owen
Yes He Is

DemonicGambit
I like you people!!!

Nightwing will kick Robin's butt

greeny33
best film was batman returns with penguin

imhotep
Batman, The Joker rules!

Superman5452
The First Batman would have to be the best, because part 2 was kinda weird and part 3 Jim Carey did a good job but Gothom City wasn't gothic at all. And why was the statue of liberty in gothom anyway? plus Val Kilmer? I just couldn't get past the lisp, "ssso tell me doctor do you like the sss-curcisss" he kinda reminded me of Selvester the cat. Oh and I can't forget part 4 and iv'e tryed come on Gorge Cloony Batman never had gray hair.

Oh and I almost forgot your right JOKER RULES!!!!!

kalantiaw
there's bits and peices of each batman films i liked...
batman- who else, THE JOKER, definitely
batman retuns- penggy of course... and catwoman, cause she's sooooo hot
batman forever- the riddler, jim did a good job
batman and robin- now tht movie shouldn't have been made... what in god's name were they thinking...

and i agree... robin is a major flamer bunny ...

VengeanceGOD
The original Batman was just freakin' amazing, and the best.

Batman Returns was a really bad script that was saved by Burton's eerie directing. I mean, come on, PENGUINS WITH ROCKETS STRAPPED TO THEIR BACKS????

Batman Forever, I liked in principle, and they really tried to make Robin cool, which is admirable. Unfortunately, comics are the only things that have made Robin cool. Ever.

Batman and Robin was....ugh....*shudders* DIE JOEL SHUMACHER DIE!!

Spawnie
The first Batman is the greatest incarnation of the Dark knight on film. U can't beat the role of the Joker, fantastic!
Joker: "a little romance, a little dance, batmans head on a stick!"

The second has its moments but overall the story didn't hold too much, even though the parts were nicely played.

The third was all neon and a great fun to watch, Carrey did the job and made me laugh. Val wasn't too bad, it's the Robin that ruined it all, I guess we all agree that he's gay.
Val: it's the car, chicks love the car.

That is all I only recognize 3 movies, the last one I don't even consider to be a movie. Unfortunately they wasted alot of good talent on a really cheesy and corny movie. All those actors were acting really badly in the last one. I guess it was the script that got to them all.

So, the first one is the Best, and the Forever is always gonna be most fun to watch.

Linkalicious
The 1st batman was the best by far. Jack was the greatest Joker imaginable. Especially in the art museum and on the commercial.

Part 2 had a terrible plot but i love how DeVito and Pfeifer delivered. They both played their roles perfectly, and Pfeifer licking that outfit of her's to give herself a "bath" was freakin HOT.-

Daywalker
I have to agree that the first one was actually the best(what an intro for the dark knight by Keaton) but I prefer Returns because it shows more of Batman

Daywalker
I liked the "coming of age/rebellious" Robin in Batman and Robin and his costume was cooler than Batman's (Clooney Batman).

That Robin was so realistic to me because although Batman is my #1 hero, he can be an arrogant prick and it was cool to see Robin take up for himself plus you know that the Nightwing transformation is around the corner.

Great points on all of the movies though. Could you imagine an up to date Bat film done like the Adam West movie? The Joker(Nicholson),Riddler(Carrey),Catwoman(Pfeiffer
) and Penguin(Devito) Vs Batman(Keaton) and Robin(Odonnell) In a dark gothic Gotham city??? That would be awesome!!!

Spawnie
Yeah right, with all this Techno euphoria out there? Bolloks They would never do it the right way. We can just wish for soemthing like that.
Gotham will never be gothic again.
Keaton was the best Brucie, he had that lonesome look in his eye, like the real Dark Knight. The fist movie had that feeeeeeeeeeeel, dark mystique feel. It just rocked. The second as daywalker said, the bat was more characterized, and yes in a good way, but the rest didn't hold that much dammit.
I loved the scenes between Batsie and Catwoman, that was really nice, and Michelle was really acting fealine. (I hope that is the way to spell it)
It is time that The Bat goes back to his roots, being cocky, Dark and less mercy. I'm not sure about Odonnel, he can be funny, but nightwing doesn't need to be funny. Odonell looks like a softy, gimme someone more serious and full of himself, and that is looks good that way.

I don't wanna see more Bat movies that have Neon in it. They made Bat movies look like a Japanese anime. Hey, I looove Anime but Gotham is far from being Neon, and all glittery and bronze, bah, ptui, ljah.

Curse the last Bat movie, curse, curse, curse!

Daywalker
I agree with you 100% Spawnie,

Oh but I not saying that Odonnell was the best choice for Robin but I think he did a pretty good job. I mean come on, think about it, Robin's main purpose is to be the lighter character of the duo so Batman can be darker and more of a jerk, lol. A perfect example is in the New Batman Adventures where little Tim Drake is a funny cocky kid while Batman became darker and way more serious. So in my eyes, Chris could do no wrong.

Plus being a costumer, I thought both Robin costumes were great

Spawnie
Yeah well if u put it that way, lol. The last robin costume was really good, that one was more close to the nigtwing costume, and we all know that Nightwing is supposed to kick ass. Well I only hope that he does.

Eidolon
The first 2 were the best, afterwards the buildings and the villians kinda got too corny.

Daywalker
The thing that killed me was the Batcave. In the last movie, it was set up like a tourist attraction. The only people that should see the cave are Alfred,Batman and his kids.

Imagine Batman and Alfred designing the batcave:

Batman: Yes Alfred, I want some bright neon lights shining across the floor and cave walls.

Alfred: Very good sir, The lights will compliment the bright lighting of your batmobile.

It just wouldn't happen

Paola
Batman Returns (meow!! she ruled!!!!)

Jedi Shmedi
The best Batman film was the one that was never released in theaters.

Batman: Dead End.

It was first showed at this years San Diego Comic-Con.

It was made by a little known director who tried to show people how cool Batman could be without the rubber. (including the rubber nipples)

And boy did he pull it off!

check it out by going to any search engine and type in Batman: Dead End, for only an 8 minute movie, it's the best batman film by far.

I won't tell you who he fights, but you probably have a pretty good guess..................or do you?

Daywalker
Clark Bartram is an amazing Batman infact he is the best looking one i've seen live. He's right out of an Alex Ross comic/animated series.

Be sure to see the making off if you haven't seen it yet: http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/index.shtml

I thought it was more interesting than the film itself. What a of work. That should definitely make WB shoot for a higher standard when they come out with the next movie.

Jedi Shmedi
Yes! Exactly! Hopefully Christian Bale in the next Batman flick will be the exact opposite of what George Clooney was in Batman & Robin, a GOOD Batman!!!

Asian Hulk
How do you like this!!!!this Batman and Robin still in the Batman TV series in the 1970s.

M E R R Y
C H R I S T M A S
a n d
a
H A P P Y
N E W
Y E A R

Mr Parker
FINALLY a site I have come to where many of the posters agree with me that BATMAN FOREVER is the best film.I disagree with the other two people that said Robin is gay though.That was one of the main reasons I liked BATMAN FOREVER the best was because ROBIN was finally in the movie which really dissapointed me in the first two films.THAT and Michael Keaton was the worst casting choice in comicbook history because of how physically wrong he was for the role.Only thing wrong about Robin in BATMAN FOREVER is that Chris O'Donnel was such a horrible choice for the role since he was way too old for the role and his acting was just plain awful.

Daywalker
I'm not saying Forever is a bad film infact I enjoyed the look of it (except for the neon lighting) Kilmer looked good in the batsuit,the batmobile and batwing looked wicked and Jim Carrey was an awesome Riddler. I couldn't stand Tommy Lee's Two-Face though. Two-Face is supposed to be a serious evil cold blooded gangster not goofier than the Riddler.

I chose Returns because Keaton is the man when it comes to the latex bats and there was more bat action in Returns than the first Batman. I thought Michelle and Danny did a great job in their roles as well.

Batman and Robin was a major embarassment but I liked Robin in both of the films.

Spawnie
Hey I love the Forever, it's O'Donnel that made the robin look gay to me. I expected more, since he had a few roles that were more serious then Robin.

The choice of actors for the second one wasn't bad at all. I loved the cast, just the story all together didn't hold as good.

Oh, u're so right about 2Face.

Why was Keaton so bad? Forget about his body construction, I liked the way he played being messed up in the head. He was a cool Bruce I liked his style. Kilmer was a bit more classy. He has a soothing storytelling voice, nothing irritating, classy. I missed some edge there that Keaton had given the Bat. George was a cool Bruce but a bad Bat.

And yes the Robin should of been younger, O'Donnel was ready to become NightWing with that age.

sk8rpunkbarbie
i got 3 faves i cant decide between the on with poison ivy in, jack nicholson as the joker excellentae! and the jim carrey on "caffine 'ill kill ya!" great line!

Spawnie
I take back what I have said. Dead End is the BEST!!!!! Wow, I just finished watching it and it was really cool. I had no idea the Predators were gonna be there and the Alien warriors big grin. Good LORD when am I gonan see the end of that movie?????? Tell me is there a sequal? It can't just end there, come on gimme some good news ppl. Dead End needs a big ass production. Wooooooooohaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Daywalker
I still didn't mind O'donnell because i've seen Robin portrayed so many ways and no offense but...................he's just a sidekick laughing out loud

Keaton was the baddest Bat hands down(the WB movies that is). His Batman was very dark and grim and his Bruce was cool and silly..........a very clever contrast pulled off by a very clever actor.

Kilmer was a very good looking Bat and Bruce but I just felt he was trying to act like Keaton and those Bat boots were alittle too big to fill.

Clooney............I like him but he was just very monotone. He was a cool layed back Bruce but he cated the same when he was Batman which wasn't good at all.

You just now saw Dead End??? WOW! Clark Bartram was an incredible looking Batman, I have to say the best i've seen. He really made the spandex look work and his screen presence was amazing. I have it on DVD (bought it at a convention)

Daywalker
There were parts of B&R I could tolerate but I just can't fully condone that one laughing out loud Poison Ivy was a looker though

sk8rpunkbarbie
yeh i always used to wanna be poison ivy she was so great and oh yeh man love to be here

Spawnie
The scene when he jumps on that roof top, rain is pooring, he's in that crouching motionless state and the cape is all streched arround him, and then he rises, the cape goes up with him picking up every shred of water from the floor with it. Amazing comic book scene!

What production was Dead End? What was the point of that movie? Why didn't they make it more full length? Or there is a full movie and I've just seen the teaser?
It was cool that u guys didn't mention who he was fighting, I was so surprised and thrilled at the same time big grin. I won't say anything more cuz maybe there is still soem ppl that haven't see it.

Dead End IS THE BEST!

sk8rpunkbarbie
the bit where poison ivy says "this is a one woman show" and flicks bat girl with her whip is great"

Daywalker
Unfortunately, Batman: Dead End was only a shortfilm with a few directors,writers, producers, etc showcasing their talents and there probably will not even be a sequel sad

I agree with you about when he stood up slowly.............very "animated series" and it was just too cool. Have you seen the Making of the film? If not i'll have to send you a link, you'll love it!

Daywalker
Ivy was alright but I think Pfeiffer's Catwoman would kick her a$$ cool

sk8rpunkbarbie
yeh hmmm they shud make a sequeal cat woman v poison ivy!

Bicnarok

sk8rpunkbarbie
yeh watched the one with the joker in last nite (jack nicolson) now himj acting as the joker was quality!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.