The Architect...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
Well, this is probably really wrong and pointless but I'll spin it anyway.

The Oracle says that the programs that are doing their jobs are invisible (obviously the Agents need a physical form for destruction and combat, but the rest of the time, 'they are no-one', floating around in the Matrix, uh, invisible, apart from Smith, who's an exile, and can't disappear any more)- the exiles are visible (herself, the Keymaker, Seraph, etc.) - but the Architect, he's most certainly a program, isn't he? H e says that "we are getting exceedingly efficient at it ", so I'm assuming he's a machine/AI/a program of some sort. However, he has his own image - is this simply because he's The Architect and he can generally do that kind of thing... or is he, in himself, an exile?

~AI

Alias Neo
On enter the matrix , theres a level on the highway, and an Agent says
" We should return to the primary target, the exile" maybe he means the Architect??

Ikobe
Nah, he's talking about the Keymaker... in Reloaded, they start chasing after Trin, but give up to go back for him 'cause she's "unimportant". They'll have wished they hadn't said that when she kicks some serious arse later on, na?

~AI

Alias Neo
Morpheus Kicks butt cool

Evil Dead
Programs inside of the Matrix who do their jobs correctly are invisible..........

The Architect does NOT exist inside of the Matrix..........he is inside of the source, the system's mainframe........he designed the Matrix, how can he design it if he himself is inside of it?

As I said, the architect is inside of the source..not the Matrix.........the answer was so simple that they even gave it to us flat out in Reloaded.

Ikobe
So, Backstage isn't technically the Matrix? I figured what I figured on a whim last night (so that'll explain the wrong-ness of it wink) 'cause Neo is in the Matrix when he goes through the door of light and meets the Architect... there are the two doors, one that leads to Trinity and the other to the Source, so I thought that the Architect was actually in the Matrix if the Source was through the door (on the right... I think).

~AI

Evil Dead
Neo doesn't actually go through the door of light if you noticed.......he is somehow sucked into it...........he is absorbed through it....like he is travelling through a wire.........then the architect says, "although the process has altered your perception, you still remain irevokably human".......

then Neo must take a door to get back to the Matrix.......

The source is not part of the Matrix........just like the programmers maintanence passage (white hallway) is not part of the Matrix.........this is why Link cannot see them when they are in either, he can only see what is inside of the Matrix because he's only looking at the code for that one program.

Ikobe
So, the place where the Architect is, is neither The Matrix or The Source...? Because the worlds are either side of the room with all the TVs. Plus personally I'd be quite disappointed if the source was just that - a room of TVs. It could just be another pogram the Architect had written for the event of the One (assumedly) returning to the Source. I dunno.

~AI

Evil Dead
The architect's room is the source............from the source there are two doors.........one that leads to the system's mainframe and another that leads to the Matrix program.

Ikobe
Right. Right. I'm not stupid. I'm not. Honest. I just take a while to catch on. Not stupid. Just... *disappears*

~AI

rysdigital
nope, the source is behind the right door, it is NOT the architect's room.

the architect's room is just another program, not plugged into the matrix, just like the zion white room (from another topic).

Sifer
Also, the Architect says:

Although this process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human.

He doesn't say perception - quite a difference so I had to point it out smile

The Omega

Evil Dead
um..........the architect's room is indeed the source.......if the movie Reloaded doesn't convince you then play ETM..........the oracle tells Niobe that Neo's mind and body have been separated because he touched the source............

Neo travelled to the source.......met the architect.......then had a choice to make. From there he could either enter the mainframe or he could go back to the Matrix.........he chose the Matrix.

GABRIEL05
Jeez when you put it like that it kinda makes him sound like cypher

Korri
aww hen...u cannae be as mashed in the head as me smile

rysdigital
i noticed that, it's an inconsistency, since the architect says:

"there are 2 doors. the one on your right leads to the source and the salvation of zion..."
leads to, implying the architect's room isn't (part of) the source.

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.