How about the First ONE?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vim
I wonder how the machines reacted to the first ONE, it seems they would have been totally unprepared when the first one appeared and started doing the things he could do. And what about what morpheus said, about the one being able to remake the matrix as he saw fit? Where and when does all that come in? NOVEMBER FIFTH .... why couldn't it be like tomorrow or something? sad

Ikobe
The first One would have been the person that made the demise of the Eden-like Matrix (according to the Architect, who counts the Matrices by anomalies)... so I suppose, not very well, as the Architect also said, "we are becoming very efficient at it " - so I guess they weren't prepared at all, really.

~AI

Stovenutts
ha i wrote a story about it in the general fiction forum. i made it not like eden, but perfect nontheless. i havnt done the second part

nickjs21
realize, vim, that what morpheus said in m1 is garbage becuase of everything the architect said in m2. as far as we know right now, the story of the first one was completely false. never happened.

but aside from that, you do have to wonder how they machines reacted to the first real one, the first anomaly.

The Omega

Ikobe
There's a comic about that on the Matrix official website thingy. Can't be bothered to get the link though... I think it's in Series 1, though, near the end.

~AI

kobeprodgi
Omega> I agree with you when you say that the 1st Matrix was not disrupted by an anomaly. However what everyone here has overlooked or forgotten is that there were two failed versions of the Matrix as was alluded to by the architect in "Reloaded". The 1st perfect Matrix which was equalled in its perfection only by its monumental failure. The 2nd Matrix which was redesigned to "more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your (humans) nature", also ended in failure. It was only when the Matrix was reconfigured to give their human batteries a 'choice' was there the emergence of the "systemic anomaly", "The One". So there were actually 8 versions of the Matrix. Two failed versions, five completed cycles and the sixth version on which the Matrix Trilogy is based.

Ikobe
If the humans had not been given a 'choice', it would have failed again? Well, at least the Merovingian would have been sort-of happy.

~AI

kobeprodgi
And since were on the topic of "The One", does anyone know what the 'A' in 'Thomas A. Anderson' stands for ?. (Sorry if its a bit off topic but I did'nt want to start a whole new thread to ask this).

Ikobe
Been meaning to ask that for a while myself. I'm guessing it's 'Adam'...

~AI

The Omega

kobeprodgi
Omega> Any ideas on what the 'A', in 'Thomas A. Anderson', stands for ? And as for the failed versions of the Matrix, certainly with respect to the theme of this thread their mention may lack relevance, however it was important to note seeing that it was seemingly overlooked by everyone here, including yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.