Neo IS THE ONE!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seth-Gecko
The Oracle is a Program, plain and simple. She is there for a reason, she has her own "purpose" in the matrix. Think about it, she told him hes not the one, she told Trinity she would fall in love with the one, Morpheous yada-yada. All of it is just a system of control. Control what? Neo's Path. Reloaded states that the path of "the one" ends at that building. The architect told him that his role is to be inserted back into the matrix and reloaded the prime programming. This was neo's purpose! He was not ment to end anything

Seth-Gecko
"Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden asciduously avoided it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you inexorably....here"

Quoted from the architect, this means that in the programming of the matrix, some "one" will carry a code that can do what Neo does (flying, bullet stop, view matrix as code) no matter what. The machines realized this and thus created a "measure of control" to push Neo in the path he was "supposed" to take. Think about all the "help" hes getting: the oracle, seraph, the keymaker, all of which speak of "their purpose" in the matrix. All had a part in sending Neo to the source, where he was "supposed" to intergrate with the matrix and start the cycle ALL OVER AGAIN. Neo however is different than the 5 other ones that carried his program. Trinity's love is what is different and the reason he chose the matrix instead of the source. Since he did that, all that happened before the other ones is now just thrown out the window. Neo is on a path that no "one" has taken, making the rules as he goes.

GABRIEL05
So what you're trying to say is that there has been previous ANOMALIES, but they weren't THE ONE?

Seth-Gecko
how about smith? is he the one? NO! Smith is a program that was "destroyed" by Neo, thus being obsolete. Oracle states that when a program is replaced, it can stay in the matrix or return to the source.

"...and then somthing happend. Somthing I knew was impossible but it had happend anyway...you destroyed me. After words I knew the rules, I understood what i was supposed to but I didnt....I couldnt. I was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey."

Smith has become nothing more than a rouge program, a virus in a sense.

"The function of the One is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you cary, reinserting the prime program. After which, you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals--16 females, 7 male--to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race."

This cataclysmic system crash may be Smith himself since he is pretty much spreading his virus to EVERYONE in the matrix. Thats what I think is Smiths "Purpose"

Ushgarak
Although as has been pointed out, the Iracle never directly said "You are not the One" to Neo.

Seth-Gecko
No, The 5 other ones were in fact the one. They only did what they were supposed to do, return to the source. Neo didnt, you see what I'm getting at? Neo just screwed up everything and now there is no Path of the one. Since that building was destroyed, he cant get back to the source and therefore, has no way of "reloading" the matrix.

Seth-Gecko
She did in part 1 when they met the first time, but as I said, all is just a measure of control.

edit: your right, Neo stated he wasnt the one, the oracle only said he was waiting for somthing.

Ushgarak
Indeedy... there is always this running thing that the Oracle has never lied (although it is possible she has deceived nonetheless)

Seth-Gecko
i dont think its a question of lying, just more a matter of interpretation.

GABRIEL05
http://blogs.salon.com/0001797/2003/05/19.html Read this. This guy's good. Apropos this topic, read from the third to last paragraph.

Seth-Gecko
hmmm he brings up good pointss

GABRIEL05
non sequitur
I absolutely LOVE that Bruce Lee quote. It's funny cuz I just happened to check on this post by chance when I noticed it. It just kinda jumped out at me. I don't think it was chance either.

Seth-Gecko
what do u think about Neo being the one?

Seth-Gecko
bump ^

hodgie723
I now have reason to beleive that everyone standing in Neo's way, (the machines, like the archtect) obviously do now want to be destryoed. The machines i believe are tricking Neo to believe that his puropose was to end at that building and start Zion over once again. Now tell me, if you were a machine.. would you do anything and everything in your power to not be destroyed? You bet your ass you would. I think that the machines are tricking Neo and trying to hold him back.

The Omega

Lunchb0x
Smith does have purpose,a different purpose to his purpose as an agent, but he has purpose, "There is no escaping reason;no denying purpose,Because as we all know, without purpose we wouldn't exist"
So therefore, his purpose may be as Seth-Gecko mentioned

Ushgarak
That guy's assumption that the Councillor is one of the first people freed last time is dodgy- it was 100 years ago.

The Omega
Yes, that would make him some 111 years old by now, as Harmann himself states to've been freed at age 11.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.