Post Count

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Okay, okay, okay. How many of you newbies (and you regulars) would like the post count displayed on every post?

The reason I bring this up is because of the current explosion of new members. I would like to know who hangs around here the most. I know Raz, and most certainly others, got rid of the post count because of the mindless posters.

I still think that the post count should be on every post. So who else is with me? (Don't worry Raz, I'm not trying to start a resistance).

Godshinto
why not I am here all of the time I post with content and I love this site.

booniae
I'm a newbie myself. embarrasment But I think it's a great idea.

Boo bunny

Gundark
I think Raz said it had something to do with overloading the server or something. I think Ush knows.

But our post counts are still under our member profile. So they're there for anyone who wants to see them.

Tex
Typical Tomacco diva behaviourstick out tongue

Dexx
yup..you've been gone for quite some time it seems to. they disappeared some time ago. Even if this prooves a majority of yes...doubt it matters. Anyway..it's not that important

ToMacco
But I like to see who is the biggest loser here. I'm way up there, with like 9,000 posts.

diegocala
I don't like the post count showing, it is just as easy to click the Profile and it will not become some war to have the most.

G.P
*Completely agrees with Diegocala*

mechmoggy
I'm not fussed.

Smllfry247
i like the blocks!

Corran
Isn't it still available in one of the formats?

Dexx
naah..guess not. But the ranking system seems to be turned off in other forum styles.

Ushgarak
Hey, I don't know everything Raz does, or the reasoning behind it! He liks to run his place the way he wants to, of course, anmd that is a complicated job with many factors not necessarily visible to the average poster that have to be considered. No, there was no system reason for them going, else they would not be visible in the profiles either. Raz removed it because of the troubles with pointless posts. I am not really bothered with post count either, though if you look in the News and Questions area I have kinda spoken in favour of putting them back. We DO have a problem with people posting for the sake of it but people do also like a convenient way of seeing who is and isn't a veteran- I know I liked that when I first joined. And I find post count the least objectionable way of doing that, because any other system will either have its own problems or will encourage pointless posting anyway.

But as I say, I am not THAT fussed.

LindsIsTightK
I used to care about post count, but now I dont because I see how many unreasonable posts people make just because they can(myself being guilty of it sometimes as well) so now I figure it doesnt matter that much. people think making posts will make you a mod, but i have news for you, it wont~

Ushgarak
Good Lord no!

Godshinto
I liked the green block thing that was cool that measured the quality of your posts. I would probably be at 5 blocks or so by now.

LindsIsTightK
you can change the way you see the threads to where you can see the blocks in your settings, and yes you have 5 blocks and you are a forum junkie wink

Godshinto
Oh all I had to do is change it back to Default thanx.

Dexx
yup..you already were 5 wink...but these DO measure quantity not quality

Fitch
small details..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.