Why do you like The Lord of the Rings?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Danistar
Why do you like The Lord of the Rings?

I like the past, knigts, horses, big battles, breave warriors, beautiful castles, myth and mistery. It has everything in it! Mythology, adventure, romance, horror.

P-NuT
i like the magnitude of the whole production. when i first saw it it was like nothing i had ever seen before and its story was brilliantly told.

pinksuezo
epic feel, books come to life, gollum's schizo "conversations", orcs, eowyn, beautiful scenery, balrog, gandalf, nazgul, books come to life, and eowyn. there may b more

undomiel
I love the whole story line

chica16
i like the action, story, legolas oo lol, it's just a story that makes you feel good! haha

Metroplex
I like the story. Classic fight against good and evil.

billyboyd4ever
what dont i like about LOTR!! i think the whole thing is genius...especially how well the story was captured considering how complex it is...but i also applaud the casting directors... love love love and much mroe for pulling off the best movie ever!!!

Nefertite
I have created this thread before confused I'm tired of talking about the same things http://pasaulis.com/chat5/images/torm.gif

OrlandoBabe29
everything you all just said exept for Nefertite

Nefertite
I'm overwrited smile Good night! i'm going to bed.

FreeMason
I like the fact it is very moral.

It teaches you how to live, like any Myth does, and it teaches nothing more than what everyother myth has...it simply is as I put it once, Tolkein's new myth to add to the old ones.

He wasn't making a story, he was making a history...and that's what's good about it.

It's sad reading the books, because you pretty much know how it turns out...just as we know how our own history turned out...it's sad as if you are reading their lives...not some story.

ringofpower
LOTR IS HOT AND THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I jjust love it all, I think it's cute on how aragorn and arwen just love eachother.

FreeMason
Hmm ... I think it's rather tragic really that arwen and aragorn love eachother smile

ringofpower
y would u say it's a tragic thing that they love eachother?

Yawn* I'm all sleepy cuz it's like 10:31 here right now and sleeping is something i love :-P

BackFire349
i like how it deals honestly and bluntly with the consequences of a large scale, biblical battle between good and evil, it shows what consequences people would have to make.

FreeMason
Several reasons really.

First because theirs is a love that is for the first part, forbidden, Elrond doesn't even want to think about it...

As if that's not bad enough, Arwen has to die.

Not only does she HAVE to die, she doesn't even go west...for some strange reason, but Aragorn does...(I don't understand that part).

The whole series to me seems rather a tragedy.

A perfect world doomed to be ravaged by evil...and the only way for the evil to be gotten rid of, is to destroy that perfect world.

The perfect world is held in place by the Ring of Adamant, at least that's what I garnered from it, and all the rings lose their power once the One ring is destroyed.

And so the world of the Elves passes away.

The elves don't have to watch that...

But Arwen does, not even Aragorn has to watch that...as he dies before she does...but when Arwen dies, winter sets upon her deathplace, in Lothlorien.

The general nature of the book, implies that it is not a joyous occassion...

"Evil is defeated...but at what cost..."

Lady Ellie
LOTR is so touching and epical. And I love the fact that there are so many different characters and storylines.

muse5
epic story, epic music, legolas, aragorn, the scenery, fight to the death battles, legolas, the immense friendships, aragorn.... just everything about these movies are enjoyable

Hypernova
Been looking through the earlier thread. Things that are being covered now have been covered before. I did bring up old threads that I think are still relevant, but I have not seen been discussed (in length) big grin

Newer fans won't think to look through old thread to see if it's been discussed before, even if sometimes we all get reprimanded.

XxtinuvielxX
well, i love lord of the rings because of the models and all the imagination a brains put into it. Another reason is for orli!hahahaha love sorri, so sorri. What the f**k? and i say that ppl who dont like the movies just dont have the imagination to interpret it. i think its true? ^_^ what do you ppl think about my saying? tee hee wacko

aniron
I like its mystery:

what was tolkiens real relationship with the characters

and I love the story amazing

its just great.

Verity
Hmmm...In the movies, the production, the cast, the dedication and respect to the original story. The books, also Tolkien's dedication, detail, ingenuity, and at the same time drawing from various cultures to tell an old story of friendship, courage and honour...Gosh! Could I say anything more? stick out tongue wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.